Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard to believe but hell, if it's true then the ramifications will be enormous. The impact on the people involved is just deviation I'm sure. My words aren't adequate.

The hardest thing to believe is that the AFL, the media and groups like the AFLPA have only just found out about this. If they knew and didn't act then they are complicit.

If proven or even if I feel it has been managed by payouts and confidential agreements I am gone as a follower of the sport. No ifs. No buts.

Last edited:
Surely there was some incline about what happened at the very least given the amount of people involved.

Jackson may be the best journo in relations to the powerful hurting others in a sporting context.

He brings all the whispers together.

Clarkson and Fagan will get their chance but I’d suspect both will not coach another senior game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm certain I heard an interview (or maybe a written version) where the club insisted on those outcomes.

At the time, the claim was levelled at JK.

Bloody horrific trying to read that whole article.
Who knows. I hope the facts are revealed so we can make an informed and conscious decision.

Deeply saddened to read that.

That conduct is a long way from the values held by our club. If we keep him those values will ring hollow. My initial reactions is that he cannot remain.

Hawthorn “the family club”*
*If you ignore the financial destruction caused by their proliferation of pokies, and now relevations on the destruction of players’s families.

Last edited:
Sad if true and seems to compromise Sonya’s values through her work with the huddle. I want a good coach, not a good coach who is #&@!. I’d hope that Clarko has changed/learned from what is a clear overreach by an employer on an employee. I’d tell my boss where to go if they told me to terminate the pregnancies of my two kids.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Today will be mighty tough for Sonja. But her values have to prevail so it is almost certain that the coach will be stood down pending the facts being established.

This is very bad for North but worse for the victims if true.

Brisbane were a bit lucky though, 'eh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These shocking allegations are historical and cannot be condoned, they are a combination of flat out racism and the AFL industry believing it is bigger and more important than life itself.

I have no doubt that this was not isolated to one or 2 clubs, maybe not to these extremes, but a competition wide lack of understanding of racial and cultural issues at the time and the AFL's need to win at all costs

Hopefully this thing is becoming a thing of the past as clubs become 'woke' and invest more time amd energy into Indigenous and multicultural programs.

Clarkson only starts on the 1st of November so he isn't officially with our club. Hopefully this will save our club from scrutiny if we extricate ourselves from the position we are in.

Today will be mighty tough for Sonja. But her values have to prevail so it is almost certain that the coach will be stood down pending the facts being established.

This is very bad for North but worse for the victims if true.

Brisbane were a bit lucky though, 'eh?
He hasn’t stood up yet. Right now other clubs have current staff implicated, North does not.

Tough for Sonja, Jy, a lot of people to hear this. They have time to get whatever information they need to make decisions. Pressure for at least a statement from the club pretty soon though.

I know the bigger picture is about the mis-treatment of first nation players but if North cop it in the the neck for this then I'm just about done. First with Collingwood getting off scot free for their saga then if Hawthorn (the club) get off scot-free but Clarko has to resign his position then I AM DONE.

We can't jump to any conclusions until Caro tells us what really happened.
I’m horrified. That’s psychopath level stuff. If there’s an iota of truth to this (which I have no doubt there is given the work of Russell Jackson) then see ya later.

There’s no way in good conscience you could put our young players in his stewardship after reading that.
Can we have the trial first before the execution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back