Game Day Grand Final. North Melbourne V Brisbane. Just you wait and see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Tahlia Randall should have been switched back to her old role in that last quarter. We were not getting the ball down to her and if nothing else there might have been a few sorer Brisbane players after the game.
Yeah wouldn’t have mind that

Ultimately wright is an undersized defender at 168cm that should be a third tall and has gotten away with playing on the second key forwards but has the ability to get exposed for her lack of height

People asked earlier why we should go get Katie Lynch an 180cm AA CHB well there’s your reason

I hope they look at changing the dimensions, not sure women ( not being disrespectful) will ever kick 50 metres. So the men can cover the ground with 4 kicks, for women it's 6. That's a huge difference. IMO of course.

Yeah I think that would be better. But maybe ground availability becomes a problem. It's also depressing to go just 9 or 10 points down in the last and know your not getting back into it due to how hard it is to score

Apologies if it has already been posted but did we have a good turn out of Shinboners yesterday? (Even though it was only a 13k crowd) If so hopefully that translates to our men’s team when we start winning.

Watch this video :)

Lions and swans fans should stfu - they allowed their teams to get moved by not fighting.
That’s not fair to the ones who did fight, or the supporters who just got shafted by forces out of their control. The problem is the minority who choose to be dicks about it.

The best thing about what the women did this season was that they were the catalyst for getting supporters excited about the club again.

Yes it was disappointing they didn’t get the final reward, but they should be damn proud of how they represented themselves as a team and the club as a whole.

Let’s hope the men’s program can start to generate some of the same excitement levels and get people back to games.

I love how the club is embracing the one club culture. The women’s program has built up the momentum and now time for the men to do their part.

The best thing about what the women did this season was that they were the catalyst for getting supporters excited about the club again.

Yes it was disappointing they didn’t get the final reward, but they should be damn proud of how they represented themselves as a team and the club as a whole.

Let’s hope the men’s program can start to generate some of the same excitement levels and get people back to games.

I love how the club is embracing the one club culture. The women’s program has built up the momentum and now time for the men to do their part.
I hope the boys were sitting there stewing over the fact that they are about as far as it is physically possible to that position and it is lighting a fire they never knew existed in their bellies.

I had to put up with "Thank God we didn't merge with this mob" all afternoon. "They offered us nothing. We wouldn't have our jumper or song or be Lions"

Bear in mind many of those would be old Fitzroy supporters who accepted the Brisbane takeover as the easy option.

Not for many others though, who refused to accept that shocking decision, forced on the true Fitzroy supporters, by a ruthless, uncaring AFL. (Insert whatever "expletives deleted" you wish to here, to describe the AFL).

We went elsewhere.

The girls did a wonderful job yesterday. I am sure that all North Melbourne supporters were all intensely proud of them irrespective of yesterday's outcome as they have lifted our clubs morale, provided inspiration and reminded us all that we are still a competitive force on the AFL landscape. I am looking forward with more confidence in the NMFC than what I have had for quite a few years.

Reflecting back on 2023; this was supposed to be the beginning of our climb back toward competitiveness. However, it was white-anted by the racism allegations against a good man and it must have had a profound effect on the team's performance. Despite that, the team did perform better in 2023. It's losing margins were definitely a lot tighter and on at least three occasions literally defeated during the dying seconds of the games. So our wins potentially could have been at least six games. In 2023 we were often being beaten by margins of four goals as opposed to the ten and twelve goal thrashings that we endured in 2022.

In 2023 we were playing four quarters of football and not dying in the second half of the games as we did for most games in 2022. Now with our main coach back fully on deck and focussed, a new team brimming with talent and youth I can see this team moulding and forming into a potential powerhouse by 2025 and beyond. I would say to the doubters and North haters out there ... "Watch out for the rise of the Roos". It's coming. :):):)

I had to put up with "Thank God we didn't merge with this mob" all afternoon. "They offered us nothing. We wouldn't have our jumper or song or be Lions"
😳 Wtf…..short memories…as a kid I hated Noel Gordon and still do…the bad news bears were going nowhere….his 11th hour sell the soul to gain the lions club logo ect whilst the comp shat the bed and voted against our proposal coz they thought we’d be a super team….was in essence to rebrand and reboot his shitty little club to the brisbane public…..never sat well with me…still doesn‘t…Still have a special kinda hate reserved to bandwagon Brissy supporters… particularly when they make statements like that…absolutely no respect show for their history…they don’t deserve those colours, logos or song if they make naive statements like that….funny how the entire bears outfit disappeared forevermore…..maybe they should wear that instead…

Bear in mind many of those would be old Fitzroy supporters who accepted the Brisbane takeover as the easy option.

Not for many others though, who refused to accept that shocking decision, forced on the true Fitzroy supporters, by a ruthless, uncaring AFL. (Insert whatever "expletives deleted" you wish to here, to describe the AFL).

We went elsewhere.

I can't imagine putting myself in the situation of you, or any Fitzroy supporter at the time. I actually respect whatever decision Fitzroy fans at the time made because they had had their own reasons for making them. I personally know three old Fitzroy supporters - one went tepidly with North, one balls-in with Brisbane, and one lost to the game altogether.

