737 Crashes into World Trade Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

I vaguly remember having a conversation with a school friend a year or so after it happened, we had to write a report on how we felt and how it would change the world, something you do in grade 6 (essay writting) to prepare you for highschool. I mentioned something like;

"What if they wanted to get us, and aimed an attack say on the WestGate or something"

Got me scared as a kid. Like what if it ever happend.
Pretty sure there were reports going around at the time that the Rialto tower was a potential target. As an 8 year old it got me pretty scared whenever I had to walk past the building.

I don't even want to think of if something happened at the MCG or a major even either. It would be horrific.

May as well post this here but a guy on reddit posted an image with his brother and sister up the top of the WTC's the day before the attack

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/2g0dz9/september_10th_2001_my_family_and_i_were_some_of/

"For anyone wondering about the story behind this. My family and I were in New York for a Star Trek convention that William Shatner was at, my dad was a huge trekkie. I was in 8th grade at the time and we spent a few days there. On the last day of the trip we had a few last sites to see. One of them being the World Trade Center. Among a few other amongst Manhattan we saw later that day. Our flight left that night so we could be back in town early enough that my siblings and I wouldn't miss anymore school. And due to a pretty nasty storm that night were actually pretty lucky our flight got out at all. We arrived back in Detroit pretty late and stayed in a hotel for the night to drive home in the morning. Woke up to see the towers burning on the television. (Short summary, I'm at work but I'll try to answer any questions anyone might have)"

That was his story

There was once a funny story of how a divorce took place as a result of Sept 11.

Wife rings husband (who works in the World Trade Centre) if he is ok after the planes had hit the buildings, husband responds (who is with a mistress on Long Island) that everything is ok and that it is just like any other day at work.:p:rolleyes:

Its the kinda s**t that would happen to me to be honest.:confused:

There was once a funny story of how a divorce took place as a result of Sept 11.

Wife rings husband (who works in the World Trade Centre) if he is ok after the planes had hit the buildings, husband responds (who is with a mistress on Long Island) that everything is ok and that it is just like any other day at work.:p:rolleyes:

Its the kinda s**t that would happen to me to be honest.:confused:

My god, you are kidding!!!

There were also reports of fire fighters being "assigned" to help widows of other fire fighters who lost their lives in the WTC. And then these guys developed relationships with these widows and left their original wives! Pretty sad...

Also forgotten are those who have continuing health problems since 9/11, just horrible respiratory problems they'll have for life.

maybe the pilot just heard lloyd only got one week?
It might be insensitive but this is a post I was amazed when I first read this thread. It was such a time capsule. I was only a kid and can remember it being night, my old house, my dad being in the toilet and my mum telling him to rush out. Weirdly enough, I need to remember watching the 2001 Grand Final in that same room (with the Roy and HG commentary) to provoke more memories. I don't remember much except the details, as happens a lot; the fact it was CNN's broadcast, the tilt of the tele...

Me and my old man always talk about how surreal it was that the day was so perfect. It was like an advertisement for NY it was so nice. That notion of normality going like that always interested me. Like the fact people still got on this useless forum, people still hated the MRP, and this humour still lingers on... it's bizarre. The most normal s**t becomes normalised or changed in these events.

I remember being about 15/16 and being right into all sorts of things like 9/11. Used to watch videos all night. I still can't even patronise the idea of pretending to understand how sorrowful and angry the families must be. Just normal people. Going to work and expecting to come home. I can't imagine the poor pricks who didn't even go quickly; who's instincts were so primal they decided to jump from a window instead of burning alive. *

It might be insensitive but this is a post I was amazed when I first read this thread. It was such a time capsule. I was only a kid and can remember it being night, my old house, my dad being in the toilet and my mum telling him to rush out. Weirdly enough, I need to remember watching the 2001 Grand Final in that same room (with the Roy and HG commentary) to provoke more memories. I don't remember much except the details, as happens a lot; the fact it was CNN's broadcast, the tilt of the tele...

Me and my old man always talk about how surreal it was that the day was so perfect. It was like an advertisement for NY it was so nice. That notion of normality going like that always interested me. Like the fact people still got on this useless forum, people still hated the MRP, and this humour still lingers on... it's bizarre. The most normal s**t becomes normalised or changed in these events.

