Any father-son/father-daughter picks coming up in the near future?

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone can be a recruiter, Been a good one is a different story, Like most things said on this Forum take it with a grain of salt
I was just surprised people find it hard to believe some have come into contact with recruiters. It's not like they're hermit Hollywood actors.

Speaking to or knowing a recruiter isn't really a hard thing to do or believe I wouldn't have thought. It's not like anyone is saying they have contacts at the White House or Vatican.

Pretty much this, every sides has them in every state.

My old man is friends with a recruiter who said Waterman would make a good Wafl player, but him and other recruiters are not convinced he will be able to keep up to the pace of an AFL game,

Twomey says that's there attitude, Re: his pace. But the game is full of slower inside midfielders, and his burst speed is being under rated.

Too big a body for the WAFL. Would be Claremonts largest midfielder.

I'm Spartacus and waterman will be a solid pick up. Whatever pick we need to use it will be fair value given the way the F/S system works. Rival clubs are only going to bid what they think he's worth and aren't going to put a bid in just to force our hand in case we decide not to take him

I'm Spartacus and waterman will be a solid pick up. Whatever pick we need to use it will be fair value given the way the F/S system works. Rival clubs are only going to bid what they think he's worth and aren't going to put a bid in just to force our hand in case we decide not to take him
I think Bond007 also mentioned a while back that unless a kid is rated a top 30 prospect there is almost an 'unwritten rule' that clubs let said player slide from a father-son perspective, not being petty enough to bid third or fourth round picks in most instances.

That could also explain why he has slid in many mock drafts etc too.

Edit: wrong tag - BOND 007

Last edited:
I think Bond007 also mentioned a while back that unless a kid is rated a top 30 prospect there is almost an 'unwritten rule' that clubs let said player slide from a father-son perspective, not being petty enough to bid third or fourth round picks in most instances.

Wrong tag ;)

Why did WC bid for McDonald (I think that's the right spelling) from NM, last year! We may have set a precedent that other clubs may follow.

Why did WC bid for McDonald (I think that's the right spelling) from NM, last year! We may have set a precedent that other clubs may follow.

Because he was rated top 30.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he was absolutely worth a first round pick and fit our needs nicely, even if he had spent the last year training with North. We weren't even the only club to bid our first-rounder for him.

It will interesting to see what happens, as Waterman was ranked much higher than 30 at the start of the year.

Waterman was rated the second best mid in the draft, when we get him cheap we can thank the club for hiding him in the colts.

Good write up on Alec waterman. Pretty much sums up what everyone been saying

http://boundforglorynews.com/2014-draft-profile-alec-waterman/

Except for "well below average speed". His testing time was 3.02 seconds for 20m. Far from below average, light years away from "well below". Hell guys like Lennon, Bontempelli, Cripps and Matt Crouch ran over 3.15 last year and went in the top 20. I think his endurance needs work and his extended speed but that can be taught over afew pre-seasons more easily than that initial burst. I'm glad people have this perception of him though, means it looks like we get a bargain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back