Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Leckie has been brilliant for Ingolstadt this season, watched as much as i could of the 2. Bundesliga and that front 3 is great. Auto promotion definitely on the cards and Leckie is a big part of that. Has to start for us in the Asian cup on the left/

Anybody know what Eli Babalj is doing at AZ Alkmaar? Surely he needs to go to somewhere where he can get a game, instead of spending bench time there.

Would prefer he plays in a league that would nuture his creativity like Holland or Germany. Nick Carle's career was killed playing at Palace.

As soon as he gets bought, he drops into obscurity. I don't trust the higher teams to give him the match time I'd prefer.

apparently he is italy but i reckon he looks asian

a low seria a club or la liga would be cool

new-bresciano

Would prefer he plays in a league that would nuture his creativity like Holland or Germany. Nick Carle's career was killed playing at Palace.

indeed its good having the like of ryan in beligum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. Much like Oar, Kruse and Leckie his game is much better suited in Germany or Holland....probably more so as he is a central player not a wide one.

Can we develop defensive midfielders like Jedinak and Milligan? Or better yet, strikers? I would love to see someone like Juric or Burns develop as a striker.

Agree, a genuine, quality striker would be fantastic. We haven't really had one since Viduka retired. Juric definitely shows promise and is still fairly young.

Peter Skapetis is a young striker who has done well for the Australian youth sides and is now at Stoke. Not sure how he's doing though.

Can we develop defensive midfielders like Jedinak and Milligan? Or better yet, strikers? I would love to see someone like Juric or Burns develop as a striker.

Luongo is a box-to-box holding mid, ideally Jedinak should be playing on his own as the holding mid, and Luongo pretty central.

We don't exactly have any standout #10 candidates, ffs James Troisi is playing atm. Chris also plays wide right.

As for goals, Ikonomidis banged in 9 goals in the u/19 comp, leading all comers by quite a lot

Luongo is a box-to-box holding mid, ideally Jedinak should be playing on his own as the holding mid, and Luongo pretty central.

We don't exactly have any standout #10 candidates, ffs James Troisi is playing atm. Chris also plays wide right.

As for goals, Ikonomidis banged in 9 goals in the u/19 comp, leading all comers by quite a lot
Eeeeee.

His name sounds Greek (so if I'm wrong I'm a racist) so I hope he wants to commit as a senior.

Luongo I reckon could be a good #10. Then again, if Mooy develops that won't be a problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back