Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - Freo v Tigers Sat June 10th 7:25pm AEST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Felt like the intensity of the game was super high… entertaining contest. I thought freo would run over the top in the last but pleased the Tiges were able to grind out the last 10 mins with some smart play
Yep... That where experienced players make the difference with skills and fitness

18-3 were the free kicks whilst Richmond were dominant. Free kicks evened up and Fremantle came back.

If that’s not another example of free kicks largely being irrelevant I don’t know what is.

Great win Tigers, gutsy and all around a great style of play to watch.

Mate umpiring was bad in general, fyfe basically had someone hanging onto him half the game, was a good game, richmond deserved to win, margin probably correct all things considered. take out aish getting knocked out and that ARC review we probably steal it
Walters first goal from bad umpiring, the tackle that lasted for an hour and then got called a dangerous tackle resulting in a goal was a Hugh momentum turning point when you were down by 36points... 18-7 free kicks too

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

No. What was abysmal was Richmond's skill level. But of course, instead of being humbled by that, the arrogance focuses on something else. Perfect example of the mindset of the club and it's supporters. 👍
You clearly have no idea. Go away.

Firstly well done to the Tiges, gave a us a whipping in the wet. Genuine question re: umpiring and chaos ball. There were several times I saw hack kicks used (predominantly Richmond, and indicitive of the playing style they've ushered in) where I think dangerous play should have been called given a player with hands nearly on the ball.

Not sure what others think, personally I think the guy with his head over the ball should be rewarded vs the swinging leg. Thoughts?

PS not saying we weren't favoured tonight, just a general question re: the way the game is trending.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If there was even a 40/60 chance of a free kick for kicking in danger.. You would have been paid for sure. Had ya dick sucked all night.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It seems contested footy and even tackling are under increasing threat of growing levels of new types of interpretation. Not to mention HTB and push in the back are already highly endangered species.

An impending tsunami of complaints incoming will make a league change their views on this. Mansell here needed to at least pretend he was going for the ball. Looks up at the player, throws a shoulder to bump the player off the ball. Leagues been pretty clear on this for the past few years. The result of sicilys tackle today was sickening to watch and I would hope everyone agrees we dont want players getting knocked out.

Freo sucked
Flat footed. Second to ball. Fumbles . Missed targets.

Absolutely deserved to lose and the umps kept them in it.
They would've been done without that Fyfe miracle goal and dodgy free kick goal in the third.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

..Having said that, this game was lost because of the coaching

Nah it wasn’t. It was because of skill errors.

We had Clarke missing a handball to Freddy at half forward, we had Young playing kick to kick with Vlaustin and Cox deciding to drop marks and turn over the footy all in the last quarter.

Maybe you could lay blame at team selection with Walters as a sub, and our outs not replaced like for like. But JLOs coaching wasn’t to blame

Nah it wasn’t. It was because of skill errors.

We had Clarke missing a handball to Freddy at half forward, we had Young playing kick to kick with Vlaustin and Cox deciding to drop marks and turn over the footy all in the last quarter.

Maybe you could lay blame at team selection with Walters as a sub, and our outs not replaced like for like. But JLOs coaching wasn’t to blame
Yep, Jacksons complete miss 10 out, and about 3 or 4 dropped easy marks in the 4th

An impending tsunami of complaints incoming will make a league change their views on this. Mansell here needed to at least pretend he was going for the ball. Looks up at the player, throws a shoulder to bump the player off the ball. Leagues been pretty clear on this for the past few years. The result of sicilys tackle today was sickening to watch and I would hope everyone agrees we dont want players getting knocked out.
No one wants to see serious injury. Haven't seen the Sicily incident yet and I'm not complaining about outlawing bad and reckless practice.

Regarding the Mansell contest it looked like a fair contest where both players were going into a unavoidable, heavy collision. I can't recall any time previously where an umpire stopped the game and awarded a free to a player in such a contest. That's where the game is under threat of change. What are players supposed to do when the game is on the line???

Add to that the Saints Butler tackle that was awarded a free against in the Swan's game on Thursday and you can see where the game is tending. It won't be the game we've all been following soon.

Agree, thought you guys were hard done by and should have got another 10 or so frees.
Read again, nothing against the result happy to admit we got kissed on the dick (now I know how the Eagles feel), but it was a genuine question - if a player hack kicks in a crowded and contested situation, should it be free given the potential danger to other players?

Firstly well done to the Tiges, gave a us a whipping in the wet. Genuine question re: umpiring and chaos ball. There were several times I saw hack kicks used (predominantly Richmond, and indicitive of the playing style they've ushered in) where I think dangerous play should have been called given a player with hands nearly on the ball.

Not sure what others think, personally I think the guy with his head over the ball should be rewarded vs the swinging leg. Thoughts?

PS not saying we weren't favoured tonight, just a general question re: the way the game is trending.

I thought there were a couple of moments where I was expecting kicking in danger calls against the Tigers that didn't eventuate.

No one wants to see serious injury. Haven't seen the Sicily incident yet and I'm not complaining about outlawing bad and reckless practice.

Regarding the Mansell contest it looked like a fair contest where both players were going into a unavoidable, heavy collision. I can't recall any time previously where an umpire stopped the game and awarded a free to a player in such a contest. That's where the game is under threat of change. What are players supposed to do when the game is on the line???

Add to that the Saints Butler tackle that was awarded a free against in the Swan's game on Thursday and you can see where the game is tending. It won't be the game we've all been following soon.

Butlers I agree shouldn't have been anything. bit of an overreach but think he gets off at tribunal during the week.
Mansell like i said had to go the ball. Hesitation in this sport normally leads to injury. Bend and turn into it as they are all taught to do.
I did notice today the crows had the tackle down to an art. every tackle was careful, it can be done.

You mean when the ARC used simple geometry and got the definitive 100% objectively correct outcome?
this is ridiculous, the uncertainty in position of the ball was wider than the post!!

pleasing to see the 'ARC' has never again overreached, they are red-hot now on selecting the goal umpires call if it is not clear. I reckon that 'fifth umpire' was benched for good after that game but everything about it was suppressed by the AFL.

Sadly it cost Richmond their season and invalidated last years finals series.

We all said 'what if such a utensil-up decides a final' for several seasons beforehand...well it did.

Back