A Current affairs attack on Hillsong

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame we can't have a senseible discussion about this.

Again I put the call out for anyone who has been to Hillsong to give a serious explaination as to why they are a cult.

I'm not saying they are not a cult I am not saying they are but at least I would actually go along to there church and experience it myself before forming judgement.

As a Christian I am the first to admit there are some very dodgy churches out there but there are some very good ones that do plenty of great work in the community and aren't all about $$

Again I put the call out for anyone who has been to Hillsong to give a serious explaination as to why they are a cult.

I'm not saying they are not a cult I am not saying they are but at least I would actually go along to there church and experience it myself before forming judgement.

As a Christian I am the first to admit there are some very dodgy churches out there but there are some very good ones that do plenty of great work in the community and aren't all about $$
Hillsong is a business,with a tax exemption

Why would you have to go along? Would you feel the need to hang out with the Rebels to decide whether they are on occasion up to no good? Seems to me you are doing a bit of PR on their behalf.

Why would you have to go along? Would you feel the need to hang out with the Rebels to decide whether they are on occasion up to no good? Seems to me you are doing a bit of PR on their behalf.
lol not at all. I attend a presbyterian church which is at a different end of the scale to Hillsong, I work in a parachurch organise and reguarly go around to different churches which I enjoy.

I don't agree with some of the teachings I have heard from HIllsong but would like to attend one day out of interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If by "aid" you mean "Sending bibles to countries devastated by earthquakes, famine and floods" then sure, they give aid.
Charismatic churches in Africa are some of the loudest voices when it comes to homophobia in in these countries, these are the sort of people Hillsong gives "aid" to. It's bigotry by proxy.

What I will say is no matter whether you are Christian Atheist etc don't put all churches in the one basket. Yes there are some that I wouldn't go near but many make valuable contributions to society and you don't have to be a Christian to know this.

Live next door to a hillsong family.
Dads a suss campaigner
The founder of Hillsong, Harley Davidson-riding pastor Brian Houston, is one of Scott Morrison’s mentors.
Says it all!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back