Opinion Assistant coaches 2015 (and beyond...)

Remove this Banner Ad

I am reasonably confident the contract extension was an apology for Tippettgate and its sanctions. It was and is still really difficult to rate Sanderson's performance.

...but I will leave it for the Sando thread.
I have little doubt you are correct in saying Sando's extension was because of Tippett-gate. Just shows how bad our last CEO was, as this (guilt) should not have been a reason for extending a coaches contract.

Without Bailey, it was evident Sando is not up to being a senior coach. Not all assistant coaches have the ability to step up to be a senior coach & it is clear Sando lacks the high level of management skills needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I anxiously await the negative responses to David Teague being our forwards coach!!!!

Didn't anyone do their research on him? He is a defender!!!! Only kicked 6 goals in 83 games!!!! What the hell is he doing coaching our forwards?!?!?!?!?
Yeah I get what you mean. The theory is a coach who has spent a lot of time working with defensive patterns and tactics can then use that knowledge to teach forwards how to understand what the defenders are going to try and do to stop them. They can then utilise that knowledge to take the defenders to places where they are going to be more vulnerable and hopefully score easier against them.

I anxiously await the negative responses to David Teague being our forwards coach!!!!

Didn't anyone do their research on him? He is a defender!!!! Only kicked 6 goals in 83 games!!!! What the hell is he doing coaching our forwards?!?!?!?!?

I don't have a problem with it. Theoretically, if you've been teaching guys how to stop forwards, you should be able to teach forwards how to beat defenders.

Hell, forwards need to defend just like everyone else now-a-days and it's not like he has just been a defensive coach ... he's coached a team in his own right.

I don't have a problem with it. Theoretically, if you've been teaching guys how to stop forwards, you should be able to teach forwards how to beat defenders.
Yes, it's why Hartigan had been doing post game reviews with Pods this year. The idea being Pods would tell Hartigan what a forward would be thinking in this situation and then what he'd need to do to counter that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back