Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 16 - Crows v North Sat July 1st 1:45pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • North by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

North have been brave their last 5 games, but they're due for a blowout - Crows by > 10 goals
We're working against the bye, Adelaide Oval and a long losing streak, so quite conceivable and maybe likely.

That said, while I wouldn't go so far as to predict a win, I could also see another competitive outing happening, despite our crappy backline.

We're working against the bye, Adelaide Oval and a long losing streak, so quite conceivable and maybe likely.

That said, while I wouldn't go so far as to predict a win, I could also see another competitive outing happening, despite our crappy backline.
remember last year - your prime movers in the middle got a heap of ball at Adelaide Oval so whilst I am expecting a comfortable win, its not out of the realms if your mids all play well and we are a bit ahead of ourselves after all he smoke e had blown up our backsides after last weeks narrow loss to Collingwood, an upset 'could' happen

Plan A to leave Sholl free and then put any sort of contact on him to win a HTB free kick is now out the window. Wonder what Plan B is?

With LDU back this will be close to the best side we've put out all year. Don't think it will be enough to save us though. Crows should win comfortably, if not easily.

AO is our grave yard, never won there, don't see it changing tomorrow. I just hope we don't undo all our good progress in recent weeks.

we still have the best youth though, so that MB thread can finally be closed.

Melbourne had amazing youth back in the Watts Trengove Scully era too but they had no senior leadership and it wrecked all those players' careers......
As Missy Higgins wrote......."doesn't that sound familiar"........

Melbourne had amazing youth back in the Watts Trengove Scully era too but they had no senior leadership and it wrecked all those players' careers......
As Missy Higgins wrote......."doesn't that sound familiar"........
You're forgetting that Melbourne also had s**t coaches back then. We have the coach of the century.

You're forgetting that Melbourne also had s**t coaches back then. We have the coach of the century.

Well aware you've got a good coach but he doesn't look to be the same bloke he used to be. And that's only part of the big picture anyway. The decision to jettison a stack of your older players is a large part of the reason why your club is still treading water in the bottom 4. It's really bad for young player development. Who are they learning from.....it's got Melbourne and Carlton written all over it.
While some rubbish that Tex, Sloane, Smith etc are still often in our best players, all I see is the huge benefits from their dominant presence rubbing off on our kids.

Well aware you've got a good coach but he doesn't look to be the same bloke he used to be. And that's only part of the big picture anyway. The decision to jettison a stack of your older players is a large part of the reason why your club is still treading water in the bottom 4. It's really bad for young player development. Who are they learning from.....it's got Melbourne and Carlton written all over it.
It's not a bad decision when the players we moved on were no good or past it. None of the players we cut ended up at other clubs, except Majak, Tom Campbell and Mason Wood I think. Majak and Campbell did nothing at their new clubs, and Wood getting the boot was the kick up the arse he needed to come good.

Crows by between 60-80. Far too good and damaging at home. Also arguably the best attack (or very close to it) in the comp vs arguably the worst defence in the comp (or every close to it). West Coast have injuries in defence and an inferior midfield to North, think their defence is better, man for man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney have laid down the benchmark for Adelaide to go for. We are more than capable of playing the West Coast role.
To be fair, Adelaide set the benchmark for Sydney by scoring 174 points in West Coast’s previous game. Sydney just vaulted over that in a big way lol

Anything less than a 10 goal win would be disappointing given where we are on the ladder and need for decent %. We haven't really blown teams away like Sydney did to west coast but a dominant home ground performance should see us win easily.

Some positive memories for North fans. Do y’all remember when North Melbourne scored 10.4 (64) to Adelaide’s 0.0 (0) in the first quarter of the 2017 game? That was one of the worst first-quarter beatings I recall. 28-4 inside 50s too.

Anything less than a 10 goal win would be disappointing given where we are on the ladder and need for decent %. We haven't really blown teams away like Sydney did to west coast but a dominant home ground performance should see us win easily.
Wait, Adelaide’s 174 to 52 win against West Coast in Round 13 isn’t blowing away a team? Maybe I’m just used to Richmond who hasn’t scored that high or won by that margin since like 1996

Wait, Adelaide’s 174 to 52 win against West Coast in Round 13 isn’t blowing away a team? Maybe I’m just used to Richmond who hasn’t scored that high or won by that margin since like 1996
Looking back we've had a couple of decent sized wins.

Pretty scrappy start today tbh.

Percentage might be irrelevant. Four of the teams with whom Adelaide are competing for a spot in the finals have tied a game.

Back