Socceroos Australia's 2022 World Cup Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My keepers would be Langerak, Ryan and Gauci, take Gauci for the experience how often has the third choice keeper ever been needed at a World Cup.

Rogic only has himself to blame really, could have stayed at Celtic been playing consistently and in the Champions League.

I still think Ange necked Rogic and Bitton personally to free up wage budget for summer signings. They were both on big wages for squad players and ultimately didn't suit Ange's system even if they did both have decent seasons last year.

I doubt Rogic cared about the WC given he ghosted Arnie around the playoffs.

Langerak is only a strange omission because they tried to coax him out of retirement.

Personally if you are not going to commit to the qualifying cycle I don't think you should be able to waltz in johnny come lately and go to the WC. Redmayne saved the penalty he deserves to be there as #3, unlikely to see game time anyway.

Langerak is only a strange omission because they tried to coax him out of retirement.

Personally if you are not going to commit to the qualifying cycle I don't think you should be able to waltz in johnny come lately and go to the WC. Redmayne saved the penalty he deserves to be there as #3.

Except Langerak had very legit reasons for not playing in the qualifiers, Japan's COVID rules meant he wouldn't be able to get back into the country if he left.

Great move on Rogic and Sainsbury but didnt think they'd do it.

Give McGree time instead imo. Surprised by Baccus selection? Or am i underrating him?

Not a fan of Behic. Also surprised by Vuk over Lang

Such a meh squad. Rogic and Arzani offers creativity. Already experienced. Arnold chose a weied time to be ruthless, sending a message
Arzani is s**t. He offers nothing. Rogic is barely fit and slow as a crab (more than usual). Both would’ve been poor selections.

Lol I know right- Arzani has done sweet * all to get a call up and Rogic has been crap for a while now. Overall the squad doesn't fill me with much enthusiasm but it's probably close to the best Arnold could've selected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rogic would be nice off the bench if his fitness kept progressing but we have gone past him as a starter. Not fussed either way.

Sainsbury should’ve stayed in Belgium.

Arnie did alright.

Tilio a bit stiff to miss out but otherwise probably the best squad we realistically have, we obviously lack a bit of speed up front.

Wingers probably look like our quickest players.

Wonder if Duke will play a Viduka style holding striker.

Struggling to see where the goals come from. Set piece is probably our best bet, not sure if open play will be fruitful at all

Just play the kids.
The squad sucks, I dont think we will score a goal, unless someone fouls us in the box and we get a pen.

Based on that, I hope this WC has an eye for the future, give some of the younger talent good minutes so that our chances to play better football at the next world cup are better, cause we are 0% chance to progress from this group.

The squad sucks, I dont think we will score a goal, unless someone fouls us in the box and we get a pen.

Based on that, I hope this WC has an eye for the future, give some of the younger talent good minutes so that our chances to play better football at the next world cup are better, cause we are 0% chance to progress from this group.
This is my belief. Especially when the world cup becomes almost a guarantee with the new qualifying rules. I reckon Denmark/France is almost a lock so they've gone for an "exposure" tactic with an attempt to get this squad exposed and eventually playing in the big leagues to kick-start our next golden generation.

Arzani... I can't believe people wanting him in the squad. His done SFA in the pass 2-3 years, struggled big time in every club his try at since he did his knee at Celtic....

My question is ( yeah I know let's just worry about this years World Cup ) but who are our up coming Goal Keepers behind these 3?
Ryan is struggling game time, but the over 2 all mid 30s, there is no real young names jumping out, as our Goal Keepers for years has been our biggest strength

Exactly I'd be playing/starting Kuol, Atkinson, McGree, King every game. Couldn't care less if we lose every game. Just want to see some attacking youthful exuberance.

GK: Ryan
DEF: King, Souttar, Degenek, Atkinson
MID: Kuol, Hrustic, McGree, Mabil
FWD: Boyle, Mclaren

Need to move past Irvine, Behich, Leckie and even Mooy. Although I get the feeling all of those players will start.

My question is ( yeah I know let's just worry about this years World Cup ) but who are our up coming Goal Keepers behind these 3?
Ryan is struggling game time, but the over 2 all mid 30s, there is no real young names jumping out, as our Goal Keepers for years has been our biggest strength

Cameron Cook can be in the conversation if Zadkovich would drop the s**t dinosaur Reddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back