Retired #9: Brendon Goddard - Retires a winner - Thanks for everything BJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyle is a confidence type of player, feed his ego by letting him play amongst stars (e.g. goddard) and watch him become the next allan didak.

In all seriousness though, do you think kyle can mold into an alan didak type player? I think thats what he needs to do
I can see it happening, but I'd like him to be less flashy and appear in the guts more often.
Didak was a great player in his day, but went missing far too often.

Leading goalkicker in a premiership year.

You'd take Didak's career, lock stock and... well, one smoking barrel.
Underrated post.

EDIT: I posted 100 times today. All hail the BJ.

And Goddard

I am wrapt that we got an All Australian type but am a little bit hesitant to give up those 2 top 10 picks for him........whats that you say?........ we give up nothing............yeh, this is no brainer.

Goddard and Daniher in the one off season. Thats a couple of wins, mind you, well overdue.
If we lose Gus to FA we will get no compo,so we may lose Gus out of all this...Goddard still a brilliant get though..Well worth potentially losing Gus....Hope Gus stays or Port trade for him so they don't lose their compo for Chaplin......Keep shopping Dons, loving this feeling!!!!

Great get Bombers!

Is it true he was injured early in 2011 and played with it all year and didn't get a full pre season last year after having surgery to fix that injury?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great get Bombers...or a bad get if you ask most St K supporters...in light of that, im presuming they wouldn't give a shite if they got a 3rd rd compo pick for him, given that he's washed up and all...

I think you'll find most st kilda supporters are pretty upset with losing Goddard, myself included. I have no doubt with a full pre season he will be a gun again next year. But do you honestly think he will recapture his 09' 10' form? I really hope he does as I love Goddard but I don't think he will.

I think you'll find most st kilda supporters are pretty upset with losing Goddard, myself included. I have no doubt with a full pre season he will be a gun again next year. But do you honestly think he will recapture his 09' 10' form? I really hope he does as I love Goddard but I don't think he will.
I think if we are going well, he may have the hunger for a premiership back and may go back to playing that well, or at least close to it. Maybe he needs a change of environment, from a team realistically starting to rebuild for another flag, to a team that considers themselves on the up.
Even if he plays better than that, he won't be seen as that great now that he is at Essendon. You know, the team that will never contend again. He would be guaranteed an All Australian position if he left to Hawthorn or Collingwood

Bigfooty yesterday:

- Essendon's list is s**t jobe is the only good player
- Goddard is a gun but the bombers cant get good players

Bigfooty today:

- Goddard is not what the bombers need he cant play mid
- Goddard is s**t

Thats the short version, I get the feeling we did something right given how upset they are.

I think if we are going well, he may have the hunger for a premiership back and may go back to playing that well, or at least close to it. Maybe he needs a change of environment, from a team realistically starting to rebuild for another flag, to a team that considers themselves on the up.
Even if he plays better than that, he won't be seen as that great now that he is at Essendon. You know, the team that will never contend again. He would be guaranteed an All Australian position if he left to Hawthorn or Collingwood

No need for the chip on the shoulder. I'm pretty sure everyone considers jobe Watson as being a champion player. I think Goddard will be a very very good player again for all the reasons you stated above as well as the fact he can do a full pre season this year. I just don't think he will reach 09' 10' form again when he was top three in the comp. whilst I'm gutted he left I do hope he finds that form again as it was an absolute joy to watch for the true footy fans.

No need for the chip on the shoulder. I'm pretty sure everyone considers jobe Watson as being a champion player. I think Goddard will be a very very good player again for all the reasons you stated above as well as the fact he can do a full pre season this year. I just don't think he will reach 09' 10' form again when he was top three in the comp. whilst I'm gutted he left I do hope he finds that form again as it was an absolute joy to watch for the true footy fans.
Good post, you've got your head screwed on the right way.

MBM isn't far off the money though, there's a lot of posters on this site who refuse to rate Essendon, no matter who we have on our list. Same probably goes with most other clubs.

The big thing for me with the is that, Jobe has been able to grab the team and put them on his back, ie Melbourne and Sydney games. Goddard has been able to do this too, ie grand final. If we can recapture that mental state again, having two players recover a team on the slide in a game, is enormous. This is why i am so excited with today's announcement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back