Any father-son/father-daughter picks coming up in the near future?

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter was my favourite player, I'd be gutted if Jordan decided not to play for us.

I think the fact the Jordan has grown up in Victoria likely makes a choice to move here a bigger deal. I mean that was an issue for Murphy, moving from home in Melbourne to Brisbane.

I think Peter has had some issues, at times, with the club - occasionally feeling like it didn't give him some of the opportunities it gave other former players. But I don't think that's a big deal at this point.

From my perspective the bigger issue is how good is Jordan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes

Marc Murphy knocked back Brisbane for example

"That's not the club my father played for". Pretty stark contrast to Brown with his old man.

Peter was my favourite player, I'd be gutted if Jordan decided not to play for us.

Peter left the club on good terms didn't he? I remember he toyed with going to Melbourne in the late 90's, but he stayed and retired in relatively happy circumstances iirc

Would be pretty gutting to have any FS that we would be willing to take to knock us back, let alone the son of one of our best.

Edit: Eagle87 seems to know more about Peter's relationship with the club, any specifics?

I think the fact the Jordan has grown up in Victoria likely makes a choice to move here a bigger deal. I mean that was an issue for Murphy, moving from home in Melbourne to Brisbane.

I think Peter has had some issues, at times, with the club - occasionally feeling like it didn't give him some of the opportunities it gave other former players. But I don't think that's a big deal at this point.

From my perspective the bigger issue is how good is Jordan?

Not being a smart arse but he's not good enough at this stage to be drafted. A lot can change in 12 months though.

"That's not the club my father played for". Pretty stark contrast to Brown with his old man.

Peter left the club on good terms didn't he? I remember he toyed with going to Melbourne in the late 90's, but he stayed and retired in relatively happy circumstances iirc

Would be pretty gutting to have any FS that we would be willing to take to knock us back, let alone the son of one of our best.

Edit: Eagle87 seems to know more about Peter's relationship with the club, any specifics?

All I'm aware of is some frustration with the club with regards to some coaching opportunities that he felt he would have liked to have.

I remember many years ago this was the cause of some annoyance but I've heard nothing beyond that for again many years..

Obviously Uncle Phil also was a bit annoyed with how things ended but he's gone on to bigger and better things.

Not being a smart arse but he's not good enough at this stage to be drafted. A lot can change in 12 months though.

Yes, he doesn't seem to have played much at the higher rep levels which has been put down at stages to injury and maybe ability ..

A bloke who is struggling to impact or even get into higher end underage teams would seem a fair way off being a father son pick.

Hence my question :)

Yes, he doesn't seem to have played much at the higher rep levels which has been put down at stages to injury and maybe ability ..

A bloke who is struggling to impact or even get into higher end underage teams would seem a fair way off being a father son pick.

Hence my question :)

Injury has definitely curtailed this season for him and he won't get back on the park again in 2014. A big pre season and you never know. Teenagers can improve out of nowhere. The talent is there.

Even if Jordan doesn't have a good year next year I would like to at least rookie list him . I would much prefer he blitzes it !

Have watched 4 under 18s champs games this year and Jordan only once (admittedly only school footy), but can see he has more ability than a lot of the guys representing their state. He looks like he needs an extended run of footy with out injury or niggles to shine.

Injury has definitely curtailed this season for him and he won't get back on the park again in 2014. A big pre season and you never know. Teenagers can improve out of nowhere. The talent is there.
This season and last season. He is good enough to get drafted too btw, have you seen some of the crap that make it on to AFL lists?

This season and last season. He is good enough to get drafted too btw, have you seen some of the crap that make it on to AFL lists?

There are some genuine spuds that make it on to AFL lists. Jordan can play, no doubt about that. He carved up a game of TAC Cup footy early this season for Sandy Dragons and was in good form for his school, Brighton Grammar, before a severe ankle injury put an end to his year.

There are some genuine spuds that make it on to AFL lists. Jordan can play, no doubt about that. He carved up a game of TAC Cup footy early this season for Sandy Dragons and was in good form for his school, Brighton Grammar, before a severe ankle injury put an end to his year.
I heard he injured his ankle, didn't know it was that bad though. Do you know what injury he had last year that kept him out for a large chunk of the year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In regards to the matera's, knowing them reasonably well both Peter and Phil have personalities which can grate on people. As much as I love them as players having had dealingd with them in business and personally they are both quite arrogant and self absorbed. No, or being told to do something isn't something that runs well with them. They also tend to think they know everything about everything and don't take advice well. I'm not surprised if over a 20 year period they have had some run-ins with people at the club.

What's the deal with Matera saying it's up to Jordan whether he plays at WC or not? Does the player have to agree to be a father son?
The following line is even more concerning, you'd think that a former player would at least want their sons to play at their former club (at least for sentimental reasons). Certainly makes it seem like he doesn't really have a good relationship with the club anymore (or isn't overly fond of it).
It doesn’t really matter to me where he plays, if he is going to make it as long as it is in the AFL.

585082-39fc05f0-0d5e-11e4-b832-315b08e711dd.jpg

"Can you guess whose sonny this Eagles fan pictured with Eric Mackenzie is?"

What?

Not that it really matters, but that bloke works for the Eagles doing clinics etc. He was a couple of years behind me at school. I suppose that makes him a couple of years older than EMAC who also went to Christ Church.

The following line is even more concerning, you'd think that a former player would at least want their sons to play at their former club (at least for sentimental reasons). Certainly makes it seem like he doesn't really have a good relationship with the club anymore (or isn't overly fond of it).

I wouldn't stress. Jordan is a WCE fan and both he and his dad are always at the club early in the year when they have the Father son camp that WCE have. I dare say he said to that to not put pressure on his son if he gets drafted.

I wouldn't stress. Jordan is a WCE fan and both he and his dad are always at the club early in the year when they have the Father son camp that WCE have. I dare say he said to that to not put pressure on his son if he gets drafted.

Yeah and I'm sure he wouldn't mind being drafted by us and living with his dad for a bit. It'd beat ending up in S.A or brissy or wherever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back