Socceroos World Cup Qualifier Intercontinental Play-Off Peru V Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic moment during our 3rd penalty - whilst the Peruvian goalkeeper was in goal Redmayne went over to the Peruvian goalkeepers water bottle and ripped off a list of our goaltakers preferred penalties takes that was stuck on the bottle - screwed up the list threw it over the fence as well as the water bottle - after we scored the 3rd pen the Peru goalkeeper went to find his water bottle and couldn't find it and was checking everywhere whilst getting brutally mocked by the Aussie crowd.

Redmayne wasn't only playing games on the goal line

Dam , dudes a legend

Redmayne played the ultimate mind game heading into Peru's last penalty almost earning himself a card but it certainly got into the penalty takers head.
Mabil had a similar situation but ignored their goalkeeper and you could see hr was thinking about what needed to be done.
We outpsyched them when it counted 😊

When is the

Peru had a header hit the bar in ET I think. That would've been devastating. I was pretty surprised at generally how tame they looked, really expected them to threaten more.

They stood up pretty well defensively though, which I expected based on their recent scorelines in other matches.

The ghost of Aloisi directed it 😀

Redmayne played the ultimate mind game heading into Peru's last penalty almost earning himself a card but it certainly got into the penalty takers head.
Mabil had a similar situation but ignored their goalkeeper and you could see hr was thinking about what needed to be done.
We outpsyched them when it counted 😊
I was worried when Redmayne went full troll mode.
No one gives a s**t about getting a yellow in that situation, but what's the worst that could happen? Was their any risk of a red?

I was worried when Redmayne went full troll mode.
No one gives a s**t about getting a yellow in that situation, but what's the worst that could happen? Was their any risk of a red?

That ref seemed like he just wanted to get out of there so he was unpredictable.

Mabil was special. Peruvian GK was doing lowball psychological games.
Took the ball, then pointed at the spot to let the referee know, slowly goes back to not his spot but to get his bottle and have a drink. Dries his hands, walks slowly to in between goals. Went on for ages.
Mabil just stated composed, knew where he was putting it and slotted the penalty. The celebration after that was perfect.

Goalkeeper targeted him and it showed what Mabil was made of. I was kind of worried about his nerves when Mabil rechecked the ball on the spot again but as he was walking back it seemed like the attempted psych-out by the opposition captain made him more determined to score.

Obviously they're all important goals in a penalty shoot-out and Goodwin, Hrustic and McLaren got the job done with aplomb. I thought the other high pressure one was Mooy's goal coming after the first miss when Peru was 1 up. Thought Mooy looked stuffed on the field before the 90 was up and I wondered if he had the energy but he hit a power strike in the same spot that Boyle aimed at.

Last edited:
Another thing I will give Arnold credit for, picking Rowles over Degenek at CB looked a risky choice, but he more than rose to the occasion. Sainsbury will struggle to get his spot back after that, especially if Soutter recovers in time.

Rowles was Man of the Match for
mine.

Also loved Mabil when he came on, Mooy was lion-hearted, Irvine worked his socks off.

Penalty shootout be damned, it was an excellent performance by our boys this morning.

They’d been written off by everyone - myself included - and they played brilliantly.

Couldn‘t be prouder.

Has the rule of the keeper needing to stay on his line gone out the window in a penalty shootout?
Not being smart, genuine question.
Nothing in the IFAB laws says the GK has to be stationary. Only that at least one foot has to be on or behind the line when the penalty is struck. VAR was rechecking each penalty for any potential breach. All were given the all clear. The Referee was warning both GKs for delaying the penalties by not being ready in position.

That keeper knew what he was doing all along.

He trolled everyone. You, me, the entire Peru side, the media, the people's in the stadium, the people who watched on tv. Everyone.
Redmayne did the exact same thing for Sydney FC in the 2019 A-league GF against Perth Glory. So A-league watchers knew the Wiggles routine was coming ;) .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our boys we're cool as cucumbers for there penalties surprised me.We got to November to further improve and find a few new players which is good.

I've just learnt and there is vision of it that Redmayne had seen the Peru keeper looking at a cheat sheet remarks written on his water bottle as to how each penalty taker would take their penalty

Redmayne when it was his turn in goal picks up the keepers water bottle walks to the fence and throws it high in the stand. Hilarious. The Peru keeper is then seen in goal looking around for the bottle and his cheat sheet

LEGEND

🤣

Surprised how much confidence people had in Peru. They are better but we're hardly unbeatable.

Did you say as much before the game?

You should have seen this place over the past week or so.

People carrying on like Peru are Brazil, some shambolic takes, it was comical then and even more comical now.

Where do these people get their football information? For the bin.

This thread was embarassing towards the end of ET and first few penalties...

It was embarrassing for the entire week leading up to this match.

I honestly believe the lockdowns (and other pandemic things) have done a number on Aussie peoples brains.

I've never seen so many negative nancies and self s**t talkers in Australia in all my life.

Plenty of people should be embarrassed by the tripe they've been talking about the national team.

I'm serious: these people should be embarrassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back