• Andrew Robb

• Someone from the LIberal Party other than those above

• Bill Shorten

• Someone from the Labor Party other than Shorten

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

A great Australian honoured.

09935a0ab54caf4622d5975b05f36f1e

Some fathers leave this earth proud of their kids.
Some die of the shame.

Richard Henry Abbott died a proud man, and will be smiling in heaven today.

One of the least worthy PM’s we’ve ever had. Couldn‘t lead starving wolves to fresh meat.

But he’s just one of a cavalcade of conservative politicians who have been honoured presumably for Service of Conspicuous Consumption of Government Resources.

Some die of the shame.

That does you no credit.

Yep, agree with most of this article. Considering the mess he inherited from the previous disaster of a....I can't even bring myself to say government.

Good read.

Mr Abbott said he had delivered on his 2013 election pledge to "stop the boats", "scrap the taxes" and bring the budget under control.

He defended the most contentious measure, a $7 Medicare co-payment on people going to the doctor.

"It caused an enormous fuss but, frankly, we’re happy enough to spend $5 on a cup of coffee, so why shouldn’t people be prepared to pay $7 to visit a GP, given that a visit to a GP is an extremely valuable service."

The proverbial barking dog that caught the car and then had NFI what to do.

Would have been hilarious if it weren’t an entire country he was trashing.

SO fitting that after bringing down so many PMs his final scalp was his own.

So yes, clearly there is a god.
I heard they were going to make him our new ambassador to Madagascar, but their gummint said "Get fair dinkum, what did we ever do to you?"

I think we can all agree, he did do one good thing for all Australians:
Reminded us all not to eat raw onions with their skin on.

That footage where he couldn't answer the reporter's question and just looked at him for half a minute with his head wobbling was proof he was unfit for office.

What is wrong with Australians, that they would still vote for a dysfunctional entity like Tony Abbott after seeing the footage of that truly bizarre display?

A great Australian honoured.

09935a0ab54caf4622d5975b05f36f1e

Some fathers leave this earth proud of their kids.
Some die of the shame.

Richard Henry Abbott died a proud man, and will be smiling in heaven today.

Mm. Are you able to share the work he did in indigenous communities ? I’m curious..

Mm. Are you able to share the work he did in indigenous communities ? I’m curious..
I think it is fair to say that Abbott devoted a lot of time and attention to indigenous affairs, over a very long period - perhaps more than any other PM. He has spent a lot of time in remote communities (both before, after and during his tenure at the top), and he was the first PM to elevate it to a PMC level portfolio in the inner Cabinet.

Whether that time and attention resulted in good outcomes is another discussion. Certainly a lot of his decisions as PM come across as rather strange for someone who purports to care about indigenous affairs - cutting funding to remote communities is only the most obvious. Most indigenous leaders have little love for him.

Abbott is like that, though. A lot of his actions are hard to square with one another, and his public and private personas often seem at odds.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the least worthy PM’s we’ve ever had. Couldn‘t lead starving wolves to fresh meat.

But he’s just one of a cavalcade of conservative politicians who have been honoured presumably for Service of Conspicuous Consumption of Government Resources.

That does you no credit.
I know hey. There’s bad PM’s and then there are Mods.

I know hey. There’s bad PM’s and then there are Mods.

Oh, no. I’m being crushed beneath the intellectual heft of Lebbo73.

Whatever will I do.

I think it is fair to say that Abbott devoted a lot of time and attention to indigenous affairs, over a very long period - perhaps more than any other PM. He has spent a lot of time in remote communities (both before, after and during his tenure at the top), and he was the first PM to elevate it to a PMC level portfolio in the inner Cabinet.

Whether that time and attention resulted in good outcomes is another discussion. Certainly a lot of his decisions as PM come across as rather strange for someone who purports to care about indigenous affairs - cutting funding to remote communities is only the most obvious. Most indigenous leaders have little love for him.

Abbott is like that, though. A lot of his actions are hard to square with one another, and his public and private personas often seem at odds.

thanks.. so what were the outcomes?
What action was taken ? He was in politics for decades - he was PM, there must be a policy, programmes, something for this award?

He cut funding and said stupid comments like “lifestyle choices”. At the moment it seems farcical he was awarded for anything.

At the moment it seems farcical he was awarded for anything.
He got the AC because he is an ex-PM and the award is given to every ex-PM.

They just put whatever policy interest the person had under the reasons section. It doesn’t have to make sense, Rudd got his for services to international harmony or some bullshit.

Turnbull’s will be in the mail for services to the environment or something - unless he turns it down because he’s a republican.

Last edited:
This is the moron who cut hundreds of millions from research and development, gutted the CSIRO and did not appoint a Minister for Science, the first time since 1928 that we did not have a dedicated Minister for Science. How in f***'s name can this imbecile be given any sort of recognition. His anti-science moronic views have contributed to bushfires that he fights, the unpreparedness for the Coronavirus we have to fight and as a special "envoy" for Aboriginal affairs, his contribution was to tell black fellas that they don't have the same facilities supplied to them like other towns and settlements do because it was a " life style choice" on their behalf. The same vile thinking of the missionaries and the racist governments of the times.

He and the filth that's Prime Minister at present think they are doing/ have done great things for the people of this country when the truth is, it's like some bastard hanging around watching devastation and death when they could do something about it but do nothing and then rock up with a s**t load of coffins thinking they should be congratulated for "doing something".

Vile scum, he and Morrison and B. Bishop .

Nice melt.

Why do you care so much about an award that comes automatically to every PM? Morrison will get his too, as will whichever empty suit follows him.

It’s just political backslapping. It doesn’t mean anything.

Nice melt.

Why do you care so much about an award that comes automatically to every PM? Morrison will get his too, as will whichever empty suit follows him.

It’s just political backslapping. It doesn’t mean anything.

That's what I thought, just wanted to make there wasn't something actually useful he did.

They slap each other on the back for doing nothing and wonder why people have a general dim view of politicians.

They slap each other on the back for doing nothing and wonder why people have a general dim view of politicians.
I wouldn’t call being PM nothing, but it’s true that 99% of honour recipients are basically being backslapped for doing a job they were already very well paid for.

That said, orders of chivalry were literally invented to backslap politicians so I have no idea why people get so upset about it every six months.

I wouldn’t call being PM nothing, but it’s true that 99% of honour recipients are basically being backslapped for doing a job they were already very well paid for.

That said, orders of chivalry were literally invented to backslap politicians so I have no idea why people get so upset about it every six months.

then they should say he got it for being PM and I’m sure majority of people will ignore it.
By saying “services to Indigenous Community” (or evening laughably does Bishop - for women in politics) is ridiculous.

then they should say he got it for being PM and I’m sure majority of people will ignore it.
By saying “services to Indigenous Community” (or evening laughably does Bishop - for women in politics) is ridiculous.
It is part of the game. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was asked to write the citation himself - Rudd’s certainly reads like he wrote his.

Back