Bruce Lehrmann revealed as man charged with two counts of rape in Toowoomba

Remove this Banner Ad

The "Brown and Reynolds as victims here too" issue is well and truely down the pecking order of issues that need to be addressed in the aftermath of this situation.
I haven't really focussed on this deeply on any of my posts, but rather focussed on the weaponisation and politicisation of both the event and false allegations of a cover-up, all without a live police investigation and all without the media entities in question ever properly investigating the claims.

It's caused a world of problems that have been comprehensively detailed in Justice Lee's verdict, which I'm tipping that most haven't read yet.

Last edited:
Figjam, can you understand the angst of women in this discussion.
Of course!

As I've said though, there is more to this discussion than sexual assault. There are proven false allegations of a cover-up and the political weaponisation of a lazily complicit media to discuss in here. That I am very vocal on the latter, does not mean that I am any less empathetic on the rape component.

Can, I ask if you agree with Reynolds thought process of trying to freeze Higgins assets in France?
I disagree with her undertaking defamation proceedings in the first place, although I do empathise with her with regards to having false allegations flung at you for years on end.

Her lawyers attempting to freeze Higgins' assets seems like typical legal argy bargy, but it's not a good look. If Reynolds won the case, Higgins and Sharaz will no doubt want to come home, so I'd assume they'd pay. Any payout wouldn't be that much in my view, so yeah, I reckon they should have not done that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back