Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Port v Demons Sat March 30th 7:30pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge win for Melbourne on the road against a likely finalist without May.

But tonight also shows why Port will still fall short of the flag again. A gun midfield but not much else, and I feel they haven't addressed their defensive deficiencies well enough.
What do you mean. I was told Butterfingers Ratugolea and BZT are key pickups? Lol

This looks like a decent showing from Port Adelaide (it is decent from a quality perspective), but it’s actually not since these are the exact type of games that they lose in finals. Lucky that this is only Round 3, but the question marks remain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have to see when they blew the whistle before or after burton kicked it, but boak had been on the ground for ages at that point, before the ball worked up to the wing, why wait until 0.2 secs after burton kicks it and not in the passage of play we had possession?
It should have been stopped much earlier. But they are probably not looking at where the injured player is until the ball is going into that area

Was a ripping game until the umps swung momentum.
Thought it was umpired really well until the Gawn free at the end of the 3rd. Umpiring was actually horrid from that point. Very odd swing.

Edit: sorry, forgot about the 1st quarter. That was horrendous also. So 2nd and 3rd quarters were umpired well.

Last edited:
Can’t see that happening again.

I think they will either win first week this time or just not make the 4 at all. Although I can’t see many teams more worthy of a top 4 spot.
Long season. Looking good though. May will be back. Oliver will get fitter.

Collingwood will be back into the swing of it.

Long year. Need heaps to go right.

Port smashed Dee’s in clearances / possessions / inside 50’s

Dee’s had hitouts and umpires.

Ports fault for not being good enough to not let umpires influence the result.
You mean Port had Hinkley, the ultimate difference. Umpires threw Port a bone in that last quarter with that Rozee reversal goal.

Back