News 'Angry' Adams after more responsibility (latest: fined for being drunk in public)

Remove this Banner Ad

This. It was a bit of a dog's act really and certainly wasn't "tough". Let's not let the fact that Daisy is a traitor get in the way of that.

With that said, I like that we have some guys with a bit of mongrel now, like this guy, Grundy and Marley. They just need to channel it in the right way.

Yes we need to recruit mongrels......evidently these guys are playing under 18s this year...

upload_2015-1-23_7-52-13.jpeg upload_2015-1-23_7-52-51.jpeg

I like that attitude I'm sick of the "nice" element that has developed in this group. I want us to play angry like Hawthorn!!

It's such a shame his skill level doesn't match his determination or he'd be the next Jordan Lewis...

He's 21 FFS. Jordan Lewis was no superstar then either.

Adams will be a star, bookmark it.

That's not tough. That's rubbish. One step removed from judd like behaviour. Do it while attacking the ball, not while he's lying down with his arms pinned.

Heresy don't dare mention Judd in comparison to one of our own.

I thought he should've kicked his head a little harder, maybe grabbed him by the hair and rub his face in the dirt.
Sorry but we are Collingwood and if you diss someone with integrity like luke ball you better expect some repercussions and Taylor took it upon himself to do the dirty work and teach that little s**t a lesson. Was nearly as good as a BBB piledriver. 100% behind TA on this one, and a big step up in respect and rating as far as I'm concerned. A few good enforcers on the side and you are that much more menacing on the field, makes a big difference.

Yeah, nah.

You'll find Bucks was a massive factor as to why Adams chose to come to Collingwood. Bucks coached him back at Vic Country Under 16's in 2009. They've got a strong relationship.

So, maybe stop sprouting rubbish.
Well it will be interesting to see where he is played now. He's stated he will be pissed if he's not put in the middle. Surely it's the middle or no where.

Well it will be interesting to see where he is played now. He's stated he will be pissed if he's not put in the middle. Surely it's the middle or no where.
I think it's a case of being pissed at himself if he isn't considered ready by the coach to play in the middle.
That's different to being pissed at the coach for not choosing him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he will do well.
I've watched him training several times over the preseason, everyone is working hard, but he's one of the ones that stands out and you just can't help noticing him. He's super energetic, very vocal, very fast and evasive, really attacks the training track and looks like a leader. As I've said before he's a man possessed and very much in the focussed intense frame of mind nathan buckley was in his days. Freeman is another, he's like the energiser bunny, he's a lot more relaxed in general but trains like a madman. Broomhead really stands out too, he just looks that little bit more refined in technique and skill than others around him. I know a lot of people don't think training counts for much, but I think it reveals a lot about the key players.
Adams confidence is pretty high out on the track, you get the feeling he knows he is a leader and is standing up and setting an example and that's something that benefits the team immensely, especially when so many of the senior members of the team have been on limited training.. Pendles, swan, reid, cloke, Caff, toovey, brown etc so he's totally stood up and that confidence will likely carry through to match time.

Last year I thought Adams was pretty disappointing, and if it weren't for luke ball ageing, swan being out of form and injured, JT struggling etc Adams would have been left out based on his poor disposal and jitters, so let's hope he comes good and we will have an elite midfielder on our hands in a pretty short amount of time. I think Freeman is going to go nuts this year and the combination of Adams, Freeman, Broomhead and potentially DeGoey will be an entire new force in the AFL in the next couple of years. Combine them with Pendles, and possibly a couple more good years from Swan, Sidebottom who I'm quite sure will be used more as a dedicated midfielder, Greenwood as well, and we have one of the most dangerous midfields in the comp, and Beams will be forgotten pretty quickly. That's not even taking in to account Elliot, Fasolo and Williams getting time in the middle.
We are massively spoilt for talent going in to this year, and if the team stays fit the toughest thing is going to be deciding who gets to play.
when did you learn how to post properly?

I think it's a case of being pissed at himself if he isn't considered ready by the coach to play in the middle.
That's different to being pissed at the coach for not choosing him
Hmm but is the coach prepared to play him in the middle each week. Will Adams be pissed with Buckley if he doesn't put him there..

Yeah I think its middle or nowhere. Can't see how he could get into the side as a backmen or a forward. His abilities are made for the middle. If he can't make it in there he won't make it at all.

Hmm but is the coach prepared to play him in the middle each week. Will Adams be pissed with Buckley if he doesn't put him there..
If you have another listen you'll hear him say he'll be angry with himself.
He doesn't mention the coach

He's 21 FFS. Jordan Lewis was no superstar then either.

Adams will be a star, bookmark it.

At the same age Jordan Lewis was a premiership player, had accumulated 19 Brownlow votes and had two 500 possession seasons under his belt. He WILL be the next captain of a back to back premiership team and, IMO, was stiff not to also be a Norm Smith medalist. Put simply he's a gun!!

Instead of getting worked up you should note that I never said that Adams wouldn't be a good performer. He just has half the skill of Lewis (who I liken his attitude, desire and toughness to) and that is the type of player I want him to become.

Maybe your reaction would have been different if I'd said he's the next Jude Bolton? On a side note this is the exact reason I've dialed back my involvement on here any assessment other than a positive one is viewed negatively...

Last edited:
At the same age Jordan Lewis was a premiership player, had accumulated 19 Brownlow votes and had two 500 possession seasons under his belt. He WILL be the next captain of a back to back premiership team and, IMO, was stiff not to also be a Norm Smith medalist. Put simply he's a gun!!

Instead of getting worked up you should note that I never said that Adams wouldn't be a good performer. He just has half the skill of Lewis (who I liken his attitude, desire and toughness to) and that is the type of player I want him to become.

Maybe your reaction would have been different if I'd said he's the next Jude Bolton? On a side note this is the exact reason I've dialed back my involvement on here any assessment other than a positive one is viewed negatively...
I agree with your assessment of Lewis, but I have to say, the whole 'premiership player' comment is pretty irrelevant to his skill as a player.

Jarryd Blair was a premiership player at 20 years old, but isn't even close to being in the same league as Lewis as a player.

The only time I'd say it's worth mentioning someone is a premiership player is when referring to their experience, not skill imo.

Heresy don't dare mention Judd in comparison to one of our own.

I thought he should've kicked his head a little harder, maybe grabbed him by the hair and rub his face in the dirt.
Sorry but we are Collingwood and if you diss someone with integrity like luke ball you better expect some repercussions and Taylor took it upon himself to do the dirty work and teach that little s**t a lesson. Was nearly as good as a BBB piledriver. 100% behind TA on this one, and a big step up in respect and rating as far as I'm concerned. A few good enforcers on the side and you are that much more menacing on the field, makes a big difference.
Pretty certain you are just fishing for a reaction, so kudos for that. The thing is, I just can't support players from the club I love stooping to dog acts like that. Daisy's gone, he made his choice, life goes on and who gives a s$&@. What I do give a s$&@ about is our players playing hard, and fair. No need to encourage the next generation to snipe. I hope he buries players in tackles, no doubt, but there's no need to do what you highlight. There's nothing heroic or admirable about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back