Anti-AFL thread - post here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: NRL.....a joke

Originally posted by E.A.
What an eloquent argument you put forward tim. Eloquent for an Orang-u-tan anyway.

Collingwood v Sydney. What was the crowd? From memory, it was 70,000 odd. Nice. What were the TV ratings in Sydney and Brisbane on that match?

You can't find the ratings, because it didn't rate.

Rugby League isn't going anywhere and AFL is hanging on in Sydney and Brisbane only because the Swans and the Lions/Bears are successful at the moment.

When the "relocation allowance" is dropped and those two sides have to work from the same base as the Victorian teams, the slide will happen. And the fans who go to the matches will find something more exciting to do with their time. Probably learn Macrame.

And learn how to spell you Donkey.
Another moron who buys TV week and also votes for logies. Give yourself a pat on the back!!

Does anyone care what the ratings were, 70,000 people in Sydney to a game of AFL is HUGE. Something that they cant do in league, why?? Because it's boring as bat **** and no one cares.

Re: Re: Re: NRL.....a joke

Originally posted by Mickey

Because it's boring as bat **** and no one cares.

****. News travels slow down here. I hadn't heard that Rules had taken over as the number 1 code in Sydney.

Re: Re: Re: Re: NRL.....a joke

Originally posted by AuckMel
****. News travels slow down here. I hadn't heard that Rules had taken over as the number 1 code in Sydney.

He didn't say AFL is huge in Sydney.

He said 72K to a Home and Away game in Sydney is huge.

Not counting dbl headers and grand finals, not one home and away RL ever got that.

Recent NRL double headers are lucky to attract a 1/3 of the Swans attendances at Stadium Australia and that is even the case when thousands of free tickets are handed out at the Easter Show in the same vicinity of the stadium :D

Originally posted by Beaussie

Recent NRL double headers are lucky to attract a 1/3 of the Swans attendances at Stadium Australia

Look, I think it's terrific that the Swans attracted another 44,000+ neutrals to one of their games. I live in hope that the Storm can do that one day here.

Originally posted by AuckMel
Look, I think it's terrific that the Swans attracted another 44,000+ neutrals to one of their games. I live in hope that the Storm can do that one day here.

44,000+ neutrals :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Beaussie
44,000+ neutrals :rolleyes:

As has been said in another threads... ANd yourself included... Sydney people aren't much for week in and out footy (Attendence wise, there experts at watching it on TV thou), but go out in numbers too events... The Swan games at TS is an event. Helps when 10,000 collingwood supporters come up from Melbourne thou (Good on them!!!!).

ooooooo

well E.A wat do u have to say about the crowds??
nrl only gets a decent crowd (which is very rare) if its in sydney or brisbane, AFL gets decent crowds in Melbourne,Adelaide,Brisbane,Perth and sydney(which is very common). NRL isnt even nation-wide, mainlt its just 2 states (coz melbourne couldnt care less about the storm.

another thing, wat skills are there involved to play nrl? catch the ball and run and only sometimes kick. wow

in AFL u have to, bounce the ball, kick it (with many different types of kicks) handball, mark. it takes ALOT more skill to do a 30 meter drop punt and hit some one on the chest rather than throw the ball sideways 2 meters to a team mate.

and, kicking a goal from 50+ meters out is alot harder to run across a line....through opponents woop dee doo

AFL skills

Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble, Run like a sissy, Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble, Kick the ball to anywhere upfield, Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble
Fumble Fumble, Handpass, Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble
Hit somebody in the head while they aren't looking, Fumble Fumble Fumble
Dive on the loose ball a drop it again, Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Kick at goal and miss.
Ump throws ball over his head Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble
Fumble Fumble, Punch the ball Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble
Hit another player in backfield Fumble Fumble Fumble
Fumble Fumble Fumble Get kneed in the Head, Fumble Fumble
have a rest in backplay.

Originally posted by Le Rouge
AFL skills

Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble, Run like a sissy, Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble, Kick the ball to anywhere upfield, Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble
Fumble Fumble, Handpass, Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble
Hit somebody in the head while they aren't looking, Fumble Fumble Fumble
Dive on the loose ball a drop it again, Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble Kick at goal and miss.
Ump throws ball over his head Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble
Fumble Fumble, Punch the ball Fumble Fumble Fumble Fumble
Hit another player in backfield Fumble Fumble Fumble
Fumble Fumble Fumble Get kneed in the Head, Fumble Fumble
have a rest in backplay.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If ur gonna exaggerate, let me have a go too.

NRL skills:

be fat and run foward, stopped by fellow fatties after running 2 metres, fumble and wait for 5 minutes for a scrum, line break, run for 90 meters, get tackled, fumble, whole 90meter run wasted, 2 lines of men run into each other for another 70 minutes, crowd of about 50 fans go home. Admit it league fans, ur sport is dying.

Us swans are the last step in removing league from NSW.

whos having the last laugh mate...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Sid

NRL skills:

be fat and run foward, stopped by fellow fatties after running 2 metres, fumble and wait for 5 minutes for a scrum, line break, run for 90 meters, get tackled, fumble, whole 90meter run wasted, 2 lines of men run into each other for another 70 minutes, crowd of about 50 fans go home. Admit it league fans, ur sport is dying.

Dying? Record crowds and TV ratings last year and so far this year... crowds are even higher... YEAH LEAGUE IS DYING:rolleyes:

I think you were describing Union their not League... :p

Originally posted by Sid

I wasn't exaggerating. I gave an accurate account of a Netball with kicking match exactly.

Talk about exaggerations thats a golden one right there!!!!!

AFL fans have no right to come to the league board and criticise the sport. As with the AFL team boards, it is against the posting conditions on BigFooty. Please refrain from doing it in future or the information will be passed on to the administrators for further action.

Thank you
ODN

Originally posted by Sid

NRL skills:

Funny stuff mate.

You're going to need more than just the Swans to do that. Come back when AFL has about 5 or 6 sides in NSW.

Admit it no necks, nrl is doomed as the forces of good and freedom (AFL) are coming to liberate the oppressed people who have long been subjected to the brutal and boring commentaries by little rugby commentators.

We have it on good intellegence reports that Sydney has weapons of mass boredom stationed at various suburban grounds and controlled by News Ltd and Channel 9. The forces of AFL are gathering at the borders ready to free the oppressed anytime now!

Just in response to the title of this thread. I was wondering where are all those 80,000 Rabbitohs fans who marched down George St demanding they be re-admitted to the NRL?

Souths should have sellouts every week with such a massive supporter base.

Originally posted by MagpiePower
Admit it no necks, nrl is doomed as the forces of good and freedom (AFL) are coming to liberate the oppressed people who have long been subjected to the brutal and boring commentaries by little rugby commentators.

We have it on good intellegence reports that Sydney has weapons of mass boredom stationed at various suburban grounds and controlled by News Ltd and Channel 9. The forces of AFL are gathering at the borders ready to free the oppressed anytime now!

oooooook

Funny how there was a long line up at Parramatta Stadium to watch the Wabbits and Peels! Geez our training sesssions on Thursday nights at AFL get biggers crowds with no delays getting in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back