Preview The Heritier Lumumba motion picture thread - "Concussion - Its been fantastic"

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting a bit excited about HL. If anyone can get him back to his AA form it's Roosy. Should still be right in his prime, and as we saw with Bernie Vince Roosy and co. are good at identifying and fixing up the deficiencies which might lead to good players not producing their optimum output.

And at the very least he's exciting to watch.

Harry O'nanist?

514_400x400_NoPeel.jpg

The thing about Harry is that regardless of how you evaluate him as a player, his style of play is almost at complete odds with how we used the footy in the back half this year. He is a clearance player, his whole MO goes against the chipping it back, holding it up, pointless switching we did.

From that pov I'm looking forward to seeing how our gameplan evolves from 2014 to 2015 because if we don't evolve then the prince will stick out like royal dogs balls and our mids won't be aligned with that sort of play.

The thing about Harry is that regardless of how you evaluate him as a player, his style of play is almost at complete odds with how we used the footy in the back half this year. He is a clearance player, his whole MO goes against the chipping it back, holding it up, pointless switching we did.

From that pov I'm looking forward to seeing how our gameplan evolves from 2014 to 2015 because if we don't evolve then the prince will stick out like royal dogs balls and our mids won't be aligned with that sort of play.
It's a promising sign from the coaching staff that we've signed him, IMO. Suggests an impending strategic shift. Frost and Garlett are both attacking players too.

Such a good point.

We obviously needed some penetration from the back - but Roos is very big on being conservative rather than risking a turnover.

It'll all come down to whether Hebby Lebadoodoo can hit his targets rather than just going the long bomb to a contest on the wings.

Either way it should make life easier for Dawes and Hogan who won't have to make dozens of leads to and from the wing whilst we chip the bloody thing around on the last line.

With Harry filling the half-back sweeper role, can Jeremy Howe go back forward now?

I'd be perfectly happy to see Garland back dropping into the 'intercept mark' role which Howe worked on last year.

I liked what he added to his game, but if we can start being more competitive, I'd like to see him thrown forward when it counts more often next year as well.

With Harry filling the half-back sweeper role, can Jeremy Howe go back forward now?

I'd be perfectly happy to see Garland back dropping into the 'intercept mark' role again - which Howe worked on last year.

I liked what he added to his game, but if we can start being more competitive, I'd like to see him thrown forward when it counts more often next year as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting a bit excited about HL. If anyone can get him back to his AA form it's Roosy. Should still be right in his prime, and as we saw with Bernie Vince Roosy and co. are good at identifying and fixing up the deficiencies which might lead to good players not producing their optimum output.

And at the very least he's exciting to watch.

He played very well in most games this year.
He's a terrific trainer and a pretty consistent player.

He's not in a slump.

He's not in a slump.

I've always thought of him as a very dangerous rebounding running defender when he's left alone. As a pies fan what are your thoughts about him defending a high ball and playing on a defensive forward? Your 2010 defense was well set up and after that year teams seemed to put more thought into matching up on him.

I've always thought of him as a very dangerous rebounding running defender when he's left alone. As a pies fan what are your thoughts about him defending a high ball and playing on a defensive forward? Your 2010 defense was well set up and after that year teams seemed to put more thought into matching up on him.

Obviously he has his faults.
That's the challenge for Roos and co.
To structure a role that won't exploit his weaknesses but allows for his strengths.
He is fast, fit, very difficult to tackle and a team player.
He has terrific reflexes/reaction time and his first 5 steps are powerful.

I hope he does well, a believe he will.
Probably finish top 5 in your BnF.

Obviously he has his faults.
That's the challenge for Roos and co.
To structure a role that won't exploit his weaknesses but allows for his strengths.
He is fast, fit, very difficult to tackle and a team player.
He has terrific reflexes/reaction time and his first 5 steps are powerful.

I hope he does well, a believe he will.
Probably finish top 5 in your BnF.

Cheers, wasn't having a go at him btw just my observations from afar.

I know the club said that they were just letting him focus on his football so no interviews and twitter etc but I'm surprised that we haven't seen an official photo released of him in our polo/jumper.

I know the club said that they were just letting him focus on his football so no interviews and twitter etc but I'm surprised that we haven't seen an official photo released of him in our polo/jumper.
I'm also surprised by this. Usually there is a fluff piece written/interview organised/photo shoot in jumper as soon as the trade goes through. Was he away over this period or just lying low?

I'm also surprised by this. Usually there is a fluff piece written/interview organised/photo shoot in jumper as soon as the trade goes through. Was he away over this period or just lying low?

He promised he was going to keep quiet, maybe this is just a part of that

No need to introduce himself and talk about what he wants to do, better to just go out there and do it

Lying low I think.

He was signed on the premise that he would do no interviews or media this year, and also close his Facebook and Twitter accounts.

He agreed that his time at Melboune would not be used as a platform for discussing social agendas etc.

Good on him for agreeing to all that because I don't think it will be easy for him to keep his mouth shut.

Will be interesting to see if he can do it!

Lying low I think.

He was signed on the premise that he would do no interviews or media this year, and also close his Facebook and Twitter accounts.

He agreed that his time at Melboune would not be used as a platform for discussing social agendas etc.

Good on him for agreeing to all that because I don't think it will be easy for him to keep his mouth shut.

Will be interesting to see if he can do it!
Good points. OK so some issues at Collingwood, but with Roos and MFC hopefully the situation is totally different for him now he has moved. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he has a great year in 2015.

He's not in a slump.
I didn't say he was in a slump? Just not performing at the standard he's shown he's capable of.

You will only get some value out of H if you tell him to stop his ambassador, speaking and offield duties.
He has been caught up in his own importance and it has an effect on his ability to stay grounded within a team envrionment.
He has given us great service but he became totally unhinged and hypocritical with the poster issue showing that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back