Thursday Jan 22 @ AAMI Park. 6.30pm KO EDT

CHINA V AUSTRALIA
Thursday Jan 22 @ Lang Park. 9.30pm KO EDT

IRAN V IRAQ
Friday Jan 23 @ Bruce Stadium. 5.30pm KO EDT

JAPAN V UAE
Friday Jan 23 @ Olympic Stadium. 8.30pm KO EDT

Last edited:

Well that at least works out well for those of us who purchased tickets for the Melbourne Quarter-Final not really expecting that Australia wouldn't be playing in it... :$

Does anyone know if there are any extra train services Thursday night from brisbane?
According to official timetables, and translink, there are no extra ones requested by the event organisers.

If the game finishes after 90 mins, it should be fine, but if it goes to extra time or penalties, it could finish after the last train services.

Who is event organiser? FFA? Suncorp stadium? Who to speak?
Last thing I want is to be stranded at brisbane and not able to get back to the Gold Coast....

I can't figure out why the kickoff times are an hour earlier on the second day

I think they can get away with a later kick off in the first night because of the hour difference between Queensland and the others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, the late kick off time is because everyone involved is completely incompetent and designed to infuriate football forum users so they can bleat about it. It's a conspiracy man.

Or it might be because they need to try and fit two games in over 5-6 hours on a week night the best way possible and with 8.30pm kick offs. Unfortunately this means 9.30pm for ONE NIGHT for EDT people because it's played in Brisbane. They've done well with what they've had to deal with to be honest.

Yes, the late kick off time is because everyone involved is completely incompetent and designed to infuriate football forum users so they can bleat about it. It's a conspiracy man.

Or it might be because they need to try and fit two games in over 5-6 hours on a week night the best way possible and with 8.30pm kick offs. Unfortunately this means 9.30pm for ONE NIGHT for EDT people because it's played in Brisbane. They've done well with what they've had to deal with to be honest.
I would have thought that tomorrow's kick off times would have more suited tonight, a weeknight, and tonight kick off times would have suited tomorrow...

Does anyone know if there are any extra train services Thursday night from brisbane?
According to official timetables, and translink, there are no extra ones requested by the event organisers.

If the game finishes after 90 mins, it should be fine, but if it goes to extra time or penalties, it could finish after the last train services.

Who is event organiser? FFA? Suncorp stadium? Who to speak?
Last thing I want is to be stranded at brisbane and not able to get back to the Gold Coast....

Suncorp facebook page said they have organised buses and trains if it goes later.

First final and ET. Both teams easily could have had at least a goal a piece. Uzbek keeper has bee great tonight. Hard to pick a winner. Penalties?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back