Annoying goal celebrations

Remove this Banner Ad

I quite like the trademark Ben Cunnington kick the goal, turn and stare menacingly at approaching team mates before breaking into quick but genuine smile, accepting one head pat before jogging to the square cvelebration.

suVOjSA.gif

Not a goal celebration but...
Could also be saying your mothers a campaigner.

That flog could be in trouble if Dustys dad is onto it.

Yep, can't stand him. Went the Motlop type salute when he kicked the goal in the 2012 GF to put the Hawks in front in the 3rd quarter. It was the first thing he'd done all day and he soon hid back on the wing when things got tough for the Hawks in the home stretch...

If you can't get excited kicking the sealer in a GF when can you get excited?

It would have been far easier to just post "Stop teasing my Motlop!"

But less accurate. I just find it funny that most people on this forum (rightfully) hate how meaningless interviews with players have become, as they're all so tediously media-trained. Yet whenever a player dares act in any way unexpected or unique, they're pilloried. Guys like Jack Reiwoldt get lambasted and then the same people that lambast him have the temerity to whinge about "boring" footballers. It's funny to observe.

But less accurate. I just find it funny that most people on this forum (rightfully) hate how meaningless interviews with players have become, as they're all so tediously media-trained. Yet whenever a player dares act in any way unexpected or unique, they're pilloried. Guys like Jack Reiwoldt get lambasted and then the same people that lambast him have the temerity to whinge about "boring" footballers. It's funny to observe.

You do realise that for the handful of players that are getting mocked in this thread, there are literally hundreds of other players that aren't?

Carrying on after a goal isn't "unexpected or unique". All players celebrate after a goal - some just come across like absolute knobs while doing it. Acting like you're god's gift to football after converting a 30m set-shot from a chest mark doesn't make you a "personality".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise that for the handful of players that are getting mocked in this thread, there are literally hundreds of other players that aren't?

Carrying on after a goal isn't "unexpected or unique". All players celebrate after a goal - some just come across like absolute knobs while doing it. Acting like you're god's gift to football after converting a 30m set-shot from a chest mark doesn't make you a "personality".

Look, you're probably right. I'm pretty jack of this place at the moment and am taking my own bias/frustration into the thread. This place has always been primarily populated by nongs but it seems any hint of decent football talk has gone by the wayside as the main board has become the bay. A thread dedicated to potting players for something so minor just irritated me.

So I'll play along:

WORST: Treadrea's Bow
FUNNIEST/MOST AWKWARD: Harry Taylor's fist-pump

Just in general, I hate celebrations that involve getting in opposition supporters' faces. Idiots in the stands will be idiots and make obscene gestures.

Those same obscene gestures will be caught on camera and flashed on the television and newspapers for everyone to see. Because the media are equal morons.

And yes, I am a sadsack.

Was there a few times in the mid '90's where Geelong players were trying to do flips after a goal? I think Brad Sholl did a couple. Not annoying though, I just remember them being a bit unco.

Port could have filled a coffee table book with s**t celebrations during the '07 prelim.

Was there a few times in the mid '90's where Geelong players were trying to do flips after a goal? I think Brad Sholl did a couple. Not annoying though, I just remember them being a bit unco.

I think it was just the defenders,who I think had a goalkicking comp between them for the year

Have I posted here thinking the motlop twirl makes him look like a big flog?

Well. Hes twirled more than once so it deserves more than once posting :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back