Toast All things Paul Roos + Coaching: McCartney joins coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

It's definitely been a good season so far but it seems the edges are starting to fray badly. Since the QB game we've been rubbish, excluding a combined half/3 quarters of footy against the Bombers and the Dogs. Hopefully after the 2nd bye week the team is a bit more refreshed, because I really don't want the good early season work to be undone by an ordinary second half of a year where we play 'let's-not-lose-by-as-much' type footy as opposed to 'let's-try-and-win' footy.

Yes we all knew that the second half of the year was going to be tough. We definatly need to get those little wins and go into preseason with some momentum. 6 wins should be the goal.

It's definitely been a good season so far but it seems the edges are starting to fray badly. Since the QB game we've been rubbish, excluding a combined half/3 quarters of footy against the Bombers and the Dogs. Hopefully after the 2nd bye week the team is a bit more refreshed, because I really don't want the good early season work to be undone by an ordinary second half of a year where we play 'let's-not-lose-by-as-much' type footy as opposed to 'let's-try-and-win' footy.

Yes we all knew that the second half of the year was going to be tough. We definatly need to get those little wins and go into preseason with some momentum. 6 wins should be the goal.

I know someone who has contacts high up within the club who funnily enough has mentioned the Mitch Clark thing as well.
He also said it was not a done deal but something the club is monitoring and is very hopeful of.

I know someone who has contacts high up within the club who funnily enough has mentioned the Mitch Clark thing as well.
He also said it was not a done deal but something the club is monitoring and is very hopeful of.

What about the foot??? No point getting him back if the foot is stuffed!!

What about the foot??? No point getting him back if the foot is stuffed!!
Mitch's foot was the reason why he became depressed, his foot has healed and behind the scenes is not far away. I guess there was a reason why I haven't heard Kirks name recommitting to Freo.
Cameron Ling will be in a coaching role next year what capacity it is.... If I was a realist I would say let Peter Jackson and Paul Roos do there thing and it will happen.

Anyone see Roos on Classified just then? Pretty much said Ling would be nowhere near experienced enough to be groomed as a successor.

Roos also said he definitely wouldn't coach on beyond a third year, but was leaning more towards staying on for a third year. Quite an interesting interview.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Kirky has ruled himself out, Lingy is not in contention for the Senior Assistant role according to Roosy (tho possibly as an assistant), Stewie Dew is staying up in Sydney and Roosy himself will probably be living in Hawaii in 2017.

All in all iv got to say this whole senior assisstant idea is seemingly better in theory than in practice. And I'm getting rather tired of Roosy's "if the club want an answer I'm happy to give them one" spiel. I love what Roosy and P.J. have brought to this club but the things we are most screaming out for are a bit of continuity and stability. So far we have a CEO and a coach who aren't entirely sure they wants to stick around after next year, and a president who isn't even sure if he's president of a football team or a baseball team.

If we end up with Roosy skyping Jade Rawlings 'Dean Laidley style' from Hawaii while President Bartlett hemmorages money in his Collins st office block plotting Cam Schwab's glorious return as CEO in 2017.. then all the positive change we have seen this year will be for nothing.

Mitch's foot was the reason why he became depressed, his foot has healed and behind the scenes is not far away. I guess there was a reason why I haven't heard Kirks name recommitting to Freo.
Cameron Ling will be in a coaching role next year what capacity it is.... If I was a realist I would say let Peter Jackson and Paul Roos do there thing and it will happen.

You seem to have a very simplistic idea of how mental health works.

Anyone see Roos on Classified just then? Pretty much said Ling would be nowhere near experienced enough to be groomed as a successor.

Roos also said he definitely wouldn't coach on beyond a third year, but was leaning more towards staying on for a third year. Quite an interesting interview.

There were 2 points that interested me most;

1) He will not be involved with the club, in any full-time capacity beyond the 3rd year. I had previously thought he indicated an interest in a full time role such as director of football or similar.
2) Melbourne have not even put an offer to James Frawley yet, because he doesnt want to sit down with the club yet. This seemed to further indicate he is likely to leave.

There were 2 points that interested me most;

1) He will not be involved with the club, in any full-time capacity beyond the 3rd year. I had previously thought he indicated an interest in a full time role such as director of football or similar.
2) Melbourne have not even put an offer to James Frawley yet, because he doesnt want to sit down with the club yet. This seemed to further indicate he is likely to leave.

I found both of those interesting too. Sounds like Roos' role post-third year will be more consulting-based or in-season based, rather than year-round.

Agree on Frawley - if that's the case then he's made up his mind. Goneski

I found both of those interesting too. Sounds like Roos' role post-third year will be more consulting-based or in-season based, rather than year-round.

Agree on Frawley - if that's the case then he's made up his mind. Goneski

I hate to say it like this, but it sounds like he's pressing for a 'consulting' type role, which would suit him personally more than anything.

Sadly it's looking this way. It may suit Paul, but it will leave us in the sh!t.
Pardon the interruption but that depends on who replaces him. If it's someone like Bomber Thompson you'd have to say it leaves you in pretty good shape.

Don't think there's any chance of him staying with Essendon if Hird comes back. So it would only be a question of whether he wants to remain in footy. And there is a connection with Jackson who has proven to be a mighty good negotiator on these things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back