Opinion Adam Goodes discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If people thinking that the booing is because they are racist, they have rocks in their head

His not a lied person by supporters, so he needs to get over that and try turn it around. Blaming everybody else is not going to fix it. However the booing can stop.

Mitchell Johnson gets so much s**t from the poms fans at every game, do you see him blaming everybody else? He could easily turn around and say its racism. He knows he brought it upon himself, and learns to deal with it.

Racist hunt

sherlock_holmes_in_public-domain.jpg
You don't really need to look too hard.

Exactly mate I agree with you 100% on this one... I personally think some around here have no idea sadly

I suppose the Collingwood supporters booing Lamumba today are all racist as well.. Its just nonsense ,and offensive to suggest this atually. Its like every white that has ever booed the likes of Goodes must a racist - This line of reasoning is very offensive, and like you , i wish the AFL would butt out of political issues - They are here to run a footy game, not conduct Q and A

Ugh another one with no capacity to think past absolutes...

A big problem I'm finding is that the "pro-Goodes" camp think it's okay to label people/everybody racists, many of which they don't even know.

Adam Goodes nor people on his side don't and will never have the right to assume something as strong as this.

If you are so against labelling people then perhaps you should stop doing it yourself.

It's not about labelling people. It's about the behaviour. There's a difference.

One of the biggest problems with this whole thing is that so many people actually don't know when they're being racist.
True, all part of the education process. Nobody is perfect.

It's not about labelling people. It's about the behaviour. There's a difference.
Well you are labelling people by assuming people are being racist when a large majority probably aren't.

People take offence to accusations like that, as they did when Goodes took aim at Australia when he was named Australian of the Year.

People have a right to stand up for there race or religion. But judging people without offering ideas, solutions or and an in depth knowledge on what your actually standing for doesn't exactly hold you in good stead.

FWIW I don't boo Adam Goodes nor do I flat out despise him and yes there's no doubt it's gone too far, but nobody has the right to label the majority as racists when there's every chance that it's the contrary. This is why this has spiralled out of control. The public don't like him and are letting him know. No evidence that it's racism.

Well you are labelling people by assuming people are being racist when a large majority probably aren't.

People take offence to accusations like that, as they did when Goodes took aim at Australia when he was named Australian of the Year.

People have a right to stand up for there race or religion. But judging people without offering ideas, solutions or and an in depth knowledge on what your actually standing for doesn't exactly hold you in good stead.

FWIW I don't boo Adam Goodes nor do I flat out despise him and yes there's no doubt it's gone too far, but nobody has the right to label the majority as racists when there's every chance that it's the contrary. This is why this has spiralled out of control. The public don't like him and are letting him know. No evidence that it's racism.

Do you need people to specifically yell out something like "Boo to Goodes cos ya black!" to be convinced?

If you look at the timeline of events and match it to the level of booing you'd have to be fairly naive to think there's no part of it that's racially motivated.

If you look at my other posts in the thread I have already said that not everyone is booing him is doing so from racial POV but it's certainly a sizeable chunk.

Also gets back to the thing that a lot of people don't actually realise they are exhibiting racist behaviour.

Do you need people to specifically yell out something like "Boo to Goodes cos ya black!" to be convinced?

If you look at the timeline of events and match it to the level of booing you'd have to be fairly naive to think there's no part of it that's racially motivated.

If you look at my other posts in the thread I have already said that not everyone is booing him is doing so from racial POV but it's certainly a sizeable chunk.

Also gets back to the thing that a lot of people don't actually realise they are exhibiting racist behaviour.
Again, your labelling people.

I don't like Adam Goodes because he's a highly selfish and incredibly destructive person who's always put himself first and is quick to get defensive and nasty when it suits him. A lot of people think this way and they aren't racist.

He's getting booed because people don't like him. He's rubbed people the wrong way with very questionable antics over the past 2-3 years.

It's not racism to hate someone. People don't like him because he took aim at the country and singled out a little girl. Hating him for that isn't racism.

