AFL Game Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm well the aim was that we wanted it to be a fun game and I'd like to think we are delivering, especially the online multiplayer. I was playing 4 vs 4 via Playstation Network yesterday and the action off the ball to protect the ball carrier was awesome.

I can't do/say much more right now, frustrating for all of us - I'd love to show some of the player cameo's - every player of every team has been photographed and modelled.

There will be an honest report from someone at BigFooty who will play the game in the near future, at the moment that's the best I can offer.
Thanks for the feedback mate, I'm just getting frustrated about the game not having any info :(

Not like I didn't say it...

Really can't quite get what they're getting at overall. A lot of that interview is basically word-for-word of what we've seen before.

But I can't say this fills me with confidence "Yeah. I hate to say this to fans of each of the sports, but the difference between those codes is just the animation and the AI (artificial intelligence)."

There's so much more difference between NRL and AFL than AI and animations. It's like they're saying that any sport played in a stadium is the same with just a few changes here and there. I really hope they're going the right way with this. The speed, the tactics, the physicality, the fact that there's way more going on at any part of the ground at one stage than in NRL. All of that is more than just AI. I just really hope that both games can have a real individual feel to them and not just feel like the same game in a different skin.

Would like to think as well that now the NRL game is just about or is done that they'll migrate the 40 that have been working on that title over to the AFL game to fully polish it up.

From a CODING point of view. there is not much difference at all. they're both in a small area, they both involve a ball moving through the air, with players running around and tackling.

It'd be good if Big Ant do what Transmission/Trickstar did with Ashes/International Cricket and actually get feedback from the fans via forums. That way they can get help with bugs and what the fans really want.

Can't wait to hear something from Ant_!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have to clear it with their publisher first, I travel to Melb alot so I should be able to head down there when they give the green light.

Found this on the AFL Video Game FB

Okay fans! I just rung up Tru Blu Entertainment and spoke with one of there developers on the game, and he says they've recorded TV/Radio real life commontaters. They've almost finished developing the stadiums. The AFL tell them what they can and not put in the game. The players, guernseys and sponsors are up to date. ...Unlike AFL challenge :p and they've looked at old AFL games that IR Gurus did and took some good stuff from it. News on the game will be announced within 2 months (depending on development) cause Big Ant got a long way to go :(

Maybe we should be ringing up Tru Blu instead of Big Ant, also the NRL screenshots are crap, look at the pic on this page at the top.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/06/rugby-league-comes-to-ps3-xbox-360-this-september/

All the players are just standing there casually apart from the 2 in the action, and the guy running in the top left, shouldnt they be standing in a position to recieve a pass of trying to join the tackle or whatever?

You'd think they'd want it to come out before 2011, because otherwise they're going to release a video game without the Gold Coast, who will be very much playing next season. I'd say if they don't release it in 2010, theyn we'll be waiting until 2012 for GWS to come in. It's hard to imagine them releasing a game with 17 teams IMHO.

You'd think they'd want it to come out before 2011, because otherwise they're going to release a video game without the Gold Coast, who will be very much playing next season. I'd say if they don't release it in 2010, theyn we'll be waiting until 2012 for GWS to come in. It's hard to imagine them releasing a game with 17 teams IMHO.

Why not have the other teams as a DLC?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think then they would also have to update the season/career mode in some way to incorporate the two teams.

Could already have that code in the game, and the DLC just fills in the details of teams etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back