Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Blues v Giants Sat April 20th 4:35pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giants by a lot

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a squizz at this thread and I don't know what's worse/funnier:
A) Saying umpires favoured Carlton because of the free kick count
B) Saying the AFL statistician has some agenda to hide the number of free kicks Carlton are awarded
C) Minimising the 11 players Carlton had injured that play regular AFL football.

Gotta get a poll going!

Last edited:
Not a bad win from a ‘mid table’ side.

Indeed. Enjoy.

you too JustaBattler Arr0w et al.

A great thing about footy is that a good ordinary * team can have a shock upset win every now and then.. Truthfully I switched at half time to watch the Direby.

I completed the bones of our 22 year contracts with Harley and Jed Clampett Walter. Also doing some adjustments on Jordan Dawson’s old contract to expedite his return to the Bloods.

* apologies to the immortal Jack Dyer.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big weekend for Blues and Pies!
Very impressed with Carlton, a real inner belief, and irresistable attack on the ball and contest. Despite Giant's pressure being pretty high for much of the game.

Vossy in presser after the game was chuffed, why not, they look really grand. The mid sized and smaller players are the heart and soul, make no mistake.

Years ago when Giants were first labelled Orange Tsunami the weakness was apparently the imbalance between skill and grit. So Cameron made a shift that was partially successful, but ultimately lacked attacking edge. And now we sit in a similar dilemma, still unresolved, and the Orange Tsunami monniker is thrown around again, for me it does not hold happy implications, causes a bit of a shudder if anything. Still plenty of time though to get it right.

Big weekend for Blues and Pies!
Very impressed with Carlton, a real inner belief, and irresistable attack on the ball and contest. Despite Giant's pressure being pretty high for much of the game.

Vossy in presser after the game was chuffed, why not, they look really grand. The mid sized and smaller players are the heart and soul, make no mistake.

Years ago when Giants were first labelled Orange Tsunami the weakness was apparently the imbalance between skill and grit. So Cameron made a shift that was partially successful, but ultimately lacked attacking edge. And now we sit in a similar dilemma, still unresolved, and the Orange Tsunami monniker is thrown around again, for me it does not hold happy implications, causes a bit of a shudder if anything. Still plenty of time though to get it right.
Taylor missing was a big problem and it showed.
Giants will be top 4 I have no doubt

Taylor missing was a big problem and it showed.
Giants will be top 4 I have no doubt
Still can be, sure. Taylor does not play between the arcs unfortunately, where we got beat up.

great game, both teams banged up so the rematch later this year could look very different

taylor is as important to gws as weitering. cant be understated how much he is missed

blues missing a lot of run and ball use with saad mcgovern cerra williams all injured. cool to see us flick back to clearances with all those players out from our turnover gameplam

great game, both teams banged up so the rematch later this year could look very different

taylor is as important to gws as weitering. cant be understated how much he is missed

blues missing a lot of run and ball use with saad mcgovern cerra williams all injured. cool to see us flick back to clearances with all those players out from our turnover gameplam
Cripps was huge. If he doesn't pull 3 votes out of that game, then I must be on another planet

Really who goes out for those 8

If we were discussing players, their best footy along with where it fits in the team dynamic:

Durdin for Motlop
Fantasia for Fogarty
Kennedy for Martin (not as convincing, but can be argued)

Cowan for Saad
Young for McGovern
Carroll for Cerra
Kemp for Docherty (more versatile)

Pittonet would be occasionally rotated in and out of the side.

Back