Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 4 - Cats v Hawks Mon April 10th 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree. No football nous. And kicks 50 up in the air and 40 to a contest.

True but he's still inexperienced despite being 24 years of age. Today was his 63rd game and I reckon only his 4th as a key defender.
They take time.
I doubt he becomes a star but if we get a Jordan Roughead type, I'm taking that everyday of the week considering where he's coming from.

Jack Henry and Sam De Koning are the two guys we build around in defense.

David King talking s**t about Jiath’s game and whether he’d be playing if there was selection integrity. Are you kidding me? He’s one of the only ones I saw giving effort for almost a full 4 quarters.

Does Kingy have a previous issue with Jiath or something?

Kingy is still salty his best ever game was him kicking 7 in a 125 point loss in a Qualifying Final and no one gave two fruits about it

Thoughts on your ruckman’s technique Hawks fans?

And no I don’t think he’s dirty or doing it deliberately etc

It was illegal and deserved a free kick - which is what was paid I believe.

Not sure how Scott and an entire room of journos managed to listen to him demand a free kick when a free kick was, in fact, paid wasn't it?

It was illegal and deserved a free kick - which is what was paid I believe.

Not sure how Scott and an entire room of journos managed to listen to him demand a free kick when a free kick was, in fact, paid wasn't it?

It happened twice and I don’t know if the second time was blown - but he talked about how it is supposed to be an immediate report (in other words he should have been reported the first time, may not have happened the second time) and also the first free kick to Blicavs was actually an advantage so a lot of people didn’t realise it was awarded

Huge learning for him. Sicily is a fair way of being a really good player. He can look for cheap footy and to intercept all he wants, but when you’re getting reamed you can’t do that.

Long long way to go….
I get they want him kicking because he is good by foot and good intercept marker, but he can't play both at once, pick one and stick with that.

Either he takes the opposition's teams least dangerous forward and plays off him of he takes their best forward and locks down on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks fans (not all) in the crowd booing their own 3 time premiership player just about sums them up as a fanbase.
Not exactly the classiest bunch.

Many would have been shell shocked after half time.
The brutal reality must have been jarring.
It remains to be seen how a young team withstands this type of relentless barrage week in week out …

Kingy is still salty his best ever game was him kicking 7 in a 125 point loss in a Qualifying Final and no one gave two fruits about it

I remember when the beady-eyed prick was giving lip to Ablett Snr back in 1996. Once the halftime siren sounded, Ablett got stuck into him and King didn't want to have a bar of it. As soon as Martyn and couple of others came to his defense, back to mouthing off as they walked off the ground.

Not a bad player though.

Many would have been shell shocked after half time.
The brutal reality must have been jarring.
It remains to be seen how a young team withstands this type of relentless barrage week in week out …
Reminiscent of the Hawks in 2009.
Funnily enough, the Saints were on fire that year as well.
The Hawks had won the flag the season before.

Lot of cheap, ugly stuff from the Hawks today, especially targeted at Cameron. I get trying to take our best player off his game, but then he withstands it and shreds you to pieces regardless. Maybe at this point in their development, Mitchell should focus on teaching fundamentals and staying in the game rather than obsessing over trying to take a player out of the game with cheap knocks and off the ball stuff. Deserved to get their pants pulled down for that effort. Play the ball, not the man. Don't try to take out superstars because your club has none.

It happened twice and I don’t know if the second time was blown - but he talked about how it is supposed to be an immediate report (in other words he should have been reported the first time, may not have happened the second time) and also the first free kick to Blicavs was actually an advantage so a lot of people didn’t realise it was awarded
Pretty sure both were paid, was advantage for one of them I think.

Geelong should get proper ruckmen instead of a midsize utility player's who can't ruck and just run across the center line to block the opposition ruckman. Proper ruck craft is to bring your knee up to protect yourself, if the Geelong
'ruckmen' are stupid enough to run into it and hurt themselves that is on them. Unsurprisingly, Scott get's in the presser and dictates how he would like the game to be officiated to suit his players.

Geelong should get proper ruckmen instead of a midsize utility player's who can't ruck and just run across the center line to block the opposition ruckman. Proper ruck craft is to bring your knee up to protect yourself, if the Geelong
'ruckmen' are stupid enough to run into it and hurt themselves that is on them. Unsurprisingly, Scott get's in the presser and dictates how he would like the game to be officiated to suit his players.

So Rhys Stanley, the ‘improper’ ruckman who was on the receiving end of 1 of the 3 incidents highlighted so far, was at fault, and so was Blicavs when Ned Reeves didn’t raise the knee but actually kicked at him?

😂😂😂

Thought it was likely a deliberate ploy to stop Cats rucks coming across the circle and take away Reeves and Meeks advantage and it worked.

Meek probably gets a week, but I feel the umpires should be more aware of why he was even raising his knee to begin with.

Why not?
Sam Mitchell saw the Harley Reid video on YouTube and dumped a bunch of senior players to make sure he got him.

Looks like tanking, and I've seen plenty of tanking before, my word.

Hawthorn are doing a tank, clear as day.
Hawthorn were 18th for centre clearances in 2022.
We dumped these two “match winners” and are now equal 4th(after being 1st last week), with plenty of upside to come.

Hawthorn are:
4th for marks
5th for kicks
8th for disposals
9th for hitouts

They’re not the rankings of a tanking side.

Meanwhile we don’t have much of a forward line due to injury, we’re 18th for inside 50’s, Goal accuracy, Goal efficiency and 15th for marks inside 50.

I know you write a lot of stuff for the lols, but if you genuinely think Hawthorn are tanking, you’re definitely having a laugh.

Back