All not well at the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Malthouse would consider coming back to the Westpac Centre.

780470-nathan-buckley.jpg

s**t look at the knives in this place

Yes we do have a less experienced coach with no tactical nous

Yes we are being beaten buy a team cleary in better touch and with much more hunger

Yes ball and Reid did go down

And yes of course the pies supporters are going to be upset no one wants to loose to thier biggest rival

It's round 3 put your jox back on lads you just may need to save your loads for later this season ;)
Yes Malty will come back if they ask him. Sure the players wont mind. Rabble.

Yeah, now that the first 10th of the season is over I think we've all seen enough. Sports forums are incredibly impatient. Their defence is what needs sorting out, they remind me of Hawthorn feeling the hurt of losing Croad, difference is Tarrant and Reid will play again.

Early days, but I always felt the Collingwood success was built around being able to outwork the opposition rather than simply being the more skillful side.

The team is still underdone IMO, but there is also the possibility they dont want to play for Bucks quite as much as they did for Malthouse.

Time will tell.

My biggest isse re our defense is our kick ins ... They almost always look like a turnover this year and it scares me

Intensity is your main issue right now... the players just aren't interested. If they're not going to get up for Carlton, then who??

Pies will get a smashing in the media, Carlton will get talked up as the team to beat (even though I don't buy it).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, where is that collingwood spark that has been so powerful over the last couple of years? that tackling pressure and intensity.

i tipped the pies tonight, come on big comeback in the last!!

Do it for mick shithouse!

Last time I checked, round 3 form didn't count for much.....

Reminds me of a certain 2008 team who learnt the following year that you don't have to win every game through the year to win a premiership...

On the flip side, Carlton do look very good

I'm not writing Collingwood off, but, for my own personal enjoyment and the potential of the developing narrative of the Collingwood agreement, this is the perfect start to Buckley's coaching career.

The only way this could be better is if they were 0-3 and they won the flag last year.

The reality is we have been up for a few years, 3 Grand Final appearances, some young faces on our list, old players don't get any younger. The competition doesn't stand still for anyone. Not completely surprised by the margin. I would be more happy this year if we kept playing kids to be honest.

s**t been up for 3 years?? You must really rate geelong being up for 5 years then. Something not right down at the Lexus center...

Last time I checked, round 3 form didn't count for much.....

Reminds me of a certain 2008 team who learnt the following year that you don't have to win every game through the year to win a premiership...

On the flip side, Carlton do look very good

To be fair that team did start 13-0 and were able to rest players on the back of that start that set up the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back