Game Day Grand Final. North Melbourne V Brisbane. Just you wait and see.

Remove this Banner Ad

my area was fine sans the individual f***stick in front of me.

and it wasn't the weather it was the CC and dry and whatever he had in the flask that he dropped.
Yeah some ppl are just sad *s - as stated earlier when we win our next flag I won’t be rubbing it to others as soon as the siren goes.
I’ll probably be crying in disbelief

Is it possible something about your behaviour in the early parts when North Melbourne is on top is inviting this backlash later on?

No. I behave just fine.

I mean, I am a complete dick, but usually it takes longer than a footy match for people to work that out.

No. I behave just fine.

I mean, I am a complete dick, but usually it takes longer than a footy match for people to work that out.
Good for you. I may have yelled “suck it” at Lions fans near me who were trying to mozz the Shierlaw kick for goal after her pack mark, so I was lucky they weren’t the nasty ones.

It's a brutal assessment but true. They wanted it more and some of our efforts when the ball was on the ground was sub par.
I was pretty pissed off at the umpiring decisions that cost us goals but throughout that last quarter but its undeniable that when it was time to go the Brisbane girls wanted it more.

I guess that's understandable having lost one last year. Hopefully its something we learn from and can overcome next year.

Well done to the side tho. Thanks.

It was so good being able to have some pride in my club's efforts this year.

I was pretty pissed off at the umpiring decisions that cost us goals but throughout that last quarter but its undeniable that when it was time to go the Brisbane girls wanted it more.

I guess that's understandable having lost one last year. Hopefully its something we learn from and can overcome next year.

My theory is that Brisbane won that game in the pre-season.

Their level of effort and pressure throughout the whole match was elite and at the end of the game they looked like they could have gone another 4 quarters.

We still might have won if we didn't lose Jenna early in the game but it was the sort of football match that suited them and in the last quarter it showed.

In hindsight I would have liked us to use our skills and play some possession football instead of allowing it to become a footy version of trench warfare. We competed brilliantly though and I'm still proud of everyone involved.

Hopefully the loss will be a catalyst for a massive pre season from us. If we can go into next season as the fittest team in the league we will be very, very hard to stop and (with a little of luck with injuries) be a great chance for a well deserved flag.

I tend to question that whole wanting it more thing because it's not exactly measurable, there's no metric, and every dedicated athlete wants it, no more and no less than any others.

However, I think the one thing you can point to is the reserves of energy that one side can tap towards the finish even though they feel completely exhausted. That can only happen if they know there's still something to draw upon the other side of their exertional pain threshold, and that allows them to be the team that will finish running on top of the ground.

I don't know if you've seen the stories explaining the boundary line jerry can sign or the Brisbane players holding up a jerry can during their celebrations like it was the premiership cup, but it apparently symbolizes their commitment to keep pushing harder just as they did in pre-season training when they all had to carry their own jerry can on a grueling running session.

I'm sure the emotional pain of losing last year plays into it to remind them that there are worse things than physical pain. But they still need evidence that there's something left to give and something left to draw upon when their minds are telling them that they are finished.

Hopefully, that's something our fitness team will work on in pre-season to push our players well past their breaking point to show them that they still have another gear.

I tend to question that whole wanting it more thing because it's not exactly measurable, there's no metric, and every dedicated athlete wants it, no more and no less than any others.
Its not measurable but it is noticeable. Its also noticeable onfield when you're playing and is contagious in a side (as is the opposite thing - holding back.) Being fitter helps tho.

Its a willpower related thing I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back