Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 5 Gather Round - Pies v Saints Sun April 16th 4:50pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

jesus ******* christ get a new record.

Mods can we start penalising people for bringing up O'Dea/Greening?
Haha, that must have been a bit before my day old chap, but I apologise for whatever happened that day??

Time will tell, hopefully we get a better angle, but I think the fact that he clearly dropped his knees, his head was at chest height when contact came and he went on to play the game, I doubt he gets 3 weeks.

Happy to revisit it when it comes up and admit I'm wrong though
Puta man in a wheelchair and pretty much destroyed his life off the ball since you don’t know

So the "dog shot with nothing to do with play" you mentioned was Murphy who threw the first strike for no reason yeah? And unfortunately for him his glass jaw couldn't handle the retaliation...
He’s had multiple concussions and this isn’t a street fight, if it was imagine what McKay, Dixon, Naughton, Sean Darcy etc. would do to blokes if it were? Imagine Stringer who benches more than most AFL players squat and is a very talented boxer. He would knock out every bloke in your team, no problem. Again, this isn’t a street fight but if you feel like it should be then switch to Ice Hockey.

Murphy was being a dog, I’ve never suggested he wasn’t at any point.
I am just explaining my rationale behind what the decision from the MRO will be.

Point taken, but I am genuinely pretty impartial on here. The guys concussed right now due to a hit off the ball, this is exactly the time where I’d expect to see a hefty suspension.

Genuinely don’t think it’ll make a difference, I’m not confident at all that we’ll beat you.

Why not?
This is the best St Kilda can play.
Your mob didn't even bother to show up last week.

Only need to bring your A game and it's a win.
Saints injury ravaged and starting to feel the domino effects of that.

If Carlton are playing finals, no excuses next week. It's a must win.

I’m not sure why it’s so difficult for you to understand AFL guidelines, but I’ll repeat it. Any hit from a player that causes concussion is graded as severe impact. It’s not something that’s up for debate, despite you thinking it is.
Does the MRO have to take into account his history of concussions? Apparently as Ralph reported he is clearly very susceptible to repeat concussions.
And as we saw from Paddy McCartin it takes * all “Impact” to give player with a history a serious effect.
Because that was low impact and yet McCartin couldn’t even stand.
By all means grade the action but how can you justify impact. It’s a joke

Why not?
This is the best St Kilda can play.
Your mob didn't even bother to show up last week.

Only need to bring your A game and it's a win.
Saints injury ravaged and starting to feel the domino effects of that.

If Carlton are playing finals, no excuses next week. It's a must win.
I’m not sure we make finals, I agree next week is a must win but the Saints have not put a foot wrong really and we’ve maybe produced 4-6 good quarters of footy this year.

We are talent laden and I love my Blues but I’m trying to temper my expectations a touch

He’s had multiple concussions and this isn’t a street fight, if it was imagine what McKay, Dixon, Naughton, Sean Darcy etc. would do to blokes if it were? Imagine Stringer who benches more than most AFL players squat and is a very talented boxer. He would knock out every bloke in your team, no problem. Again, this isn’t a street fight but if you feel like it should be then switch to Ice Hockey.

Murphy was being a dog, I’ve never suggested he wasn’t at any point.
I am just explaining my rationale behind what the decision from the MRO will be.
Ok gotcha. Murphy was being a dog with nothing to do with play, and yes, Caminiti will pay the price for his retaliation.

All the hate from collingwood fans in here because they know how lucky they are. Stupid Kilda showed up tonight, their ball use was terrible and their decision making was appalling. If they kicked 1/4 of the goals they missed in the last quarter collingwood don’t win, if they kick 2, St Kilda win.

It’s unbelievable that collingwood could only get up due to Leigh Fisher’s extreme hatred of Ross Lyon being on show. They got looked after big time, the proof of this was the goal disallowed due to the ball hitting the flag…which hangs behind the line.