I remember being about 15/16 and being right into all sorts of things like 9/11. Used to watch videos all night. I still can't even patronise the idea of pretending to understand how sorrowful and angry the families must be. Just normal people. Going to work and expecting to come home. I can't imagine the poor pricks who didn't even go quickly; who's instincts were so primal they decided to jump from a window instead of burning alive. ****
Brings back memories thats for sure.At the time of my post i recall it was suspected that a small plane had crashed into the WTC hence the light hearted post.Can't remember how long after my post that the 2nd plane crashed,But fair to say the foot was in my mouth.

Brings back memories thats for sure.At the time of my post i recall it was suspected that a small plane had crashed into the WTC hence the light hearted post.Can't remember how long after my post that the 2nd plane crashed,But fair to say the foot was in my mouth.
That's seemingly what almost everyone thought, that it was a small plane hitting the base. Then, that the buildings wouldn't collapse and they'd just keep burning. I've always found people's stories on 9/11 to be profound

That's seemingly what almost everyone thought, that it was a small plane hitting the base. Then, that the buildings wouldn't collapse and they'd just keep burning. I've always found people's stories on 9/11 to be profound
Well it certainly changed the world(yet again).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i can remember sticking a 3 hr video tape in the vhs and pressing the super long play record button and getting 9 hrs of stuff on one tape
think its still in a box in a cupboard somewhere
should dig it out
might hold some clues :eek:
Get the popcorn out.;):D

My god, you are kidding!!!

There were also reports of fire fighters being "assigned" to help widows of other fire fighters who lost their lives in the WTC. And then these guys developed relationships with these widows and left their original wives! Pretty sad...

Also forgotten are those who have continuing health problems since 9/11, just horrible respiratory problems they'll have for life.

Due to the asbestos contained in the Twin Towers, it was going to cost 800mil to remove the asbestos so it was more profitable to insure the buildings against any terrorist acts, fly some plans into them so it looked like a terrorist act for insurance purposes.
Demolish the buildings to guarantee they are beyond repairable, then collect a few billion in a insurance payout.
So I'm guessing the Twin Towers owner wasn't to disappointed of the events on 9/11, infact he was laughing all the way to the bank.
All what I mentioned can be clearly observed thru some research.
Why would you take out a 99 year lease on the Twin Towers when you knew it had an asbestos issue with an 800mil expense to ridicule it?
That there is a huge smoking gun it was an inside job, the owner is Jewish too coincidentally!

should watch it
i can remember whats his name telling them to pull building 7 or what ever it was

Larry Silverstein, he also bought the 99 year lease on the Twin Towers & insured it for Terrorism only months prior to 9/11.
Made a few billion from 9/11, I'm sure he bought every Muslim a beer or two!

Come on man, I love some open discussion about potential cover-ups and conspiracy – I believe in a few, more than most people, and I actually like the discussion that goes on in these threads between cynics and people who believe the proposed truths. But surely you're just going to derail the thread into a bunch of hate and argument when it should be about memory and remembrance?

And the Jew s**t man... come on

Come on man, I love some open discussion about potential cover-ups and conspiracy – I believe in a few, more than most people, and I actually like the discussion that goes on in these threads between cynics and people who believe the proposed truths. But surely you're just going to derail the thread into a bunch of hate and argument when it should be about memory and remembrance?

And the Jew s**t man... come on

Apology, wrong thread, R.I.P victims

That second post...

Read through the 'as it happened' posts here every year. Still chilling and fascinating.

its the anniversary
of course its going to get brought up EVERY year
believers of the official story will give those that dont believe a hard time and vice versa

happens every year on every forum that has a thread on 911
but yeah we should remember that a lot of people were murder 13 years ago today
no matter how you believe they were murdered or by whom
some people dont even believe the number that was officially announced
but it matters not
its effected thousands of lives
and we'll all remember where we were and what we were doing on that day 13 years ago

I can remember my 1st thought when it was mentioned on the news just before the tv footage started coming through.

" oh s**t , must be shitty weather in NY today....."

First images pop up..........( start scratching head )

As for my personal opinion on " the conspiracy "
I think the us Govt knew something big was imminent but no idea when or where.
( have 0% interest arguing/debating my opinion on this either so save your bandwith :thumbsu: )

RIP victims

Remove this Banner Ad

Back