Adam Goodes incident in Sydney v Richmond match

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to screenshot a part where he's actually touching his groin then rather than his thigh.
This better?

CIbdWKHUcAA-SBB.png

Not really, considering that's the original image which was been disregarded by almost everyone who's actually seen the video of the incident.
So at no point, any contact was made with Taylor's lower region and it was a regular action in which no questions are to be raised?

Yaaaaaahhhhhhhhpppppp

So at no point, any contact was made with Taylor's lower region and it was a regular action in which no questions are to be raised?

Yaaaaaahhhhhhhhpppppp
Can you direct me to where I said either of those things? Hunt got pushed into Goodes, Goodes stuck an arm out as someone was falling into him while he was getting up. It's not a regular action, but then, how many times in a game is someone pushed backwards onto someone in the motion of standing up in a game? Any claim that he punched, struck, or gripped Hunt's groin intentionally or otherwise needs to be proven by the people making the claim. If your only basis for that is grainy freeze frames, I'd suggest you can't.

Nut grab? No, it was a nut shot. As in, a brief swinging arm up the legs.

The screen grab is from the footage, which you're agreeing with.

Adam, is that you?

No, my name isn't Adam. I'm just a Victorian based Swans supporter who sits in the crowd and can hear the comments associated with the "boos" and is under no illusions about what the booing is about.

No, my name isn't Adam. I'm just a Victorian based Swans supporter who sits in the crowd and can hear the comments associated with the "boos" and is under no illusions about what the booing is about.
Finally! Someone understands that the booing is generated and fuelled from acts such as this!!!!

No. Representing things like this as other than they are is used to justify a booing that in its heart is racist.
This is what's wrong with our country. I've got indigenous mates who don't like him and boo him too and for the record this isn't about booing Adam Goodes, there are many threads on that which have been ruined. Don't make this another one.

Mods we are beginning to see what de-rails every circular Goodes thread.

It is the ones who start throwing the accusations of racism around that kick it off(on a minority of occasions group C kick it off then have Group B start attacking Group A along with Group C) then it descends into groups of people who fit the following descriptions..
Group A: Those who are not racist but have reservations about Goodes for other reasons and get defensive when having such a serious label thrown at them.

Group B: Those who throw around the racist and racism label recklessly and without justification to members of group A which inflames them.

Group C: A small minority who do spout racist crap and have their posts deleted or called out accordingly and infractions/bans handed out.

Group D: Those who think the negative thoughts about Goodes are overreactions but do not view those that dislike him as racist by default. Group D do not comment often in these threads.

Group C are dealt with accordingly in these discussions. Group B however are not held accountable when they inflame the discussion and throw serious slurs at others.

Most of the comments end up being a shitfight between group A and group B which is started by group B while some of group C show up providing justification in the minds of group B.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what's wrong with our country. I've got indigenous mates who don't like him and boo him too and for the record this isn't about booing Adam Goodes, there are many threads on that which have been ruined. Don't make this another one.

It's the same thing........

"I hate him because he grabs nuts......" But he didn't.
"I hate him because he pointed out a 13yo girl" He couldn't have known her age.
"I hate him because he dives" He's played 350+ games and staged for a period of about 5 rounds last year.
"I hate him because he slides in knees first". He did it twice, got reported, served time, and it was a new rule.

How about be honest. We know why you hate him. We hear the comments that accompany the booing at games particularly involving North and Hawthorn. You hate him not because he's Aboriginal. Aboriginals are great. They're fast, exciting, pretty to watch play etc etc and they don't go around carrying on about the past. Ah....there it is......he's an activist Aboriginal. We don't like those uppity ones.

"I hate him because he dives" He's played 350+ games and staged for a period of about 5 rounds last year.
"I hate him because he slides in knees first". He did it twice, got reported, served time, and it was a new rule.

How about be honest. We know why you hate him. We hear the comments that accompany the booing at games particularly involving North and Hawthorn. You hate him not because he's Aboriginal. Aboriginals are great. They're fast, exciting, pretty to watch play etc etc and they don't go around carrying on about the past. Ah....there it is......he's an activist Aboriginal. We don't like those uppity ones.
Another one for group B

Another one for group B

Come sit at a game and listen to it. Jump on social media today......Twitter, Facebook etc and see the picture on this thread and have a look at the thousands of posts that follow it. Just because people on here are required to moderate their language or get banned (quite rightly) does not alter the irrefutable fact that the hatred of Adam Goodes is to a large degree race based. I bet any moderator on here if they spoke honestly would say that they are forced to delete hundreds of racist posts.

The point is that what is expressed towards Goodes is hate. It is irrational. And whilst some are able to dress it up to look like something else the reasons simply don't stack up. "I'm not allowed to be racist so I'm going to insist that Goodes is a nut grabber and hate him for that."

Come sit at a game and listen to it. Jump on social media today......Twitter, Facebook etc and see the picture on this thread and have a look at the thousands of posts that follow it. Just because people on here are required to moderate their language or get banned (quite rightly) does not alter the irrefutable fact that the hatred of Adam Goodes is to a large degree race based. I bet any moderator on here if they spoke honestly would say that they are forced to delete hundreds of racist posts.

The point is that what is expressed towards Goodes is hate. It is irrational. And whilst some are able to dress it up to look like something else the reasons simply don't stack up. "I'm not allowed to be racist so I'm going to insist that Goodes is a nut grabber and hate him for that."
The line for Group B is over there -->

Another one for group B
You can throw around serious accusations like that with free abandon on this site. If you cannot properly justify your accusation you should be carded. It would allow the discussion on Goodes to flow much more smoothly. I will be quoting my post for future Goodes related threads.

No. Representing things like this as other than they are is used to justify a booing that in its heart is racist.

Thanks, but I've justified my charge of racism. You might want to find Group C if that makes you feel so uncomfortable.

Not one post addressing the topic of the thread, just wild accusations and finger pointing at people you perceive as being racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back