Artists generally considered good, but you hate

Remove this Banner Ad

Please tell me how Dave Grohl and Eddie Vedder are 'a complete ****ing idiot full of self importance'?

Don't go getting all offended because an anonymous person on the interwebs doesn't hero worship the same people as you.

Pixies
Sonic Youth

Cant say I hate them, both bands are indie legends and anybody worth their salt is supposed to rate them highly, but I never really got these bands........especially Sonic Youth, theres only so much feedback a man can handle. Pixies had one or two great songs but I could never sit through an album, let alone a gig.
Wont give up on them though, will keep trying, it took me ages to get Nirvana and even longer to get Iggy Pop.

Agree about Sonic Youth, always thought they were overrated and never really got the hype about them. Pixies are a different story though, more underrated than overrated and they have more than one or two great songs.

Don't go getting all offended because an anonymous person on the interwebs doesn't hero worship the same people as you.

I don't think there's offended involved but just a fair question.
What is it you detest Grohl and Vedder for? I'm also interested.

Watched Pearl Jams 20 the other week.
Pretty endearing characters, I would have thought.

not hate, but I don't particularly like or have any interest in

AC/DC, Rolling Stones, Guns N Roses, U2, Coldplay, Muse, Pink Floyd (but love the wall), Nirvana, Queen, Red Hot Chili Peppers (I like their old guitarist), THE DOORS.

I don't know if anyone actually considers them good, but they are popular - Coldplay.

Also Muse, KOL, Radiohead. Just don't get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The National are morose miserable and bloody terrible IMO

Not at all a fan of Radiohead either. Or Bon Iver. Angus and Julia Stone.

beatles, rolling stones, led zeppelin, pink floyd, u2, radiohead, metal noise pollution whatever...

99.99% of white rock n roll music does not elicit any emotional response from me. It goes in 1 ear and come out, leaving me wondering what the fudge all the fuss was about.

Guns N Roses
AC/DC
Kasabian
The Wombats
Powderfinger/RHCP/Foo Fighters/Green Day/The Offspring (few ok tracks from each though)
James Blake
Sonic Youth
Kings of Leon

not that big on Aphex Twin either

I have no hate for anyone here...I am talking about music only.

Arctic Monkeys
The White Stripes
Foo Fighters
Radiohead
Coldplay
Rush
Susan Boyle (seriously...horrible voice, barely passable as a torch-songtress)
Chilli Peppers
The Killers
Mumford and Sons
Bjork
Tori Amos
Oasis

I could go on and on with this it seems...

There are some completely befuddling suggestions being offered up here.

The Red Hot Chilli Peppers are the greatest band of all time!

That's the beauty of music!

3 of my favourite bands/artists of all time have been thrown up in this thread but I just figure it's peoples taste and you can't do much about it.

How was my question being offended?

Are you going to give us an answer? I'd like to know why you think they're like that when the majority of music followers would say they're quite nice people.

Understand the others you listed, but not sure why Vedder and Grohl are included.

Solo Eric Clapton just doesn't appeal to me. I am a Cream and Yardbirds fan, but other than that, it's kinda boring stuff.

Radiohead's first 3 or 4 albums were good, but anything after OK Computer just seems like beeps recorded in Yorke's bathtub.

Not sure what kind of boundaries they were pushing that Kraftwerk or Chicago House in the 80's didn't.

Pretty much saw Kid A's critical acclaim consisting of UK music journalists thumbing their nose and dismissing those who didn't like it as 'simple minded' or just general 'apes'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back