Opinion ANZ Stadium attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Flogging double passes off and giving away tickets tomorrow in Sydney.

Shame that they have to do that , hope they get decent crowd

If the AFL were smart they'd offer 2 for 1 deals to every Sydney and North member day 1. Then discounted tickets to every registered local footy club player in the state. Pack the stands.

Just heard the club expect 40k.

Pitiful for a preliminary final, hope this raises some eyebrows at the AFL.

The dogs should have been barking after the PF in 2012, when we got a crowd of only 57,000 against Collingwood. That was a minor miracle given our pathetic record against them at ANZ.

But I think there's a perfect storm brewing here - ridiculous ticket prices, an opponent with virtually no profile or support base in Sydney, and the constant jihad against the venue.

I wouldn't be surprised if the crowd ended up with a "3" in front of it.

well, the generous 4 bays of sub-$100 seating sold out within 30 minutes for parties greater than 2. Will have to watch this one from home.

For the money of a ticket I can watch it on my big screen from the comfort of my leather recliner by the fire with the dog curled at my feet, a slab of premium ice cold beer, a dozen oysters, a kilo of King prawns, half a crayfish and a loaf of crusty bread without rushing like a crazy man to make a Friday night game after a long days work while grimlock sits in the nose bleeds getting soaked by torrential rain eating cold pies and soggy chips and I will be in bed 5 mins after the final siren and be up bright and early for work on Saturday morning, but hey that makes me a lesser supporter (yeah Im still dirty about being generally labelled a disgrace even though the thread title has been changed lol).. Id love to watch the game live but its not always the best option for everyone.
Nothing wrong with watching from home mate don't feel bad about it.

Last edited:
Just heard we have 41,000 tickets unsold - On The Couch.

Swans lose - crowd doesn't turn up

Swans win - crowd doesn't turn up.

What's happened? This is a serious problem that needs to be fixed. Gaping areas of empty seats in a preliminary final, when the team is in the shape it's in right now is embarrassing.

I understand the ticket prices aren't great, but come on, it's roughly $10 more than in 2012.

I don't like ANZ either, but the "too far, too hard to get to" excuse is pathetic, get to the ******* game and support your team!

2012 prices were an outrage though. Cat 1 in NRL that year were $95. Cat 4 this year are $72.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the record I also implore fans to get along if they can I was just commenting on my personal situation and being labelled a 'disgrace' for not attending..

That's ok, most reasonable posters understand that not everyone is able to attend.

Still, I hope that any Swans fan in Sydney who is even vaguely thinking about going to the game, decides to go - home preliminary finals don't come along all that often!

There's suddenly some Category 5 tickets available, but it's spitting out Level 3 tickets which are Category 1 tickets. It's probably a huge utensil up by Ticketek so jump in before they rectify it!

J_Moore ?

Edit: Doing further investigation, you can't get more than 3 "Cat 5" tickets but if you select "Cat 4" you can get up to 10, also allocating Level 3 tickets.

Na can't be surely. Stadium holds 82k doesn't it, so should mean 41k have sold.

You're forgetting ANZ members, who account for about 18,000 seats.

82,000 capacity - 18,000 members - 41,000 unsold = 23,000 sold

I don't like ANZ either, but the "too far, too hard to get to" excuse is pathetic, get to the ******* game and support your team!

I admire your idealism. You don't see it that often in Sydney...oops, you're from South Melbourne.

For the record I also implore fans to get along if they can I was just commenting on my personal situation and being labelled a 'disgrace' for not attending..

Of course some people cannot attend for individual situations, nothing against those, that's life.

But where is everyone else?

I have to sit on a plane full of ******* Norf supporters for 4 hours round trip, surely 45 minutes on a train to ANZ a handful of times a year isn't hard.

Not wanting to get personal but I implore Swans fans dithering over pricing to attend this game. $100 is a lot of money. But Prelims aren't an every year expense.

Mate if the Swans get up I'm slugged somewhere between 300-400 for GF tickets, plus flights, and so are my mates. If the AFL wants to price a prelim final as almost 3 times as expensive as a H&A game for equivalent seats, this s**t will happen.

The probability is Sydney will win this game. That $500+ plus is likely coming out of my account on Saturday morning. Can't really justify spending 3 figures on average seats that retail for $40 in the main season. I'd happily pay peanuts for s**t seats to fill out the stands, but I don't have that option.

If they opened up the remaining Cat 4 seats on the top tier, I'd have a go at those. But they haven't, at least not today. The fact there are those seats available, but they're not being sold, is especially galling.

Last edited:
There's suddenly some Category 5 tickets available, but it's spitting out Level 3 tickets which are Category 1 tickets. It's probably a huge utensil up by Ticketek so jump in before they rectify it!

J_Moore ?

Edit: Doing further investigation, you can't get more than 3 "Cat 5" tickets but if you select "Cat 4" you can get up to 10, also allocating Level 3 tickets.

Cheers grim, I'll have a look tomorrow. Another round of text messages and emails awaits.

You're forgetting ANZ members, who account for about 18,000 seats.

82,000 capacity - 18,000 members - 41,000 unsold = 23,000 sold

PAX number for my tickets this afternoon were 29808 and 29809 so I dunno how that discrepancy can be completely explained but selling around 25-30k on the Monday alone must be a decent result. Throw in some ANZ members and a 40k crowd looks like a solid proposition, hopefully more.

Stay away from the game and send a message. :thumbsu: If we could keep it below the 2008 crowd of 19,127, that would be good and if we could get below our previous worst of 17,503 for a final, that would be perfect. In any case, I would hate to see it creep above the worst finals crowd at the SCG of 36,076.

J_Moore ?

Thanks for the tip. It's put us in bay 320 which is marked as a category 1 in the seating map so I'm not quite sure what the story is. I guess it must be part of the Telstra promo too?

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip, my mate managed to pick us up a family pass for $150 that can apparently be used for 4 adults. It's put us in bay 320 which is marked as a category 1 in the seating map so I'm not quite sure what the story is. I guess it must be part of the Telstra promo too?
No this is separate from the Telstra promo. A bit dodgy using a family pass for 4 adults though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back