Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarkson II - signs 5 year contract w/ North Melbourne 19 August 2022 - news breaks p360

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

black and white vintage GIF by Okkult Motion Pictures
Shocking footage

I wasn't going to watch 360 tonight, but tbh I'm starting to find every minutia of this dramatic arc irresistible.

The exact exchange was:
GW: “this is where we get into theory rather than fact. Do you think by end of the week, Alastair Clarkson might be the Essendon coach?
MR: “yep."

Speaking of theories, I'm inclined to believe that if Mark Robinson has a scoop on this, 1) they wouldn't be couching it as a theory; and 2) he'd publish it as an exclusive in the Herald Sun first like he always does with a scoop of any serious magnitude.
Robbo as an Essendon fan is now hoping

Gerard not a fan of us so I’d ignore afl360

On the couch though are more unbiased but they fall for the big club syndrome

But what about this legal contract wit Hawthorn we keep hearing about? Maybe, that precludes Clakson signing anything yet?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I doubt this is even a thing. Sure he could be prevented from performing duties but it would be a real weird contract to prevent his making his next move for life past that contract end

I wasn't going to watch 360 tonight, but tbh I'm starting to find every minutia of this dramatic arc irresistible.

The exact exchange was:
GW: “this is where we get into theory rather than fact. Do you think by end of the week, Alastair Clarkson might be the Essendon coach?

Speaking of theories, I'm inclined to believe that if Mark Robinson has a scoop on this, 1) they wouldn't be couching it as a theory; and 2) he'd publish it as an exclusive in the Herald Sun first like he always does with a scoop of any serious magnitude.
LOL...in theory he might....geez.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

We survived the greatest ever player to pull on boots banging his best mates missus and ripping the club in two.

We survived being white anted on the board with members of that cohort voting for us to move.

While we all carry the scars of missing big fish, if we do miss this one we will wake up tomorrow, NMFC will still be based at Arden St and we still have a decent chunk of young talent on the list.

Regardless of outcome:

This too shall pass.
well said... a small dose of perspective never hurts. The melts on here with no basis in fact are irrational; I'm logging out for a few days

So let's recap on what's confirmed to have happened between 6.30 (when On The Douche started) and now...

landscape tumbleweed GIF

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

200.gif

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Let me know when I should panic.
_101980608_mediaitem101980605.jpg

Have been tuned into this thread now for a while.
This kick it anywhere character whilst being a legitimate poster, I feel like he is having a lend.
As soon as Clarkson wasn't announced before the swans game like he was so confident about , I thought to myself that Clarkson wasn't coming.
To say today hasn't been a huge kick in the guts as a life long fan, I'd be lying, looks like we settle for second best again.

We survived the greatest ever player to pull on boots banging his best mates missus and ripping the club in two.

We survived being white anted on the board with members of that cohort voting for us to move.

While we all carry the scars of missing big fish, if we do miss this one we will wake up tomorrow, NMFC will still be based at Arden St and we still have a decent chunk of young talent on the list.

Regardless of outcome:

This too shall pass.
Spot on.

There is a given with this club, it will always fight right to the end.

I really hate the missing the big fish narrative. The club had the balls to make moves and nearly pulled them off. We have to remember Dusty and Kelly stayed where they were, it’s not like they went somewhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The exact exchange was:

It's hypothesis GW, theories are tested.

He made a deliberate drop. He had inside word on what was going to happen today by the looks of things and he took it on. Let's hope he is right with the 24 hours too late bit.
Yes he did . You would think yes he has the whole way through. He’s an honest media performer and doesn’t talk rot. Has a good rep and slaps us when we deserve it and also sticks up for us when we occasionally deserve that.
He looked like someone waiting for an opportunity to stick the boots and clearly felt it was safe to do so.

Now if and I doubt it will turn pear shaped but does this isn’t on how we’ve conducted ourselves. But upon others. Like H2H said I too will keep my powder dry should such an unlikely scenario arise re Al Clarkson.

So for mine nothing has changed amd we’ve worked through the details and are almost there.

Regardless of outcome:

This too shall pass.
We have been the busted Datsun 120y with three wheels doing 60kph on the freeway with occasional spells of 80 until everything starts shaking since he went

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back