Had NMFC moved to the Gold Coast in 2008 I suspect I'd have stuck with us but with a heavy heart. My involvement with local footy would probably have won the day but if someone said "Who's your AFL team?" I'd say Gold Coast? But had GC Roos won the first of three straight flags in their 5th season maybe my interest would have piqued. Thankfully I'll never know.

But I was riled by "Thank God we didn't merge with this mob" yesterday. Yes, it probably was just a clear ingenuous provocative stab at me and my sons as our Grand Final slipped away. Yes, NMFC went into the merger backing self-interest, but we offered a more palatable palliative process for the Roy Boys, were preferred by their club and its fans, and both us and Fitzroy felt shafted. Had the 1996 merger taken place, the 2007 Keep North South would never have happened, neither would selling home games to Sydney, Canberra, Gold Coast or Hobart.

Fuggem. Glad the umpired paid advantage after Neale got legged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I think that would be better. But maybe ground availability becomes a problem. It's also depressing to go just 9 or 10 points down in the last and know your not getting back into it due to how hard it is to score

Well I got told today and I'm slightly embarrassed, the girls kick the other ball further. Many in the W want to use the same ball as the men. Whatever the thing they use floats.

So I best shut up :)

Watch this video :)

Honestly, SB it was glorious. As another poster mentioned, it was a raucous gathering of ardent Shinboners full of confidence not just desperate hope. So to our AFLW team - thanks.

Gutted we fell away in the last… but the day itself has to be viewed as a positive. Easily the best day I’ve had at the footy in 7 or 8 years.

I’m sure there were plenty of first time AFLW attendees who will turn up to support next year at our Arden St home games.

Bring on 24 💪

We went elsewhere.
And you became ours Horace

I can't imagine putting myself in the situation of you, or any Fitzroy supporter at the time. I actually respect whatever decision Fitzroy fans at the time made because they had had their own reasons for making them. I personally know three old Fitzroy supporters - one went tepidly with North, one balls-in with Brisbane, and one lost to the game altogether.

Had NMFC moved to the Gold Coast in 2008 I suspect I'd have stuck with us but with a heavy heart. My involvement with local footy would probably have won the day but if someone said "Who's your AFL team?" I'd say Gold Coast? But had GC Roos won the first of three straight flags in their 5th season maybe my interest would have piqued. Thankfully I'll never know.

But I was riled by "Thank God we didn't merge with this mob" yesterday. Yes, it probably was just a clear ingenuous provocative stab at me and my sons as our Grand Final slipped away. Yes, NMFC went into the merger backing self-interest, but we offered a more palatable palliative process for the Roy Boys, were preferred by their club and its fans, and both us and Fitzroy felt shafted. Had the 1996 merger taken place, the 2007 Keep North South would never have happened, neither would selling home games to Sydney, Canberra, Gold Coast or Hobart.

Fuggem. Glad the umpired paid advantage after Neale got legged.

While I understand that in 1996 some Fitzroy supporters, shall we say for the "right" reasons, chose Brisbane. But I think they were a minority. My recollection is that many of those were people who came out after the takeover was announced and said, "Oh we didn't realise the situation was that bad, otherwise we would have done something".

Yeah right, you never heard all the warnings from the Fitzroy board and many others back in the lead up to the AFL's treachery????

I think that some of those then took the "easy option" of following Brisbane.

I suspect (without any proof whatsoever) that the individual who uttered those remarks, might have been one of the easy option people back in 1996. Or maybe he was just an a******* of the highest order.

Whatever the case, in all games of football there is always a winner and a loser and in Grand Finals especially, being on the losing side is just pure s***. Winners should enjoy the win, while being magnanimous towards the losers during and after the game.

Whatever the case, in all games of football there is always a winner and a loser and in Grand Finals especially, being on the losing side is just pure s***. Winners should enjoy the win, while being magnanimous towards the losers during and after the game.

Maybe it's me when losing Grand Finals. After the 1990 Foster's Cup a * fan waved his scarf at me tauntingly as I was leaving so I grabbed the scarf and threw it away causing him to come at me with a flurry of fists. In 1998, an otherwise nice Crows lady kept telling me how overjoyed she was and it was her best day ever and hugging me oblivious to my North gear and football heart being ripped out. And now this.

I really need to be sure to sit with North people only next time.

Maybe it's me when losing Grand Finals. After the 1990 Foster's Cup a * fan waved his scarf at me tauntingly as I was leaving so I grabbed the scarf and threw it away causing him to come at me with a flurry of fists. In 1998, an otherwise nice Crows lady kept telling me how overjoyed she was and it was her best day ever and hugging me oblivious to my North gear and football heart being ripped out. And now this.

I really need to be sure to sit with North people only next time.
Is it possible something about your behaviour in the early parts when North Melbourne is on top is inviting this backlash later on?

Is it possible something about your behaviour in the early parts when North Melbourne is on top is inviting this backlash later on?
I'm sure it's possible that there was some provocation, but there is also a terrible character flaw for anyone experiencing jubilation of victory, that their first thought is to be a complete dick to others.

I'm sure it's possible that there was some provocation, but there is also a terrible character flaw for anyone experiencing jubilation of victory, that their first thought is to be a complete dick to others.
Of course, I was joking with MM.

Around my area it was pretty tame - very friendly crowd.
Aflw crowd is very different to afl crowd - might be the better weather
my area was fine sans the individual f***stick in front of me.

and it wasn't the weather it was the CC and dry and whatever he had in the flask that he dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back