Banter Anzac Day Wager....

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers won't get anywhere near it this week. Takes some effort to be smashed at contested ball to Caaaaaaaaaaaaarlton. :D The Bombers are so courageous though. No other club fits the bill better to be playing ANZAC Day - just so, so brave.

Carlton v North Melbourne, July 18, 2014.

Contested Possessions:
Carlton: 124
North: 113

Tackles:
Carlton: 64
North: 61

Centre Clearances:
Carlton: 19
North: 11

sideshow-bob-steps-on-rakes-o.gif

4 from memory?

Wasn't the goals kicked that was the impressive part, was the absolute aerial dominance.
Umm.. Jake Carlisle kicked no goals (not 4) last ANZAC day, had 8 disposals at 37.5% DE. 3 clangers from 8 disposals, 4 marks (1 was contested). All from 86% game time.

I'm no doctor, but I'd be going to get tested for alzheimers if I were you.

Absolutely NO aerial dominance.

Umm.. Jake Carlisle kicked no goals last ANZAC day, had 8 disposals at 37.5% DE. 3 clangers from 8 disposals, 4 marks (1 was contested).

I'm no doctor, but I'd be going to get tested for alzheimers if I were you.

Absolutely NO aerial dominance.

My mistake, was the return game.

The way he dominated a very much injured Nick Maxwell was incredible.

Who's fault is it that your tall depth was so poor you had to play Maxwell on him?

Yes, we have frost and brown this time
Moore will wipe that pathetic mo off danihers face if he plays

Ya think Moore is a match for Daniher eh? Good luck with that.

Personally I'd think the likeliest route to a Pie victory will be through dominating the midfield, because I quite genuinely think you don't have a winning 'tall' matchup anywhere on the park.

Personally I'd think the likeliest route to a Pie victory will be through dominating the midfield, because I quite genuinely think you don't have a winning 'tall' matchup anywhere on the park.

Big call

Who is this joker? Surely baiting..

Yeah, trying not to be too hyperbolic about it, but having a think about it, I don't think its a terrible call.

I mean I'm sure on game day one or two of your talls will get the upper hand just because thats what happens in an actual game; but:

Bellchambers v Grundy
Daniher v Moore
Carlisle v Brown
Hooker v Cloke
Hurley v White

Is it that unreasonable to favour the Bomber player in all matchups?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, trying not to be too hyperbolic about it, but having a think about it, I don't think its a terrible call.

I mean I'm sure on game day one or two of your talls will get the upper hand just because thats what happens in an actual game; but:

Bellchambers v Grundy
Daniher v Moore
Carlisle v Brown
Hooker v Cloke
Hurley v White

Bellchambers v Grundy - Grundy
Daniher v Moore - ?? Is Moore playing
Carlisle v Brown - Even
Hooker v Cloke - Cloke
Hurley v White - Hurley

Bellchambers v Grundy - Grundy
Daniher v Moore - ?? Is Moore playing
Carlisle v Brown - Even
Hooker v Cloke - Cloke
Hurley v White - Hurley

Ha ha, we'll have to agree to STRONGLY disagree on those first four.

And as for Moore, I only put him there because it was suggested he could beat Daniher.

Ha ha, we'll have to agree to STRONGLY disagree on those first four.

And as for Moore, I only put him there because it was suggested he could beat Daniher.
Are you serious? Grundy hands down, we won't even need a second ruck.
Cloke to kick 4 or more hands down.
What is your problem, I gave you one?;)

4 from memory?

Wasn't the goals kicked that was the impressive part, was the absolute aerial dominance.
That wasn't Anzac Day, was hardly sighted that day. It was later in the year he played well, probably cause he was playing against a vfl side with the amount of injuries we had

Bellchambers v Grundy
Daniher v Moore
Carlisle v Brown
Hooker v Cloke
Hurley v White

Not sure if you're joking. Grundy has been a beast this year and I suspect he will at least halve the contest with Bellchambers. Moore won't play so that's academic. Daniher may get Frost who will more than adequately shut him out. Brown will do well enough on Carlisle and Hooker won't be within cooee of Cloke. I'll give you Hurley but he may well be opposed to Gault so you'd need to find someone for White. I reckon it's a huge call when our midfield dominance comes into play.

Bellchambers v Grundy
Daniher v Moore
Carlisle v Brown
Hooker v Cloke
Hurley v White

I'm comfortable with those match ups.

Are you serious? Grundy hands down, we won't even need a second ruck.
Cloke to kick 4 or more hands down.
What is your problem, I gave you one?;)

Deathly serious. I would think Bellchambers would be a SUBSTANTIALLY higher regarded player than Grundy ATM.

Not that I don't rate Grundy, think he'll be a gun.

We won't be carrying a second ruck either - haven't done all this year.

As for Cloke, he might kick four because actual games don't go the way we suggest they will. But on form alone you'd say Hooker (or even Hurley) would give him an absolute bath.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back