Yes it's gone too far but Adam Goodes needn't look further than the mirror if he's looking for someone to blame for this escalating out of control.

I repeat: nobody has the right to assume someone's a racist based off this. Bullying? Perhaps. Childish? Maybe. Gone too far? Probably.

Generalising this behaviour as racism is bloody weak if you ask me. If it's a focus on Goodes's mental health then yes we should do something, but we can't just call it racism for the sake of it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to post this in here originally. Maybe it is a good place for it.

Just heard a good quote on 774 - "hanging onto anger and resentment is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies".*

* N Riewoldt excepted

Stephen Milne is an alleged rapist and he didn't cop half as much grief from the crowd as Goodes is now.

For those who justify booing him because he's a "bad bloke" - Maybe crowds should stick to watching the game and not try and be arbiters of moral judgement. Especially when no one can have all the facts.

Last edited:
Again, your labelling people.

I don't like Adam Goodes because he's a highly selfish and incredibly destructive person who's always put himself first and is quick to get defensive and nasty when it suits him. A lot of people think this way and they aren't racist.

WTF? He's the opposite of all those things.

He's only been defensive when he was racially abused.

Actually ignore I ever read this thread.

One of the biggest problems with this whole thing is that so many people actually don't know when they're being racist.
Maybe the bigger problem is that calling someone a racist is increasingly used as a weapon to bully others into submission
The truth is us in Melbourne and Sydney if little to nothing to do with indegenous people and yet it is precisely in Melbourne and Sydney where these accusation s fly

Anyone who has travelled throughout this country knows that nt, wa, and parts of qld really do have an issue with racism

When this is ignored, people in Melbourne and Sydney are naturally offended

But the gutless media is too afraid to make those distinctions so it throws us all in the same pot

The inner city sensibilities which prevail amongst the Melbourne /Sydney pseudo intellectual perpetuates this nonsensical agenda - without fear of error - they are a moronic class of self important dicks who with the best of intentions destroy everything good strong and healthy

A class of person beneath contempt
They thrive as minor celebs, academics, looney politicians and whole horde of weak followers
They defend every lost cause by categorically institutionalizing victim hood

they are of course convinced that they and their kind already have two feet in heaven and that the rest of us are stupid

Maybe the bigger problem is that calling someone a racist is increasingly used as a weapon to bully others into submission
The truth is us in Melbourne and Sydney if little to nothing to do with indegenous people and yet it is precisely in Melbourne and Sydney where these accusation s fly

Anyone who has travelled throughout this country knows that nt, wa, and parts of qld really do have an issue with racism

But the gutless media is too afraid to make those distinctions so it throws us all in the same pot

The inner city sensibilities which prevail amongst the Melbourne /Sydney pseudo intellectual perpetuates this nonsensical agenda - without fear of error - they are a moronic class of self important dicks who with the best of intentions destroy everything good strong and healthy

They thrive as minor celebs, academics, looney politicians and whole horde of weak followers

they are of course convinced that they and their kind already have two feet in heaven and that the rest of us are stupid

My god I applaud you Yebiga

Never thought that would happen ;)

Ah, the irony of complaining about "throwing everyone in the same pot" by.... throwing everyone living inner-city into the same pot.

God I love BigFooty sometimes :D

Ah, the irony of complaining about "throwing everyone in the same pot" by.... throwing everyone living inner-city into the same pot.

God I love BigFooty sometimes :D
the irony of an attempted clever retort based on a misreading of the content one is responding too -Mumm
It was a very discrete type of inner city dweller
Everyone? you wish I wrote that
Now, your going to have to step outside your comfort zone to understand and respond further.

Ah it's so obvious now... the one's calling out the booing are the bullies. Got it!!

CMon mate you're usually better than this!!!

It's not racism to hate someone. People don't like him because he took aim at the country and singled out a little girl. Hating him for that isn't racism.
Your whole post was pretty gross but I'll just focus on the quote above... That right there clearly shows you have absolutely no idea what racism is.

Hating someone for calling out racism, not racist? Holy moly my man. I just have to shake my head

Remove this Banner Ad

Back