Retired #9: Brendon Goddard - Retires a winner - Thanks for everything BJ

Remove this Banner Ad

News today,

Washington and Colorado citizens to be allowed to smoke cannabis freely

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-to-be-allowed-to-smoke-cannabis-freely.html

Washington and Colorado have become the first US states to legalise the possession and sale of cannabis for recreational use, and gay marriage advocates declared victory in four states.

Washington's Initiative-502 passed 55-45 and means that from Dec 6 it will be legal for adults over 21 to possess an ounce of cannabis.

The drug will be sold at outlets with a state licence. It will be heavily taxed, raising an estimated $1.9 billion over five years.

Campaign manager Alison Holcomb said: "Today the state of Washington looked at 75 years of national prohibition and said it is time for a new approach."

More than $6 million was spent on the Washington legalisation campaign including $2 million from Peter Lewis, the 88-year-old chairman of a car insurance company. It was also backed by the newly elected top policeman in the city of Seattle.

Colorado's Amendment 64, which passed 54-46 was similar but, in addition, allows citizens to grow up to six cannabis plants at home.

Possession there will be legal in 30 days time and the first cannabis stores are expected to open in January.

I think Hird may need to answer some questions...

I dont believe Ess has ever drafted a Number 1 ND pick.

Can anyone confirm if Goddard is EFC's first No 1 draft pick??

Top 10 national draft picks we’ve had at the club... quite a few but indeed never a no. 1... until now!

Brendon Goddard, #1, 2002 (drafted by St Kilda, yet to play seniors)
Chris Heffernan, #2, 1996
Scott Gumbleton, #2, 2006
Michael Prior, #3, 1992
Justin Murphy, #3, 1993 (drafted by Richmond)
Scott Lucas, #4, 1994
Mark Bolton, #4, 1997
Daniel McAlister, #5, 1996
Michael Hurley, #5, 2008
Andrew Rogers, #6, 1987
Damien Cupido, #6, 1999 (drafted by Brisbane)
Kepler Bradley, #6, 2003
David Myers, #6, 2007
Patrick Ryder, #7, 2005
Michael Symons, #8, 1991
Dyson Heppell, #8, 2010
Andrew Payze, #9, 1986 (never played seniors)
Michael Werner, #9, 1988
Dale Kickett, #9, 1989 (drafted by Fitzroy)
Mark McVeigh, #9, 1998
Blake Caracella, #10, 1994
Jason Laycock, #10, 2002
Jake Melksham, #10, 2009
Joe Daniher, #10, 2012 (yet to play seniors)

Nice bookends, this list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've all just justified the old Thread title.

Until he sets foot again on Australian soil, expect us to keep talking ####on this thread...we are all like a bunch of excited school girls. It's pathetic really...;)

Until he sets foot again on Australian soil, expect us to keep talking ####on this thread...we are all like a bunch of excited school girls. It's pathetic really...;)
Shouldn't you be editing a 35 hour documentry to be screened instead of Footy classified for the next 2 seasons??? Would love to see all of Lloyds goals in one 3 hour special....

I'm perfectly ok with it.

Shouldn't you be editing a 35 hour documentry to be screened instead of Footy classified for the next 2 seasons??? Would love to see all of Lloyds goals in one 3 hour special....

Yeah I'm right on it....got 17 hrs done already. I've grown a beard thats down to my knees and I've got a collection of milk bottles filled with my own urine..nearly done.

So whats Brendon's nickname? Why do they call him BJ?

I reckon he needs a new name while being a Bomber.

Something like 'the dominator' hopefully...:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back