Ross needs to have some balls this week and drop Gresham for sure and possibly Hill and Wanganeen-Milera who were our 3 worst. You can’t start the game with Brad Hill at CHF that’s just idiocy.

Collingwood aren’t as good as their supporters would make out, they should’ve won by 6 goals at least but goalkicking was shocking and their so called stars like Ginnavin and the over rated Dacios due to the media hype can't kick the ball anywhere near a team mate half the time.

Couldn’t have gotten any luckier tonight!
Your first three goals were gift wrapped! Want some pepper Togo with your salt?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross Lyon was laughing in the last quarter, we weren't even trying that hard and we still nearly beat Collingwood with that last quarter comeback.

Tonight was a fact finding mission for us, we didn't care that much if we won or lost, but we found out that we can beat Collingwood when it counts.
I thought we collected 4 points today. Am I wrong?

King
Steele
Membrey
McKenzie
Webster
Billings
Jones
Hayes
Coffield
We beat your mob with most of those blokes playing round one last year. Tell me who will be dropped when all of these blokes are available? All of our outs are automatic best 22. Yours are not. Membrey was ready to play today but was not selected.

Point taken, but I am genuinely pretty impartial on here. The guys concussed right now due to a hit off the ball, this is exactly the time where I’d expect to see a hefty suspension.

Genuinely don’t think it’ll make a difference, I’m not confident at all that we’ll beat you.
Caminiti was retaliating to a hit when his back was turned and it was unfortunate Murphy dropped his knees at the same time. Vision on First Crack showed it clearly.

Having said that he’ll need to pay the price - just not the 5 weeks the Pies fans are baying for though.

In all honesty, the kid has had 5 pretty good games off barely any pre -season so the break wont hurt him. And hopefully if Membrey is back it won’t hurt us either.

Hope Murphy is ok. It appears he’s had quite a few concussions, and like Paddy, it takes less and less to actually get concussed in that instance.

Looking forward to our game. Should be a good one.

No need for the dick measuring on who has the biggest injury list. Both sides had significant players missing.

Pies the better side, no doubt.

Saints showing plenty of promise though with a very inexperienced side.
Only mention it when Saints fans go on about their injuries. They haven't held you back so far this year.

We beat your mob with most of those blokes playing round one last year. Tell me who will be dropped when all of these blokes are available? All of our outs are automatic best 22. Yours are not. Membrey was ready to play today but was not selected.

Cordy Byrnes Camnetti Patton to start. Also think a fair bits changed.

Does the MRO have to take into account his history of concussions? Apparently as Ralph reported he is clearly very susceptible to repeat concussions.
And as we saw from Paddy McCartin it takes * all “Impact” to give player with a history a serious effect.
Because that was low impact and yet McCartin couldn’t even stand.
By all means grade the action but how can you justify impact. It’s a joke
No, they do not. And the MRO will send this straight to the tribunal. Using McCartin as an example is pure desperation on your part.

I think the jury is still out on the Saints until they get a couple of quality scalps. Essendon is potentially the only big one there right now.

Today was a perfect opportunity to continue their unbeaten run, with a fragile Collingwood side that won’t get easier to beat next time having already missing key pillars (2 rucks, most experienced defender and then losing the new KPF) so will be interesting to see how the Saints go next week against a bigger and stronger bodied midfield in Carlton then a rampaging Power. If they can be 6-1 then I’ll sit up and take them seriously.

Pies on the other hand have gotten through the reigning premiers, a pretty decent looking Powers side and now landed the first defeat to the Saints. Pies will want to get to the bye still within reach of the top 4 so they get back the cavalry for a big second half of the season. With a fit and healthy Cameron and Cox, Howe down back and the silky skills of Lipinski, they’ll be even harder to beat than right now.

Plenty of injuries all round across plenty of sides, so chalking up these early 4 points will be giving the boys plenty of confidence.

Back