AFL 2015, Round 5 - Sydney v W. Bulldogs, SCG, 2.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

With about 30 seconds left Pyke took a mark from a ball that was touched off the boot, he and everyone at the ground thought it was marked but it was called play on- it was the right decision, but I can see why someone caught up in the excitement of the game who didn't know it was touched would be booing. Why try to read anything into it other than that?

Perhaps realise there was a legitimate reason for the mark being disallowed?

It follows on from personal experience at the SCG, I've witnessed sickening booing of opposition players as they have been stretchered off.

Just a shame they couldn't have played SOTW at a decent volume to drown it out.

Well done doggies - super win. I thought we would break away once the rain started, but you had all the answers.

The boos were for the umps who didn't pay what looked like a pretty clear mark to Pyke at the end (we didn't get a replay at the ground).

Sydney really have some problems bringing the ball out of defense. Not enough competent ball users.

**** YOU HONEYCHURCH!, this k.hunt gave me a ******* heartattack with his kick.

1st heart attack: thinking he will actually try to kick for goal and win us the game.!
2nd heart attack: sydney starts rebounding off the hospital pass to dahl.

HAVE A ******* PING u K.HUNT
Nah, * you 100action. :p

**** YOU HONEYCHURCH!, this k.hunt gave me a ******* heartattack with his kick.

1st heart attack: thinking he will actually try to kick for goal and win us the game.!
2nd heart attack: sydney starts rebounding off the hospital pass to dahl.

HAVE A ******* PING u K.HUNT
And for stealing stringers barrel from 60!

Minson, Libba and Wallis to slot back into the team. Thats our starting midfield right there. Moz to slot into defence as our best defender (well maybe Talias overtaking him). Pretty bloody handy inclusions.

Perhaps realise there was a legitimate reason for the mark being disallowed?
Ahhh, of course- a more knowledgeable sporting crowd would see a decision that goes against them, that they can't hear the actual reason for and would simply say "well I just always assume the umpire knows what they're doing!

I think most crowds would have been booing under those circumstances.

It follows on from personal experience at the SCG, I've witnessed sickening booing of opposition players as they have been stretchered off.

Just a shame they couldn't have played SOTW at a decent volume to drown it out.
I have no idea how many games I have been to at the SCG and I have never heard someone booed when stretchered off. Unfortunate if you heard it, there's idiots in ever crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With about 30 seconds left Pyke took a mark from a ball that was touched off the boot, he and everyone at the ground thought it was marked but it was called play on- it was the right decision, but I can see why someone caught up in the excitement of the game who didn't know it was touched would be booing. Why try to read anything into it other than that?

Except the booing started before that. I only tuned in for the last 1/4 but I wondered what/who the booing was for - thought something must have happened. Seems that what happened was the Dog's were winning

Ahhh, of course- a more knowledgeable sporting crowd would see a decision that goes against them, that they can't hear the actual reason for and would simply say "well I just always assume the umpire knows what they're doing!

I think most crowds would have been booing under those circumstances.

I have no idea how many games I have been to at the SCG and I have never heard someone booed when stretchered off. Unfortunate if you heard it, there's idiots in ever crowd.
Unfortunately I think booing is becoming more and more prevalent everywhere which is disappointing. Especially after the performance the Doggies just put out.

Great win by the Doggies, a lot to like about the way they are going about their football.

Fergal Sharkey - I mean Luke Beveridge - is doing a great job with them :)

I am genuinely, incredibly excited to be able to travel from Perth to Melbourne next week to watch this team live. We may fade out towards the end of the season due to a mostly young team running out of legs, but holy s**t there are undeniable signs we are building something special.

Holy crap what a game, honestly, well done bulldogs deserved that win for sure. Swans well they're just stupid, need to fix up quick for a shot at the top 4 imo. And lol @ the sydney haters and trolls, get stuffed it was a good game and dogs deserved the win.
Bravo mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back