A Drinkers Guide to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Others that spring to mind:

The Historian - Coromandel Place. As the name suggests, an historic old pub down a lane way
The Union - Waymouth Street. Friday nights are full of attractive office women.
The Exeter - Rundle Street. Bit of s dive, but beer is cheap. Was a go to place during University.
Apothecary 1878 - Hindley Place. Excellent wine selection. Old world decour.

Used to drink a bit at the Royal Oak about 15 years ago as I had a mate who lived around the corner. Was during Derryn Hinch's heavy alcoholism phase and he was there every night.

For the guy looking for the a good craft beer place, the Wheatsheaf in Thebarton is pretty good for that. Just out of the city, even walkable from Hindley Street, has a bit of an eclectic/grungy and slight Lesbian vibe, but has an awesome selection of craft beers and malt whiskies if your into that sort of thing.
Also if you are into whiskey that's the #1 spot.

Recommend Howling Owl on Frome St if you like gin.

Others that spring to mind:

The Historian - Coromandel Place. As the name suggests, an historic old pub down a lane way
The Union - Waymouth Street. Friday nights are full of attractive office women.
The Exeter - Rundle Street. Bit of s dive, but beer is cheap. Was a go to place during University.
Apothecary 1878 - Hindley Place. Excellent wine selection. Old world decour.
Good pool table at The Exeter as well, but yes, definitely a massive hole. Alcohol isn't even THAT cheap anymore.

Good pool table at The Exeter as well, but yes, definitely a massive hole. Alcohol isn't even THAT cheap anymore.

It's not a hole, its the image its trying to create of a raw, original, hipster, pokie free pub that has a great atmosphere. Its similar to what the Crown & Anchor is and the Grace Emily and Crown & Sceptre

If your staying near Hutt Street there is the Havelock and Arab Steed pubs, but a rather trendy/yuppy little bar has recently opened up - Bar Torino that is very busy every night of the week, seems very successful. Quite a upmarket, refined, mature crowd however, no riff raff here

Arkaba is round the corner from me, and it's a f***ing dive. There will be literally hundreds of better places to watch the game in Adelaide.

If you hear the Gough chant one Friday night in the not too distant future from 7 slightly inebriated Cats supporters, don't blame me.

Used to drink a bit at the Royal Oak about 15 years ago as I had a mate who lived around the corner. Was during Derryn Hinch's heavy alcoholism phase and he was there every night.

For the guy looking for the a good craft beer place, the Wheatsheaf in Thebarton is pretty good for that. Just out of the city, even walkable from Hindley Street, has a bit of an eclectic/grungy and slight Lesbian vibe, but has an awesome selection of craft beers and malt whiskies if your into that sort of thing.

It's a stretch to say the Wheatsheaf is walkable from the CBD, even if you started from Hindley St. Great pub though.

Yeah, being a former lesbian bar will do that...

Exeter or nothing. (Except all the other places with decent beer and venues that don't have pokies)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pool table? Sure you aren't thinking of the Cranka?

Have had too many nights there ending at 5am on a Sunday morning, it's my Achilles heel!
Such pride in such life failings :p

Woolshed.

/endthread
BougainvilleBukaandNeighbourhood.png

I will be in Radelaide in July, would I be better off staying on Melbourne street in North Adelaide or in the cbd closer to Rundle Mall? I'm a cafe during the day pub/bar at night person clubbing doesn't interest me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back