List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep up. No one has said he has to sign now.

Its only you who goes on about this 40% crap
There have been plenty wanting him to re-sign now but no point letting you know the obvious as your only agenda is to get personal rather than add any real value to the discussion.

There have been plenty wanting him to re-sign now but no point letting you know the obvious as your only agenda is to get personal rather than add any real value to the discussion.

The only thing obvious is your inability to keep up.

This thread is full of statements about the end of the year followed by your incomprehensible blathering about 40%

Between your dummy spitting and deflective use of agenda Its almost enough to wonder if you aspire to being vader or something.

A legitimate question about the end of the year is not answered by some dumb quip about 40% of his contract length, so how about stopping with that agenda? ;)

From some of those 'the Grill' videos from AFL website, players have to nominate who they thought were the dumbest players at the club. Tippo got most the nominations from the Sydney guys on it and was described as "having no idea." Safe to assume he just isn't that bright.
99% of his problem is his dad. Hence the legal s**t which we'll never know about.

The only thing obvious is your inability to keep up.

This thread is full of statements about the end of the year followed by your incomprehensible blathering about 40%

Between your dummy spitting and deflective use of agenda Its almost enough to wonder if you aspire to being vader or something.

A legitimate question about the end of the year is not answered by some dumb quip about 40% of his contract length, so how about stopping with that agenda? ;)

This makes no sense. There is absolutely nil sense to be found in this post. What the hell are you talking about??

This makes no sense. There is absolutely nil sense to be found in this post. What the hell are you talking about??
Actually it does if you read the posts associated with it.
Paraphrasing - people suggesting we get danger to sign at the end of the year /give him an ultimatum, Kane suggesting why would danger sign 40% of the way through his current contract.

Actually it does if you read the posts associated with it.
Paraphrasing - people suggesting we get danger to sign at the end of the year /give him an ultimatum, Kane suggesting why would danger sign 40% of the way through his current contract.

Exactly.

The 40% is just some dumb deflection based on the idea that Danger is only 40% of the way through his contract as of right now so why would he sign now.

This becomes even more daft when you think no one is saying he should have signed in March or April of 2014 I.e. 40% (and frankly even that calculation is wrong)

By the end of this year he will be 70% of his way through his contract and if we put our very best offer to him and he doesn't sign then we've got some hard decisions to face.

40% is just some garbage Kane made up to save face

40% is calculated based on how far danger is through his current contract. No secret there.

Players rarely renew a contract 40% the way through a contract. Fact. Not something I made up!

Danger has said he will think about a new contract in about a year's time.

Nothing unusual here yet caro causes a frenzy.

Kfc is not healthy for the mind or body.

40% is calculated based on how far danger is through his current contract. No secret there.

Players rarely renew a contract 40% the way through a contract. Fact. Not something I made up!

Why is there an argument about 40% through a contract? pointless

Sorry Kane but I just don't get why you keep banging on about 40%.
If you want ppl to just not talk about it. ... I'm flummoxed. Youve been a mod, you know ppl want to talk about s**t. You know they won't stop.

So why the red herring.
No one is saying your points aren't facts.
They are saying the are irrelevant facts wrt their arguments.

What are you trying to achieve?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other thing is I won't blame him if he takes some super buddy like godfather offer elsewhere.

I expect he will get that sort of offer, he should be the most sort after FA thus far. Buddy without the character issues.

We just need to not bury our heads in the sand along the way.

If he wants to stay we need to make it possible, but equally he's given us good service if he wants to explore the market its his right.

Its ours too

The other thing is I won't blame him if he takes some super buddy like godfather offer elsewhere.

I expect he will get that sort of offer, he should be the most sort after FA thus far. Buddy without the character issues.

If he wants to stay we need to make it possible, but equally he's given us good service if he wants to explore the market its his right.

Its ours too
Really don't think Danger will leave unless we have 0 future prospects

Its ours too

Absolutely. I've heard him talk before about bringing FA forward and he said he thought it was about right as it is now -ie- that a player owes a club the present term to get reward on the hundreds of grand the club invests in the player's development but by FA time neither party owes the other anything any more.

We just have to safeguard our interests in a professional proactive way and not rely on romantic notions about things turning out alright in the end

Really don't think Danger will leave unless we have 0 future prospects
From a Cats perspective, there's no way in hell they'll throw silly money at him, so if it's Geelong he's thinking about the only possible motivation would be if he gives up on the Crows (which I doubt). Geelong has always had an equity arrangement where players are paid in salary 'bands' and no-one gets significantly more than anyone else in their 'band' if that makes sense - they will not jeopardise the unity that creates by throwing cash at anyone, even Dangerfield.

End of next year, he will be 25.

I hope we offer Dangerfield a 5 year deal worth $6,000,000.

$1,200,000 per year.

Year 1: $900,000
Year 2: 1,000,000
Year 3: 1,300,000
Year 4: 1,300,000
Year 5: 1,500,000

Break down of money per year.

Last edited:
From a Cats perspective, there's no way in hell they'll throw silly money at him, so if it's Geelong he's thinking about the only possible motivation would be if he gives up on the Crows (which I doubt). Geelong has always had an equity arrangement where players are paid in salary 'bands' and no-one gets significantly more than anyone else in their 'band' if that makes sense - they will not jeopardise the unity that creates by throwing cash at anyone, even Dangerfield.
Yes, he won't leave unless we don't have any future prospects which I am sure we do with our RS nominations.

Yes, Sando has talked about wanting to create the same sort of thing at the Crows. Would rather have 7-8 guys at the top of the list making about the same (but slightly less then they might get elsewhere) then maybe start a Sydney situation, where you have 1 or 2 guys on $1 million +, then a couple on slightly less and then a ton of players on an average salary.

Of course to achieve that you need to have some loyal players in a positive (and winning) environment to make players want to take slightly less they could get on the open market to stay. I think the group of Danger, Sloane, Tex, Talia, Crouch etc could all be those types.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back