AFL Grand Final NMFC Grand Final Breakfast

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been 2 or 3 times but not recently due to other factors. Would definitely go again in the future as it is a great occasion. I think it is a money spinner for the club. Hope so. It is also a high profile event for NMFC, given it is the Official occasion for the GF. To no one's surprise it is one that others have tried to hijack,(talking about you Eddie) just like Friday Night Footy, etc.
Anyone been?

Is it worth going?

Does the club make money off it?

Anyone been?

Is it worth going?

I went in 2018. It was fun but like anything to do with the AFL these days, it was a little too stage managed for mine. I'd consider going again only if we are playing in the GF.

Anyone been?

Is it worth going?

Fairly certain it was “taken” off the club a while ago, especially as there are now broadcasting arrangements etc.

Whilst it’s called the North Melbourne breakfast, none of our logos etc are there.

It’s all run by the AFL and profits go to the AFL.

Commercially you would think it would be a no brainer giving it back to a small club like North as it would be a massive boost to our bottom line in its current format.

Fairly certain it was “taken” off the club a while ago, especially as there are now broadcasting arrangements etc.

Whilst it’s called the North Melbourne breakfast, none of our logos etc are there.

Commercially you would think it would be a no brainer giving it back to a small club like North as it would be a massive boost to our bottom line in its current format.

Still with the club.

This is all wrong.

It is an AFL authorised/official event for GF day but it is still a North event.

North receives the financial rewards of hosting/organising etc. Indeed up until a few years ago it was broadly 10% of our total income for any given year.

If the AFL took the official status of the breakfast off us (and give it to someone else) then it would lose its credibility, celebrity broadcasting value etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back