List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Danger say a few months ago that he said he would sign a contract as soon as possible?

Oh so he might re-sign when the season ends

At the end of the season he will be 2 years through his 3 year contract. If he hasn't signed then its reasonable to assume he wants to go to free agency.

Which if were totally honest with ourselves he probably should

No one has said he should sign now, but at the end of the season just before he enters his free agency year...

No one can say the free agency year is not a distraction, it is.

We put our best offer down and see if he bites. If he doesn't then we need to face a hard dose of reality

Yes but you're not.

Virtually every uncontracted player gets their wish.

Unless you've been living under a rock you should that know too.

Tippett was let through to Sydney because his attitude as a club man sucks balls. he is untrustworthy. Most players who walk to the draft are genuine w***ers that clubs other than the ones they have chosen ignore because they are walking distractions. But you can not tell me that if he chooses Geelong, walks to the draft but Geelong have pick 10 in the PSD that Melbourne, St Kilda, Richmond or anyone else who have a pick before Geelong basically tell Dangerfield we will draft you if your available. In fact if Adelaide has a pick then I am sure they will re draft him. Basically this will never happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You won't get Danger ;)
;)

1601421_10204029517837867_3389412066190581410_n.jpg

I'd be shocked if he left us...but if you don't think that vice teams like Geelong aren't contacting his agent right now I think you're naive....multiple teams would be putting the feelers out regularly

I'd be shocked if he left us...but if you don't think that vice teams like Geelong aren't contacting his agent right now I think you're naive....multiple teams would be putting the feelers out regularly
Oh god no. Do you think Geelong would be willing to pay 1 million+ on Danger?
I don't want to get ahead of myself in saying that I think he'll come to us - but I will say this:

We'll be in a very good position to make him an offer. Paul Chapman, Joel Corey, Mathew Scarlett, Brad Ottens, Gary Ablett, etc. etc. etc. would have been a fair chunk of our salary cap. By the time Danger is out of contract, you can add Steve Johnson, James Kelly, Jimmy Bartel, Tom Lonergan and Corey Enright to that list.

I think for a player of his calibre, Geelong would be willing to pay him whatever it was he was asking for.

Having said that, this is all just speculation. Would love to have him, but who knows what he's thinking? Absolute gun. Fingers crossed.

I don't want to get ahead of myself in saying that I think he'll come to us - but I will say this:

We'll be in a very good position to make him an offer. Paul Chapman, Joel Corey, Mathew Scarlett, Brad Ottens, Gary Ablett, etc. etc. etc. would have been a fair chunk of our salary cap. By the time Danger is out of contract, you can add Steve Johnson, James Kelly, Jimmy Bartel, Tom Lonergan and Corey Enright to that list.

I think for a player of his calibre, Geelong would be willing to pay him whatever it was he was asking for.

Having said that, this is all just speculation. Would love to have him, but who knows what he's thinking? Absolute gun. Fingers crossed.
How does it feel knowing you've be trolled by Caroline Wilson?

Just wait and see Danger sign a contract extension at the end of the year :D

Caro Wilson has lured the Cat-faithful into a frenzy - it's like the Boak tragedy all over again.
I'm sure you'd be shocked to hear that the Adelaide board is far closer to a frenzy than the Geelong board. I'm merely entertaining the idea, I've got absolutely no idea what he has in mind, or what is most likely to happen - just that our club would most likely have the cap space to offer him what he'd be asking for.

I'm sure you'd be shocked to hear that the Adelaide board is far closer to a frenzy than the Geelong board. I'm merely entertaining the idea, I've got absolutely no idea what he has in mind, or what is most likely to happen - just that our club would most likely have the cap space to offer him what he'd be asking for.
Depends if you actually want to go down that road. Swans are paying Buddy silly money and although he's been good in patches, it's fair to say that trading in a player and then paying him several hundred thousand more than your highest paid player is not the best way to boost club morale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back