Asus Gaming Rig-Scorptec.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

I have brand loyalty with Samsung. I have a 24" LED 1080 screen. It does a good job but I think the old GTX460 is struggling a little.

No leaky white coming up from the bottom like my old 1680x1050 22" LCD which was good for it's time.

nice thanks. have been looking around for a monitor to take advantage of the cards. My current one is native 1080p. They seem good, certainly cheaper than some others, cough Dell cough. Out of stock until march 15 th is aplus, they seem popular. Reviews that talk about dead pixels is a worry. Do you have one? Will keep in mind as my search continues. Oh, update on the rig. Case still hasn't shown up. I may get it by Christmas.
I don't have one...... BUT it is on the wishlist.... right after I build my gaming RIG. :confused:

These monitors have a bit of a story behind them here: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1971909
They have had a pixel perfect option available which sold out long ago, and it's a better look to remove the sku from the website rather that just have it listed as out of stock for months on end. From memory they were $30-$40 extra. I'm sure that when they get their shipment through the PP sku will be relisted on the site.

If you don't play shooters then an non-overclockable 2560x1440/1600 IPS panel @60hz may be fine.
Yamakasi Catsleap (try not to laugh, they do have a cult following) here:http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=catsleap 2b&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1311.R1&_nkw=yamakasi catleap&_sacat=0

Once I build my rig I'll continue with my 23.5" 1080p Samsung and just check the Overlord site every other week until the stars align.....

Just really drooling at the concept of gaming with 3.6+million glorious pixels, which is ~75% more than 1080HD @2.1ish million pixels and 400% more that the 900k pickels my current xbox churns out at 720HD. Just needs bulk GPU grunt.... Which you have covered!!!

@T-Brett while you've been waiting I ordered, paid and built a budget rig for my brother starting on the 8th of Feb where I ordered most parts from pccg and some (Case and SSD) from MSY on the 9th of Feb, both payments were cleared on Monday 11th, both packages arrived on Thursday 14th and was built on Friday afternoon.:)

@T-Brett while you've been waiting I ordered, paid and built a budget rig for my brother starting on the 8th of Feb where I ordered most parts from pccg and some (Case and SSD) from MSY on the 9th of Feb, both payments were cleared on Monday 11th, both packages arrived on Thursday 14th and was built on Friday afternoon.:)
yeah..thanx..

this rig of mine is getting beyond a joke, I will be calling tomorrow, and unless I have a by Thursday guarantee delivery, I will cancel this bullshit.

got it today. Spent the arvo setting it up, i was very impressed with the Steam back up feature, very easy, patches and DLC. Battlefield 3, easy workaround for transferring, but the icing on the cake...Crysis 3 on full. WOW. Spent a couple of hours with it and it plays brilliantly. I think a certain type of monitor mentioned above is in order. Well worth the wait, frustrations aside. Cheeers for the comments..now just need to get my skills up to the level of this thing..

Scorptec are fantastic :thumbsu:, i modified one of their listed pc's (which would have been $1500) to something that suited me more for $1200 (eliminated ssd, opted for a better quality hdd, better power supply, changed the case, supplied my own video card etc). I will actually be upgrading it through them very soon, i am more than capable and qualified doing it myself..... i would rather give it to someone else to do (in regard to undoing the cable ties required), if i made a mistake on my own system i'd be pretty embarrassed, not to mention slightly annoyed.

Nice. Now you can watch a 4 way pr0n montage, priorities! ;)

However....
Far Q. Hating this thread. :p
Stuck on a shitty sub HD xbox with all my money tied up in 2 businesses and a friggin house renovation. Aaaarrrrggghhhhhh!
if it makes you feel any better, the monitor went on credit, I didn't have the money for it at all.;) Had to have it tho. Hmm, could a new PC not be a tax writeoff for one of your businesses? Just stick some spreadsheets on it and bingo, thanks taxman!

Scorptec are fantastic :thumbsu:, i modified one of their listed pc's (which would have been $1500) to something that suited me more for $1200 (eliminated ssd, opted for a better quality hdd, better power supply, changed the case, supplied my own video card etc). I will actually be upgrading it through them very soon, i am more than capable and qualified doing it myself..... i would rather give it to someone else to do (in regard to undoing the cable ties required), if i made a mistake on my own system i'd be pretty embarrassed, not to mention slightly annoyed.
they did dick me around a bit, but I can't complain about the end product. I hear you on the last bit. No way I could have it looking so neat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waiting for monitor review.......

:)

I'm looking at a PB238Q right now (second monitor at work, in profile mode). Haven't tinkered with the out-of-box settings, but it's a perfectly good monitor.

Haven't looked into it recently, but a couple of years ago, Dell monitors offered the best bang for buck before stepping up to the ultra-expensive bracket of NEC & Eizo. Have a U2711 at home as my primary monitor. Not 100% sure, but I believe the new U2713's are of a slightly lesser quality (and price).

I'm looking at a PB238Q right now (second monitor at work, in profile mode). Haven't tinkered with the out-of-box settings, but it's a perfectly good monitor.

Haven't looked into it recently, but a couple of years ago, Dell monitors offered the best bang for buck before stepping up to the ultra-expensive bracket of NEC & Eizo. Have a U2711 at home as my primary monitor. Not 100% sure, but I believe the new U2713's are of a slightly lesser quality (and price).
TBH,i didn't check it out in person, just read a bunch of reviews and went for it. I love it, takes a little getting used to and setting up, brightness at 40 for me, but awesome for gaming.

I should update....I ended up having issues with my GPU's so sent them back and paid for the TOP models, which were fine, but ran too hot for SLI, so sold them to some mates, and bought 2 EVGA 670 FTW's 4gb. Much better temps, but slightly less performance than the TOP's. And now NVIDIA are releasing the 780's! I won't be buying those anytime soon. No need just yet,my CPUruns stable @4.6ghzand bothe the cards chug along @ 1241 each, and the memory on these things can OC heaps + 700 memory offset!

Mmmmmmm

nvidia 700 series.

socket 1150 haswell

z87 mobo's

any

day

now.......
a few leaked articles show the 780 is roughly 30%better than 680 and only about 10% slower than titan and aroung 649. So, prob 800 here with our customary Pacific Inflation. Maybe 6 months from now I might consider if i can get them from OS. Was playing Metro Last Light @70-80 fps 1440p, so need to upgrade just yet.

a few leaked articles show the 780 is roughly 30%better than 680 and only about 10% slower than titan and aroung 649. So, prob 800 here with our customary Pacific Inflation. Maybe 6 months from now I might consider if i can get them from OS. Was playing Metro Last Light @70-80 fps 1440p, so need to upgrade just yet.

Yep, though some articles claim the 780 (titan lite) will be nearer to the $1000 mark, the leaked specs also show the 770 & 760ti are a product shuffle/recycle of the 680 & 670 gk 104 gpu's with that sweet aluminium cooler.

I'm currently settled on buying a 3570k on a maximus v gene with a pair of 7950 cards in an obsidian 350D for $2k but eager to find out what the new pricing is and how it will affect the pricing of current stuff.

current wishlist https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=167508&action=wish_lists

Water cooling? All gibberish to me. :p
I wouldn't mind watercooling my cards. My CPU is, and comfortably sits at 4.6ghz. My EVGA's can be quite loud as they have shroud coolers, and the lack of noise and 5-10c lower temps would be nice. I understand the theory, it's the dismantling and putting back together, and all the plumbing, is a little beyond me. Pity there isn't a place to have it done for you, for a reasonable price of course!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back