ARIA Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Re: ARIA Awards

Originally posted by magicman
They have had to work so hard for so long to get where they are, something Delta wouldn't know about. She's pretty much had it handed to her on a plate. How else do you get so big by the age of 18.

Exactly. Delta could put out the most awful song possible and it would still make no.1.

Sympathy vote

What a load of crap

Delta's got a heap of talent. She deserves everything she gets and more

Go Delta

It's funny how when people question Delta's talent one of the defence tactics is "She plays the piano."

Oh my god, someone actually plays the piano! Good grief! I teach people how to play the piano, when are they going to get an ARIA?

Originally posted by Stevo
Oh my god, someone actually plays the piano! Good grief! I teach people how to play the piano, when are they going to get an ARIA?
How about when they sell a few ****ing records.

While the ARIAs are entirely market driven, it doesn't mean you have no talent if you win one. It just means you have a good agent, are Australian and play mainstream crud.

Talent is an independent issue. Delta does have some.

Originally posted by Porthos
How about when they sell a few ****ing records.

While the ARIAs are entirely market driven, it doesn't mean you have no talent if you win one. It just means you have a good agent, are Australian and play mainstream crud.

Talent is an independent issue. Delta does have some.

I agree completely. Just making the point that playing the piano is not the outrageous feat of thaumaturgy that some are making it out to be!

Originally posted by Stevo
I agree completely. Just making the point that playing the piano is not the outrageous feat of thaumaturgy that some are making it out to be!

You are spot on. It reminds me of a letter to the editor I read in Herald Sun's Hit magazine a while back where a young Avril Lavigne fan was rebutting some Avril criticism by saying how talented she is, and her main triumphant argument was "and she actually has the ability to sing live!" This is what the cretins who run the music industry have reduced us to, we live in an age where people think it's a noteworthy achievement for a professional singer to actually have the ability to sing! In regards to Delta then, I have to agree with most of the previous posts in that it is somewhat of an anomaly for a charting female "artist" to possess even a shred of actual musical ability. So good on her. I guess?? Maybe not, I don't know how much respect I can really pay her considering how god-awful her music is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back