Tasmania AFL failed Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Since when did the fans get considered by the AFL? Hawthorn have been here for 15 years. How long would we have to feign support for teams that wont commit to us?

How long would GWS have to pretend it has community support before they'd move?:eek:

Its a similar question question:rolleyes:
GWS haven't even got totally serious about western Sydney yet, when they do that they won't have to move.

They are crowds to rent-a-club games. Generally against opponents who have low interest levels in Tassie.

I'm hardly surprised that people don't flock to games which are frankly a second rate arrangement.

And it is not a "supposed" heartland by the way. No need to be like that when you are so touchy about barbs against GWS.
Agree whole heartedly.
But im now at the stage if they will give it then i will also send it back. Hense my comments

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

GWS haven't even got totally serious about western Sydney yet, when they do that they won't have to move.

As the A League Wanderers proved winners are grinners, win & they will come
&
GWS will win on field soon, off field it will build.

The case for Tassie, critical of AFL Tas, in todays Fairfax Press from ex pat Taswegian Martin Flanagan. No link, read it hard copy.

Last edited:

The problem with Tasmania is that it just has a too small a population and the population is not even expected to get that much bigger. Currently it is around 500,000 and it is only projected to reach 650,000 by 2050. It just isn't big enough to sustain an AFL team.

No, the projections get upto about 560K, and then they start to DECLINE (somewhere around 2040-2045, depending on which projection you use).

The longer there's no Tasmanian team, the more disenchanted I become with football.

The longer there's no Tasmanian team, the more disenchanted I become with football.
I don't find myself disenchanted with the game, but I must say I find the AFL competition harder to relate to these days. Too much money, too corporate and too impersonal.

For that reason, most of my time goes into the game at the local level. Grass roots senior clubs can never have too many volunteers.

I think I would find a Tassie side to be really rejuvenating though. Problems is, the AFL don't seem to want it and too many here seem happy to crap on the idea.

I don't find myself disenchanted with the game, but I must say I find the AFL competition harder to relate to these days. Too much money, too corporate and too impersonal.

For that reason, most of my time goes into the game at the local level. Grass roots senior clubs can never have too many volunteers.

I think I would find a Tassie side to be really rejuvenating though. Problems is, the AFL don't seem to want it and too many here seem happy to crap on the idea.

I too think it would breath of fresh air & give a sense of completeness for a so called 'national' competition.

I will soon retire & I will become a volunteer for my club. I certainly wont be contributing time or money to North Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back