All not well at the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

The reality is we have been up for a few years, 3 Grand Final appearances, some young faces on our list, old players don't get any younger. The competition doesn't stand still for anyone. Not completely surprised by the margin. I would be more happy this year if we kept playing kids to be honest.

time to rebuild

Buckley is hopeless. Get rid of him.

The pies players are playing with no desire or fatherly love they had for mick shithouse.

Firstly, let me just say.This is NOT a troll... More keen on hearing from Pies supporters who can be objective on this and give us an honet appraisal of there they are at...

Heard a whisper over the summer that a few of the players that left found it easier to walk given the new coach...(Davis, Dick particularly). Listening to Dermott on SEN just now talk about Daisy thomas "eyeballing" bucks, and Derm's comment that he has known and seen many 250 game players that NEVER eyeball a coach...

On top of that, they are playing fairly average footy... Wondering if the Buckley move is gonna completely slam shut their premiership window. Are they just starting slowly, trying to peak later, or are they actually finished as a real contender?

first thing's first : Dermott Brereton is an idiot.

secondly, not sure from what source your 'whisper' sprung, but if it was from a fellow Californian you can probably take it with a great of salt.

As for Collingwood playing fairly average footy - it is obviously hard to pick any real trend in just round three, they are currently 1-1 (it is half time as I post) and have played some reasonable footy in that time.

The only thing I can say with any certainty is that Buckley has the team funneling their attacks through the corridor a lot more.
If Buckley can develop the side in such a way that they are able of effectively adjusting the style of their game, mid-game, then that can only be a bonus.
But Malthouse's boundary-hugging, defensively swarming approach got them a flag, and it would be silly of Buckley to completely discount this option just for the sake of making his own stamp on the team.

I really enjoyed that first half btw, interesting game.

The reality is we have been up for a few years, 3 Grand Final appearances, some young faces on our list, old players don't get any younger. The competition doesn't stand still for anyone. Not completely surprised by the margin. I would be more happy this year if we kept playing kids to be honest.

Turn it up. You are not giving up already.

Bit early too call this game but if the Pies lose tonight it will be 4 losses in their last 7 game, compared to 4 losses in 44 prior to that.

Been some tough games but that's a drop off in form in any ones language.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess we all need to thank Eddie for the great work he's done of evening up the competition. Getting rid of a AFL Premiership coach to bring in FIGJAM, a guy who never experienced a AFL Premiership and so, he clearly doesn't know what it takes to win the ultimate prize. Eddie is always looking to better the game at the expense of his beloved Pies. Good work Ed.

Ummm welcome back to Earth while you were away Leon Davis got delisted as he wanted too much money is now playing in the WAFL
haha ok, i sort of completely switch off in the preseason then see all these missing players when the season starts and dont know what happened.

Floodgates are almost open here...

s**t look at the knives in this place

Yes we do have a less experienced coach with no tactical nous

Yes we are being beaten buy a team cleary in better touch and with much more hunger

Yes ball and Reid did go down

And yes of course the pies supporters are going to be upset no one wants to loose to thier biggest rival

It's round 3 put your jox back on lads you just may need to save your loads for later this season ;)

Eddie's ego has got the better of him.

Fancy getting rid of a Legendary coach for his love child.

This is the end of Collingwood being a dominant team.

Looks like our boys just don't want to fire up under Bucks. Not like they did with Mick.

Their structure is just awful coming out defence, possibly because they are missing a key figure in Reid but still, just kicking up in the air in hope... Heath Shaw and Sidebottom probably the only two having wins tonight. Still can't help but smile a little bit about all of this. On the flip side, Carlton look pretty delicious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back