Socceroos World Cup Qualifier Asian Play-Off Australia V United Arab Emirates

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a case of let see what happens. It’s really about the back 4. Arnold can’t have a back 3 and leak awful goals on the right.
Central back 3 with 2 wingbacks could be the way to go. Mooy can be DM with Hrustic and Irvine in the middle. Leckie need to be more switched on, he’s a valuable option on the right with Boyle on the left.

Good to see goals from general play. Really wish we had Rogic though.

Ange would be having this squad go all out attack. Instead Arnold will try and be negative, on the back foot gameplan
And we never got any sort of result against any decent opposition away from home under Ange. We might have had a bit more possession and build up play but in the end the avenue to goal almost always reverted back to pinging balls at Cahills head.

There seems to have been a whole lot of revisionist history of how the Socceroos went under Ange. The same with the 3 at the back stuff. We tried it for 10+ matches under Ange and we looked absolutely awful. The players simply didn't know how to play it.

And we never got any sort of result against any decent opposition away from home under Ange. We might have had a bit more possession and build up play but in the end the avenue to goal almost always reverted back to pinging balls at Cahills head.

There seems to have been a whole lot of revisionist history of how the Socceroos went under Ange. The same with the 3 at the back stuff. We tried it for 10+ matches under Ange and we looked absolutely awful. The players simply didn't know how to play it.
Agreed. It was good but not as great people remembered.

Ange played a few young players in that 2014 world cup. Got lucky in the 2015 Asian cup win. Don't get me wrong I loved it here when Australia hosted it.

Japan choked and Australia did just enough to beat South Korea in the final

Agreed. It was good but not as great people remembered.

Ange played a few young players in that 2014 world cup. Got lucky in the 2015 Asian cup win. Don't get me wrong I loved it here when Australia hosted it.

Japan choked and Australia did just enough to beat South Korea in the final

Asian cup and australias win was a triumph actually, pity we think it’s beneath us, when clearly it’s not so

Remove this Banner Ad

Back