Alan Jones accused of multiple sexual assaults

Remove this Banner Ad

Christ, look at that decor, does he even know the year begins with a two and not a one now?
And not to mention the thick purple socks. You just know he grabbed those slip ons and polished them up just for the photo. He's a silk robe and Versace slippers kind of guy guy if ever there was one.

1702880958422.jpeg

Was it Keating who referred to Jones as a 'dandy'? I remember looking it up at the time. Fits perfectly.

A reminder Jones still insists the allegations are false.
GBk6ghSaYAAW4gP
There's nothing wrong with being gay. We get it, Alan Jones is gay
But in all his backing of conservative *******s did he ever throw his support behind the LGBT community?
I'm happy to be corrected.

It seems strange that this is all coming out now …
It’s like Alan Jones was put in a position of power because they knew they could control him… these allegations aren’t old.

I suppose with only 40k YouTube subscribers he isn’t worth protecting anymore.

It seems strange that this is all coming out now …
It’s like Alan Jones was put in a position of power because they knew they could control him… these allegations aren’t old.

I suppose with only 40k YouTube subscribers he isn’t worth protecting anymore.
One out - as a victim you’re cannon fodder, it’s you against Jones, a man with enormous influence…power and control but as one of many, the roles are reversed, Jones can threaten defamation and hopefully go to Court and self immolate like so many others in recent times

One out - as a victim you’re cannon fodder, it’s you against Jones, a man with enormous influence…power and control but as one of many, the roles are reversed, Jones can threaten defamation and hopefully go to Court and self immolate like so many others in recent times
And get his rent or rent boys paid by stokes?

Jones has threatened legal action previously when the book Jonestown came out but I am pretty sure he didn't follow through with it. I think the main contention then was the allegations of his termination from the school after one of his love letters was found and the late night visits of boys to his rooms.
Obviously the allegations aired by the SMH are at a different level but so is taking on a legal case against a major media group who would have gone through this with a legal team before releasing the article.
I am sure Jones is individually very wealthy but as Stokes has found out fighting long defamation cases can empty your bank accounts very quickly. Whether Jones will want to persue this will remain to be seen. Especially as he doesn't have the media exposure anymore.
Might go all conspiracy on us and blame 'dark forces' on trying to silence him I think.

Jones has threatened legal action previously when the book Jonestown came out but I am pretty sure he didn't follow through with it. I think the main contention then was the allegations of his termination from the school after one of his love letters was found and the late night visits of boys to his rooms.
Obviously the allegations aired by the SMH are at a different level but so is taking on a legal case against a major media group who would have gone through this with a legal team before releasing the article.
I am sure Jones is individually very wealthy but as Stokes has found out fighting long defamation cases can empty your bank accounts very quickly. Whether Jones will want to persue this will remain to be seen. Especially as he doesn't have the media exposure anymore.
Might go all conspiracy on us and blame 'dark forces' on trying to silence him I think.
He huffed and puffed about Jonestown but didn't take Masters or the publishers to court. He will do the same this time. He won't dare take the allegations to court, too many folks would testify against him, he'd be doing a BRS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The horrible man has decided to stay in London. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
So I guess that threat of defamation action against Nine network newspapers for running the latest paedo sexual assault allegations against him won't be happening?

Maybe he saw how just how badly the defamation actions of Bruce Lehrmann and Ben Roberts-Smith went for their respective reputations? Or maybe Kerry Stokes doesn't have any more money to stump up for another multi million dollar failed defamation action?

He's just shutting up shop and hoping it blows over. If he has any sense he will stay off the air permanently.
Whether his ego will allow him to stay in the background and shuffle off into retirement is another thing.
His audience was always mainly the elderly and since he was canned from radio he lost most of his influence. He got sacked from Sky News FFS surely he should have known his time was done.

In a major investigation, the Sydney Morning Herald has uncovered multiple allegations against Alan Jones during his controversial radio and sporting career.

Witnesses have alleged that Jones used his position of power to prey on a number of young men, indecently assaulting them, groping or inappropriately touching them without their consent.

Jones denies the allegations.

Alan Jones, the darling of the longstanding darling of ageing conservatives, was Australia's Jimmy Saville? Who would have thought.

Shocked.

Why is this in the Politics thread?
Jones is a right wing culture warrior, sexual predator and liar so it fits right in the "Liberal Party - how Long" wheel house

Is anyone surprised Jones is a craven coward, too scared to face the Australian courts?
On what basis?

He’ll never be charged for any historical crimes and he’s unlikely to pursue anyone for defamation or risk being added to the BRS, Lehrmann and Porter files.

He has lost his power and control I’d be surprised if he doesn’t do a George Pell and remain O/S until the inevitable slipping quietly in for quick visits under the cover of darkness, when the coast is clear

On what basis?

He’ll never be charged for any historical crimes and he’s unlikely to pursue anyone for defamation or risk being added to the BRS, Lehrmann and Porter files.

He has lost his power and control I’d be surprised if he doesn’t do a George Pell and remain O/S until the inevitable slipping quietly in for quick visits under the cover of darkness, when the coast is clear
At least Pell faced court when he could’ve stayed in hiding, so Jones is worse.

At least Pell faced court when he could’ve stayed in hiding, so Jones is worse.
I’m not following you - in this instance the best outcome has been achieved - there is no hope of ever getting a conviction with a he said she said set of allegations - Pell’s case was slightly different but having him charged was the best I thought that could be achieved. They got a bit further than that but ultimately he was not convicted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back