A-League A-League Men Round 10 - New Year New Start! (Hopefully)

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League Round 10 and we say goodbye to the year 2022 which has had its share of difficulties for the league hopefully a new year means a new start and some encouraging change. We have the traditional New Years eve match in Gosford between CCM V Melbourne Victory and the New Years day match between Newcastle V Sydney FC and the South West Sydney Derby.

A-League Round 10

Friday 30th December
Western United V Brisbane Roar 7:45pm ESDT, 6:45pm EST, AAMI Park

Saturday 31st December
Central Coast Mariners V Melbourne Victory 7:00pm ESDT, Industree Group Stadium (Live on 10 Bold, Check local guides)

Sunday 1st January
Newcastle Jets V Sydney F.C 3:00pm ESDT, McDonald Jones Stadium (Live on 10 Bold, Check local guides)
Western Sydney Wanderers V Macarthur F.C 5:00pm ESDT, CommBank Stadium

Monday 2nd January
Wellington Phoenix V Melbourne City 1:00pm ESDT, 3:00pm NZLT, Sky Stadium
Adelaide United V Perth Glory 7:45pm ESDT, 7:15pm CSDT, 4:45pm WST, Coopers Stadium

Predictions: WU 1-0 CCM 2-0 NEW 3-2 WSW V Mac 1-1 City 2-1 Adel 2-0

Enjoy the football and happy new year to all who contribute on the board hope its a good one

They should have the majority of matches on channel 10 with decent promotion around it. They could build the game like they did for the bbl.

Channel 10 don’t even give a sh!t anymore, They preferred to show episodes of MacGyver instead of the WU V Victory match on Monday.

Channel 10 don’t even give a sh!t anymore, They preferred to show episodes of MacGyver instead of the WU V Victory match on Monday.
It was ridiculous that the league didn't have the wherewithal to play & televise it on FTA right after the boxing day test. They could have even got a few more through the gate from over the road as well!

Trying to get people onto Paramount which isnt happening yet refusing to budge meaning they show reruns of old shows instead of live sport which im sure would rate better?

The move to 10/Paramount has been a disaster for the league. Never seen so little interest and APL/Melb derby doesn't help. Is there a dumber sports administration in this country than those running soccer?! Any one of us could do better. People would assume thats a piss take comment but i mean it. Its bewildering these idiots have the jobs they do

Trying to get people onto Paramount which isnt happening yet refusing to budge meaning they show reruns of old shows instead of live sport which im sure would rate better?

The move to 10/Paramount has been a disaster for the league. Never seen so little interest and APL/Melb derby doesn't help. Is there a dumber sports administration in this country than those running soccer?! Any one of us could do better. People would assume thats a piss take comment but i mean it. Its bewildering these idiots have the jobs they do
You're not wrong.
But have to say the fox (plus fta feature match) wasn't great either. Maybe they should turn it around and put the bigger games behind the pay wall. Its difficult when you don't have the people already watching the streaming service. Either way they aren't creating a reason to go to paramount and can't see the game promoted as much as it should be.

The WU could have shot up into the 6 tonight but weren't creative enough with their shots on. Almost as bad as MV were on Monday!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not wrong.
But have to say the fox (plus fta feature match) wasn't great either. Maybe they should turn it around and put the bigger games behind the pay wall. Its difficult when you don't have the people already watching the streaming service. Either way they aren't creating a reason to go to paramount and can't see the game promoted as much as it should be.
But thats the thing. They dont promote either!

I genuinely hear nothing about the aleague unless i seek it out whereas you cant avoid cricket. Even NBL has more presence so how do they expect to drive subscribers or even get watchers on FTA. No use advertising it on 10 when barely anyone watches FTA anymore...

Plus people are creatures of habit. Alot of us have just found new habits instead of aleague. I used to be a member for aufc for 6-7 years but just have other s**t to do now. Aleague does literally nothing to get people to care

Behind a paywall
Revolving door of players at all clubs. We lost 7 of our best 11 the year after we won it
Most owners are tightarses
No marquees really
AUFC never sell out yet on boiling hot days they dont let people sit in the shaded side unless they paid up for a ticket. Why not just make people happy, it goes a long way in retaining fans

Are there any positives to counter this? You get to watch young players come up and support your club all i can think of. Its clear our owners dgaf about fans so * supporting the club...

The FFA went to Paramount for more money (apparently) for A League streaming rights and its all backfired in ways you couldn't possible imagine in the worst way possible (granted no one could have foreseen the global Covid Pandemic)

But thats the thing. They dont promote either!

I genuinely hear nothing about the aleague unless i seek it out whereas you cant avoid cricket. Even NBL has more presence so how do they expect to drive subscribers or even get watchers on FTA. No use advertising it on 10 when barely anyone watches FTA anymore...

Plus people are creatures of habit. Alot of us have just found new habits instead of aleague. I used to be a member for aufc for 6-7 years but just have other s**t to do now. Aleague does literally nothing to get people to care

Behind a paywall
Revolving door of players at all clubs. We lost 7 of our best 11 the year after we won it
Most owners are tightarses
No marquees really
AUFC never sell out yet on boiling hot days they dont let people sit in the shaded side unless they paid up for a ticket. Why not just make people happy, it goes a long way in retaining fans

Are there any positives to counter this? You get to watch young players come up and support your club all i can think of. Its clear our owners dgaf about fans so * supporting the club...

Nailed it. Someone send this to HQ. It makes me wonder what they do all day at work... just think up more ways to lose support?

Newcastle is one of the hardest teams to read, They can beat Adelaide away but loss to an out of form Sydney FC at home go figure..

Thats football I guess.

It's just the A-League I reckon. The salary cap and local quotas make it a very even playing field and you really have to have an outstanding system to be consistently dominant, even from month to month, let alone season to season.

I've supported Melbourne City since the early Heart days and what the experience of supporting a club that (initially) considered making the top six to be a great achievement; and (until quite recently) seemed to be maxing out with a top four finish and a preliminary final loss was that a) there was rarely a time heading into a weekend, even when we were propping up the table (and especially at home) where I thought 'we have absolutely no chance of winning this'; and b) watching perennially disappointing and underachieving players for us become class A-League players (and in a few cases, Socceroos) in juggernauts like the Sydney squad from a few years back is that it's a very fine line between success and failure in the A-League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back