Game Day AFLW North Melbourne vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Yah sadly would have been nice to not have that goal that they got..
Yeah, one shot at goal for the entire game and it was given to them for a 50/50 decision. I think it was the only time in the entire match that a free was awarded for grabbing the jumper, even though Carlton were getting away with the same at the other end of the park all game.

That was wonderful to watch. Fantastic games from so many that it's easier to point out that Craven and Tripodi could have added more. Our middle 8-10 players really played top notch games - the type of games that they need to play to win consistently. Riddell and Garner are a level above almost every other player in the competition.

Anyway, congrats to Tahlia (4.1) and Jassy G (1.1, 36 disposals, 8 clearences & 10 tackles) on playing 50 games for the NMFC. Superstars.

Next week it's Emma King's turn, hopefully she can kick a bag. :)

Hey all… was unable to watch today’s game…helping out folks move items around their house…dad not well today…… saw we smashed the blues ( and l thought the media rated them 😂😂) would like to know thoughts on best on ground, game play…and if it was a complete game or did we switch off….
Much appreciated and any day we thrash that paper bag payment side is a brilliant day.
On ya roogals…💙🤍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a 50/50 decision
Softest free of the day. It may have been there but the umps were not paying technical frees at any stage (as noted, they were letting almost everything go all day). The free that gifted the Carlton free would almost certainly have been given as the umpires would have been under pressure to ensure that there was no risk of 0:0:0.

Notice that our team is abbreviated to NMT on the foxtel guide.

North-Melbourne Tasmania.

Putrid.
Just home from the game, how good was that!?

I have a real chip on my shoulder about this North Melbourne - Tasmania "official" name of our team. Should never have had to happen.

It's absolute cr@p we didn't get in as one of the original eight teams, we actually had a long standing relationship with the Melb Uni women's team and had demonstrated a commitment to it for some time, I can see why the Dogs, the Dees and the four interstate teams were selected, but it's cr@p Carlton and Collingwood were the other two, so unlike the AFL to give them a leg up!

Then when they were expanding, we should have been an automatic first choice, but no, we have to compromise and agree to also represent Tasmania in order to be selected ahead of teams like * and Hawthorn (who both said publicly when it started, that a women's team wasn't in their plans, but changed their minds when it became cool!) Just to get what we should have already had, it has to be done with sh!thouse compromise!

Anyway, it's always p!ssed me off, so it was great to absolutely smash those pricks from across Flemington Rd today!

Bloody great day out at the footy.

Just an absolute shame we don't have 5 more Arden St home games in a season because the club put on a great event today.

I think I'm right in saying that the two goals we conceded last week were also from free kicks, so we haven't conceded a goal in open play this season. Credit to Ferguson, Wright, O'Shea, Shannon, Kearney and Bresenehan.

Shannon has just slotted into the line up like she was born for the role and the entire unit work with Swiss precision, the next couple of games against Geelong and Brisbane will be better guides, but at the moment they are almost impenetrable.

Last edited:
Dear Foxtel. Please get your sound engineer to put a microphone in the crowd for a bit of atmosphere, turn the gain Kelli Underwood down about 5 notches and send somebody down to the rooms to find a spare pair of socks to make a more permanent solution to Kellies commentary.
The crowd was pretty subdued for most of the game. It was scrappy and honestly from my seats hard to tell exactly what was happening, especially in the first half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back