AFLW AFLW List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

At this point the crows could only trade future picks and who is going to give up much for their future first round pick when they consistently finish near or top of the ladder?

Someone asked about that today - Sarah Black is AFL media, so should know:

1702543897080.png

Each team must take two picks at the draft, so the first two rounds are pretty much locked in - it's just the later rounds that may alter if some teams only use their two compulsory picks.

Last edited:
Ah good so that means window is locked in.

very good news.

Will be interesting to see where we go with our second pick.

We took 3 of the best Sa girls already, and window coming with our first, boileu will go to the crows and grigg has nominated national and would have to suspect she might go before our pick.

So our second pick could be anyone.

I really like our midfield now, we’ve really stocked up on additions there.

Where are the list holes now?

Wow! What an off season!

Port will definitely take Window with our first pick. I was discussing the Rookie Me Central AFLW Power Rankings with a Port AFLW senior official and she was very interested to see the write up and ranking of Window. AFL.com.au have confirmed that she has nominated to stay in SA so that means we will get:

Young who was ranked #1 by RMC
Goody who was ranked #2 by RMC
Window who was ranked #3 by RMC
Brooksby who was ranked #7 by RMC and
Lamb- a former B&F and premiership winner at WB

That is a GWS like draft haul. We have smashed this off season out of the park.

Wow! What an off season!

Port will definitely take Window with our first pick. I was discussing the Rookie Me Central AFLW Power Rankings with a Port AFLW senior official and she was very interested to see the write up and ranking of Window. AFL.com.au have confirmed that she has nominated to stay in SA so that means we will get:

Young who was ranked #1 by RMC
Goody who was ranked #2 by RMC
Window who was ranked #3 by RMC
Brooksby who was ranked #7 by RMC and
Lamb- a former B&F and premiership winner at WB

That is a GWS like draft haul. We have smashed this off season out of the park.
besides getting Window in the draft I hope we also look at: -

Alissa Brook 176cm Tall Defender (from SA) who could go between 30 - 50.
Holly IFound 168cm Wing (from SA & is a Port supporter) who could go between 40 - 60.
Zara Welsh 173cm Tall Forward (From SA) who could go between 30 - 60.

others to look at: -
Emily Gough 179cm Util who could go between 25 - 50.
Chantal Mason 176cm Tall Forward who could late.

Someone asked about that today - Sarah Black is AFL media, so should know:

View attachment 1871775

Each team must take two picks at the draft, so the first two rounds are pretty much locked in - it's just the later rounds that may alter if some teams only use their two compulsory picks.
Time to start a 'welcome to PA Window' page! I'm, really excited about our new players. It will be interesting to see who we decide to go for after her. I'm no AFLW expert but love watching our home games!

I wonder have many we take in the draft? I think we have 5 spots available so possibly room for a Delisted player

I wonder have many we take in the draft? I think we have 5 spots available so possibly room for a Delisted player

I don’t see how we would have 5 spots available?

We’ve already added 3 players as preselections , 1 player in by trade and if we draft 2 that’s a total of 6 new additions.

I’m not sure how many outs we had this offseason?

Erin retired, Johnson and duursma were traded, motlap was delisted. That’s 4. I might be missing some outs tho?

From early November, defender Maggie MacLachlan and forwards Jade Halfpenny and Jade De Melo have not been offered contracts, along with Laquoiya Cockatoo-Motlap and Jacqui Yorston.

So both Cockatoo-Motlap sisters have been delisted. Along with Erin, Johnson and Duursma.

And we've brought 4 in.

Last edited:
We were given an extra two list spots for 2023 to aid in development, but will drop back to the regular 30 playing list this year. So even though we've lost 9 players (Duursma, Johnson through trade, Phillips through retirement, and McLachlan, Halfpenny, De Melo, Yorston and both Cockatoo-Motlap twins), we only have 7 spots available.

Young, Goody and Brooksby filled three of them. Lamb made four. Window and whoever we select at 24 will make six.

We will pick a player in the Supplemental Selection Period/Rookie Draft as the final list spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all, you are invited to the AFLW main board Draft Night thread

Port draft Piper Window

refreshing very good GIF by Black Hog Brewing

Western Bulldogs - Kristie-Lee Weston-Turner (Western Jets)

A double-hyphenated player? Challenge accepted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back