Prediction 1 non BLOWTORCH GAME TO GO edited

Remove this Banner Ad

I have us winning 5 more games to finish fourth.
Losses against Freo, Sydney, Hawks and Collingwood and winning the rest.

Qualifying final: Hawks vs Eagles: Loss
Followed up by a home final against either Richmond or Bulldogs: win.
Followed by a prelim against Freo at Subi which is anyones guess.
GF between Hawks and whoever wins between us and freo.: Hawks win 3 in a row

Sorry to reveal the future for everyone. May as well give the trophy to the Hawks now.

There was footage on 'charged' that little video thing the afl website puts up every week. It was just a cheeky love tap to the guts, and i think from memory a downfield free kick was paid.
Thanks for the heads-up.

We'll finish 2nd if we only lose two games imo, unless Sydney win the rest of their games except for their game against us.

This ^. Another Sydney V WC qualifying final would be great but. Circa 05 and 06 except it would be in NSW.

I have us winning 5 more games to finish fourth.
Losses against Freo, Sydney, Hawks and Collingwood and winning the rest.

Qualifying final: Hawks vs Eagles: Loss
Followed up by a home final against either Richmond or Bulldogs: win.
Followed by a prelim against Freo at Subi which is anyones guess.
GF between Hawks and whoever wins between us and freo.: Hawks win 3 in a row

Sorry to reveal the future for everyone. May as well give the trophy to the Hawks now.
This was my line of thinking at round 1, not much has changed.

For those of you who are fans of the Squiggle, it has us winning every single game...

West%20Coast.png
West Coast 107 - 67 Adelaide
Adelaide.png
Subiaco (WA)

How good would it be if this is the scoreline this weekend. Could practically bet your house on us winning the GF.:rainbow::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6+ wins from here out. Personally I think the dockers are about to s**t the bed, too reliant on Walters to kick goals, Pavlich is faltering and they are undermanned in KPD. They do have the best midfield in the competition and at the moment that is papering over some cracks, but they are far too reliant on it. We will take them next time we play. Otherwise we on a par with Sydney and Collingwood but behind Hawthorn. We should start favourites against everyone else imo.

You had me at "Personally I think the dockers are about to s**t the bed"

I'ts difficult to explain, but I cant seem to lock in that confidence that some in this thread have.

Our 2 biggest wins were Richmond and Port. Richmond were coming off the bye, didn't amount to much last year, have lost to the Dees and Dogs and but for come cushy 4th quarter umpiring would've lost to an undermanned GWS last week. Port are a shambles this year and the significance of our win against them shrinks up each passing week. Even an away win against Collingwood won't be enough to truly convince me of our top 4 credentials - they were nowhere last year and have had an even better draw so far this year than us.

If we beat at least one of Hawks, Swans or Dockers, I'll jump on board.

The Pies going down last night has helped our chances at top 4 hopefully we can get there and give the whole thing a crack <-- wishful thinking.

I'ts difficult to explain, but I cant seem to lock in that confidence that some in this thread have.

Our 2 biggest wins were Richmond and Port. Richmond were coming off the bye, didn't amount to much last year, have lost to the Dees and Dogs and but for come cushy 4th quarter umpiring would've lost to an undermanned GWS last week. Port are a shambles this year and the significance of our win against them shrinks up each passing week. Even an away win against Collingwood won't be enough to truly convince me of our top 4 credentials - they were nowhere last year and have had an even better draw so far this year than us.

Agree entirely.

We will play finals obviously but I don't think we are at the level to be able to win any against decent opposition

The Pies going down last night has helped our chances at top 4 hopefully we can get there and give the whole thing a crack <-- wishful thinking.

Not sure how will impact next weeks game. 3 losses in a row for Nafan - hopefully its denting the pies confidence rather than pumping them up for the game against us.

You mention the Tigers and Pies and how unconvincing they have been. Those two teams are challenging us for that 4th spot. If you aren't convinced by them, who else is going to take that 4th spot away from us?

We just need to win one of Collingwood, Freo, Hawks and Sydney to pretty much secure top 4. Anything more than that will see us challenging for top 2.

Ideally it would be great to win both the Sydney & Hawthorn games as they would be both 8 point games (4 points we get and 4 points each of those 2 teams can't get). Winning both of those games would give us a really great shot at finishing 2nd. Those 2 games are massively important.

For those of you who are fans of the Squiggle, it has us winning every single game...

West%20Coast.png
West Coast 107 - 67 Adelaide
Adelaide.png
Subiaco (WA)
Collingwood.png
Collingwood 80 - 88 West Coast
West%20Coast.png
Docklands (VIC)
West%20Coast.png
West Coast 84 - 68 Sydney
Sydney.png
Subiaco (WA)
Gold%20Coast.png
Gold Coast 65 - 100 West Coast
West%20Coast.png
Carrara (QLD)
West%20Coast.png
West Coast 94 - 82 Hawthorn
Hawthorn.png
Subiaco (WA)
Fremantle.png
Fremantle 69 - 76 West Coast
West%20Coast.png
Subiaco (WA)
West%20Coast.png
West Coast 104 - 60 Western Bulldogs
Western%20Bulldogs.png
Subiaco (WA)
Adelaide.png
Adelaide 79 - 95 West Coast
West%20Coast.png
Adelaide Oval (SA)
West%20Coast.png
West Coast 114 - 62 St Kilda
St%20Kilda.png
Subiaco (WA)

FINALS: WEEK 1
West Coast 84 - 68 Sydney

FINALS: WEEK 3
West Coast 94 - 82 Hawthorn

2015 AFL GRAND FINAL
Fremantle.png
Fremantle 84 - 94 West Coast
West%20Coast.png

For this reason alone I love the squiggle. I dont care about its flaws, i like to live in fantasy land.

How accurate has it been in predicting our wins and margins for previous games?

You mention the Tigers and Pies and how unconvincing they have been. Those two teams are challenging us for that 4th spot. If you aren't convinced by them, who else is going to take that 4th spot away from us?
That's a good question. Those 2 are realisitically the ones in the hunt. I have Richmond ahead of Collingwood.

I said "top four credentials" but I suppose I'm talking about the necessary credentials to be classed in that upper echelon of sides. It's one thing to finish 4th but quite another to say that the 4th placed team is on the same level as the top 3. It's been a funny old season but there have been 3 sides who are clearly a cut above the rest.

We could lose our upcoming games against those 3 teams and still finish 4th. There would be a marked difference in finishing 4th in those circumstances compared to finishing 4th but also managing to snag one or two wins against those 3 top sides (regardless of our other results).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back